If You're Listening To Music Right Now III

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3wjHohS_g[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1DyQlkwCDw[/youtube]

youtu.be/3RyLc-mR2Fw

Hedvig Mollestad Trio

The solo kinda bangs.

youtu.be/-5Kpf8JIIDA

Listen for the dude to go ‘riiight!’. Lol. That’s jazz musician’s lingo for being locked in.

Bro. I didn’t know this band existed. Why didn’t anybody say something? Did y’all know about these guys? Andy? This is like THE quintessential Indy prog rock band if I ever heard one, and it’s all new. I feel like this chick has brought prog rock back with some authority.

And the drummer uses a china plate like bruford, too?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedvig_ … _Thomassen

Just listen to random songs in the background and the sweet spots will catch ur ear. But don’t focus on it, cuz you’ll get burned out to fast. Don’t try to listen.

I listened to the first one and it kinda worked like you said, just switch it off, catch the magistral solo, not be too annoyed at the pointless repetition before and after. But I end up with a kind of annoyed aftertaste after.

This girl should have found herself righteous individuals as inspired as her, the band is just lukewarm.

But the solo was surely righteous. Surely righteous.

She would have been a metal legend back in the day.

Playing with Black Flag or something. Some people that can match her spirit. But then sometimes it’s the failing of the lead him or herself. They are control freak and need submissive bandmates, step on their own hose.

Fuck it, I’ll give a couple other tracks a try.

I’ve been through around sixty songs so far in Amazon. Here’s five I’d put in my favorites.

Laughing John
Magic Moshroom
First Thing to Pop is the Eye
In The Court of the Trolls
Indian Driving

Still Leo Flash’ is my favorite so far. It’s got a trademark crimsony sound with those ugly diminished chords. Could almost sound like Crimson’s ‘Red’ rearranged.

I can promise u that this trio greatly appreciated the Jonas Hellborg, Shawn Lane, Jeff Sipes trio, because they - hedvig mollestad - sound like a more amateur version of the other… so much so that it’s almost identical style improvisation. I bet you could dig up somewhere her either writing or talking about that influence. King crimson is obvious. Mahavishnu sounding too.

Lol go listen to Crimson’s ‘one more red nightmare’ song beginning… then listen to Leo Flash’.

Me and my guys did the same shit. Hahahahahaha. We were so blown away by how badass that song was (‘red’ too), we tried to figure out something like it and call it our own.

No doubt tho. Music like this is listened to differenty. Some demands detailed attention, others only peripheral attention.

It is the blend of irritatingly long solos and hidden, unexpected sweet spots in the groove, that is so frustrating about this genre. You have to just let it play in the back and trust your ear to alert u when something cool happens.

Sweet spot at 4:06 in Leo Flash’

streamable.com/dezruk

I need to inform uncle Bobby and uncle Billy (guitarist and drummer for KC) of this band immediately. This is absolute gold.

U see what I mean tho. A good prog band hides spots like this as if they were Easter eggs.

Gwen Stephani and Courtney Love. Behold her, and kneel before Hedvig…
968.jpg

Somebody commission pHoNEuTriA to draw that, man. It’ll get sold because there’s a yuge fan base, maybe not immediately tho. I’ll pitch in when I get some dough. I’m fixin to go back to work in a couple weeks.

Shouldn’t be tremendously, tremendously expensive because there’s not a lot of hair. That’s what graphite pencil artists hate the most. Hair.

youtu.be/lqakDo11cPQ

Oh snap, I axed Alexa to play alternative 90s rock and she put Billy ‘temper tantrum’ Corgan, the angry boy next door, on me. Gotta hand to em tho the shit still jams…

[url=https://youtu.be/8-r-V0uK4u0]the world is a vampire

set to dra-e-a-e-ain…[/url]

Double post

Very much into tango tonight.

youtu.be/lQ-x-oaMVaI

Have no idea who this woman is; but I can tell you, I do feel that part at 4:06.

What’s the difference between dubstep and Skrillex? I mean, isn’t Strillex dubstep and dubstep Skrillex? Or is he brostep? I have know idea why “dub” and why “step” but I am even at a greater loss as to why “bro”.

If Ishkur is to be trusted, this is dub and this is bro. I can definitely see why brostep is more popular. Gramatik’s piece is much better even though he’s generaly neither dub nor bro nor step of any kind. But that’s Gramatik. Many other pieces on Ishkur’s list sound almost exactly like dub e.g. Godzilla. All in all, very little difference. Brostep seems to be merely more complicated, elaborate and aggressive and that’s all.

That’s Justice - Genesis. Better than dubstep, that’s for sure. Stuff gets real right at 2:17.