In the Image of God

^ Oh, well we should certainly abide by that, then. Let’s not speak of the H word ever again. :-$

BTW, is the World Fellowship of Buddhists anything like the Fellowship of the Ring?

The uncomfortable moment when a person is found out to be misinformed.

Sure, there are other reasons why a sociopath may want to got to a monastery. But I doubt if these are really strong motivators for such an action. Sociopaths are also egotistical and they blame others for their own problems. It seems more likely that a sociopath would try to solve his problems by manipulation and lies rather than a retreat from society.

I wonder what the statistics are regarding the number of sociopaths in monasteries.

Top 10 professions selected by sociopaths (although clergyman/person is #8, I don’t think that it means lowly monk) :

mic.com/articles/44423/10-profe … .xEo2U3ZD1

Well, I’m not saying being a sociopath draws you towards Buddhist monasteries. I agree that he would probably try to solve his problems by other means, but I think this is true of anybody, not just sociopaths. What I’m saying is that the peace of mind that Theravada Buddhism promises should be just as applicable to the sociopath as it is for everyone else (at least I see no reason why it wouldn’t be).

^ Might be interesting.

I would like to know why trees do not hug me back when I’ve hugged them. :cry:

How do they actually get these statistics? Do they interview everyone at the job and ask if they are sociopaths?

Probably from sociopathic convicts and the jobs they held before being convicted.