Hunger

Phred is such a Jesus, and Kris is such a Jew.

From “Bear Creek 1998”

The best way to stop a revolution
Is to put it up for sale.
The market place solution
Is that fads will never fail
To bring in the customers daily
To buy what they cannot do
While the video, voyeur security
Sucks the life right out of you.

This is what happened to the youth movements of the 1960s. It’s also what century 21 is all about in the USA.

“Buying and spending, we lay waste our powers;
Little we see in Nature that is ours.”–Wordsworth

Without a sense of being part of Nature, we are imprisoned in our heads. Commerce gives us that sense of belonging by having, not by being. It is no wonder that lust for having creates have nots.

I admit I’m an old hippie. But I haven’t seen here in the USA a better, or even an equal, sense of brotherhood than that expressed by the young people of the 60s. Consumerism dulls all ideals eventually. It is taught hunger that fits the ego better than natural hunger.
The wealth disparity now in the USA is 98 % poor, 2% wealthy. Doesn’t that prove there is something wrong with a system that allows this to happen?

98% poor, 2% wealthy” - really?

Yes. This amount of income inequality has not been experienced for 100 years.

Well, you can draw the line wherever you want so you can get practically any number … 98%, 50%, 15%.
But by saying that 98% of the US is poor, you lose all credibility because even a cursory investigation shows that much more than 2% of the population is well-off and comfortable.

Also : Poor is the US is much different than poor in Bangladesh.

I’m not discussing Bangladesh.
About the wealth disparity in the USA, just google “wealth inequality in the US”; you’ll find my claim not exorbitant.

There is a difference between wealth inequality and wealth.

For example, let’s say there are 100 people … one person has a yearly income of $1 billion and the others each have have an income of $100,000. All of them can live comfortably on their incomes. There is income inequality but the 99 are not poor.

About 20% of Am. families make a six figure income. One hundred thousand dollars per year would make a rich man of a single individual, but it reduces a family of four to ability to pay for the bare essentials. In the USA this family of four or more with a six figure income (100,000 per year) would be considered poor. The % of persons, families who make less than this is more than 20. So, what happened to the American dream–that anyone can pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and, with true grit and practical husbandry, get the rewards of prosperity?

Americans should have 2 kids, no more, anything else is habitat destruction.

I agree. In the 1970s two kids per family was known as zero population growth. (ZPG). Isn’t China attempting something like this?

I don’t care to know about China, it is a filthy country full of bad people. If it were up to me it would have negative population growth.

Americans are not degenerate like them, they would not shoot their daughters for money, therefore we can safely instill a 2 child policy in America.

What if the Am. family has two daughters and wants a son? I knew a family that had seven males and only one female.

Take away the 22% of Americans who earn $50,000 or more per year and you still have 78 % who don’t.

How much income does an American need for you to not consider him poor? What is a non-poor American able to buy?

According to the latest polls it takes an income of $50,000 per year for a family to break even. That leaves 72% of the population who can’t do this. I’d consider the 72% to be poor.

What does that mean?
A family of how many?
What does “break even” mean?
What do families which “break even” have? Houses? Cars? Vacations? Savings? TVs?

What do you expect people to have in order not to be considered poor? How do the non-poor live?

Poor–a family of four making less than 50,000 dollars per year. Vacations? Forget it. As Alice noted, it takes all the running I can do to stay in the same place.

Rent is how much? $18,000/year ??
Food? $6000/year ??
Utilities? $2000/year ??

Which leaves $24,000 for everything else.

You betray a hedonistic need, the need to “want”. Its what everybody “wants” isn’t it, that is most important. If people want a son, it is their divine right to fuck and breed 18 babies until they get a son…sarcasm

If they want their male chromosome so bad, put it in a DNA bank. Only special people, like Tesla, should be able to breed endlessly like that.