Jesus vs. Gautama Buddha

Siddhartha Gautama lived in his day much like Jesus did.

when we examine these religious figures we find that there is one aspect that has kept them alive throughout the ages, their personalities and the effect they had on people that came within the sphere[s] of their existence[s].

Siddhartha was a very powerful figure in his day, men who would meet him would ask him “Are you a god?” -No- "Are you an angel?’ -No- “Are you a messenger?” -No-, “Then what are you?”, Siddhartha’s response however would not be “I am the Son of God” his response would be “I am awake”.

two men of immense spiritual genius, yet they lived in different cultures, which had an ultimate effect on the course of their lives.
Jesus was raised in a Jewish faith tradition
Jesus was the ‘perfect Jew’.
Siddhartha was raised in a Hindu faith tradition.
Siddhartha was in a sense ‘the perfect Hindu’.
im sorry to raise this question from such an analytical standpoint, and i know i have not taken into account all the stuff a ‘believer’ would when analyzing these two men, but i am not a ‘believer’ so i cant help it.

but im interested to hear what you think about the parallel between the two men.

all of God’s children,christ,buddha,etc are all given false philosopher’s stones,that is their source of inhuman power.

So, no elixir of life? Damn. i was hoping one of them could let me drink a bit. Oh well, maybe i should go ask Mahdi.*

[size=50]* Reference is to Shii Islam, not Frank Herbert’s Dune[/size]

there there,the stones are made from humans,free pure blood mixed with the majestic beauty of alchemy.

Donnie…please make yourself comprehensible for gods sake.

explain what that means in an decipherable way, so that i can understand.
you cant expect anyone to understand what you are saying unless you define the terms that you use in all of your posts.

such as false philosopher stone, what the hell does that mean.

inhuman power, what do you mean.
please keep this in mind. nobody knows what your talking about, and its not because we’re ‘ignorant’ its because your incomprehensible.

Mr. Kebop,

From my own understanding, both were the physical manifestations of singular being … precisely adapted to the very differences of culture you previously elucidated, and for precisely those reasons.

It is not two, but one, fragmentarily understood by humans as being separate instances.

Except for the fact that the energy for alchemy has to come from somewhere. Alchemists still have to channel the energies through the gate the Philospher Stone skips that step and feeds off of the energy of despair and death of that world.

There is a law of equivalent exchange, but it doesn’t work like most people think it does.

ok why are people talking about cartoons like that stuff is real? Someone who doesn’t watch anime might get the idea that you guys were serious…

That would hardly be fair, they aren’t even in the same weight class.

alright, the second serious reply in this thread! i wanted first, but close enough. :slight_smile:

in any case, i believe jesus was the son of god and siddharta gautama was, next to solomon, the wisest man that ever lived. (of course, he could rival him, seeing as how gautama was not born when the bible was written.)

i believe that gautama was one of very very few people to ever actually reach enlightenment. many more have claimed it, but not all have done it. jesus didn’t reach enlighenment, in one sense, he was enlightenment. but we’ll not get into that. it’s confusing and crazy and not the topic of this thread.

I was actually wondering if people were going to catch on. Yeah the lives of Christ and Buddah are quite similar.

and that prooves my philosophy right.

God has no Sake.

use wikipedia,i shouldn’t be your Dog,or at least use GOOGLE search engine.

watch your choice of words please,False philosopher’s stone’s are imperfect,like sinners,they are made from humans impure and unworthy of life.

i mean Jesus bright eyes.

that’s funny,i’m comprehending this conversation quiet well,yes you are being ignorant,and lazy.

here is your answer:

because research prooves it isnt just anime.

J.C. & Bud. had a few major similarities:

Altruism.
Anti-materialism.
Anti-carnal focus/goals.

They were different people though, and NOT “manifestations” of a single being. If they met, each would preach as if they were absolutely true, and each would differ, and each would think the other was wrong, and think that the self was right.

I suggest not wasting time on threads like these, though.

Astounding!

Some people can continually post absolutely nothing and assert their superiority, every single time, and in every single thread.

Anything that anyone perceives on this plane of existence is manifested, and were it not for the framentary and segemented perspective of a “time” based consciousness, it should be simple to understand.

Looking at the identifying characteristics of both these entities, the only real points of contention lie within geography and culture of geography.

why?

i would beg to differ. i think that if they met, gautama would allow Jesus to preach and believe in what he said, since gautama was wise enough to know that he was not divine, was not perfect, and believed in all the same things that Jesus did. he would know that Jesus was the son of God and allow him to preach.

Que?