gods plan

I would like the true believers in the Christian god to come forward…what is gods plan for humans on earth…

part of gods plan would seem to include reproducing without any attempts to control sexual intercourse…the catholics may have gods plan right…

They do, all the time, you can spend a few seconds on Google and get an answer to that question- a bunch of answers. If you mean come forward and address you specifically…

…what’s their motivation to do such a thing?

I think the Christian believers are very confused about gods plan…

Given 500 million people, would you expect the average to have the story straight concerning anything?

but how is a faithful Christian going to know …how to be saved…how to be on the good side of god…I could never understand this
james you know this stuff

A Christian is at peace with himself and the world. If he feels divided and struggling then he is not ‘on the good side of God’.

how do you know this phyllo

How do you know when something works? How do you know when it doesn’t?

What are the needs of a human being?

How are needs satisfied?

Why is love considered better than hate?

Why is wisdom better than ignorance?

If you think about life, you realize that you already have great understanding. You are already the Buddha.

That’s pretty much it. It is pretty simple.
Put yourself in the hands of God.” That means, “just refuse to worry and accept that it is being taken care of by much higher authorities than yourself (even if not by “God” directly)”.

But perhaps, for the less religious… Anticipation: Teasing Hope.

I thought gods plan was behave yourself or you are going to hell…and if you are good you will go to heaven…

If you misbehave, then you will get a whack on the butt… If you are good, then you will get an ice cream cone. The philosophy of a four year old child.

but is that gods plan for the Christian believer…I am not saying it is right…

The purpose of this :

… is not to give the kid a whack nor to give him an ice cream. The purpose is to get him to do something which is good for him. It is presented in terms which he can understand at his age.

Except that’s just human created, punishment and rewards.

I don’t see any animals whacking other animals for making a mistake.

I see hardly any animals rewarding other animals for doing something worthy. Very few do. Chimpanzee’s, perhaps elephants, etc. Only with gratification, not with punishment, and it is not so much of a reward as it is simple respect.

The idea is that if you do stupid things, you end up having problems (“Hell”). But if you do wise things, you end up having no problems (“Heaven”).

Turtle, I suspect it best for you to think of God as “Reality itself”. Attend to reality properly and your problems diminish. Ignore reality and just do what you want at the time and your problems will increase over time.

The distinction between the immature and the mature is that the immature do things based upon what they are supposed to do and the mature do things based upon what needs doing. While immature, learn by doing what you are supposed to do. But once actually mature, do things based upon your own (hopefully wise) perception of what actually needs doing.

It is similar to Christmas. To the child Christmas is all about Santa Claus, toys, trees, and turkey. But to the adult, it is about surrendering selfishness to giving and forgiving. In between those two, it is about money and struggling to avoid embarrassment.

The view from the mesocosm–
“Know then thyself, presume not God to scan,
The proper study of Mankind is Man,
Placed on this isthmus of a middle state,
A being darkly wise and rudely great.”—Alexander Pope

In an essay on human nature A. Huxley describes us as amphibians–feet on the ground, head in the clouds. The middle ground is our here and now awareness. We know little of the microcosm or macrocosm. We exist in consciousness in the mesocosm and project our POV from that vantage point onto all the befores and afters. For God to be real for us and have a plan for us, God would have to become evident in where we are. There are mystics and spiritual leaders who have expressed this God with us.

Considering what you see and know of the universe, could any god any creator for those who do believe, can anyone believe a god tp be that dumb? Like a rock?

arc I just don’t know…