Locution, Illocution, and Perlocution.

I would detail a certain rhetorical instrument I often utilize. For example:

An objection to strong passions.-- The soul rests in all vehement passions.

– Liber I; A Glorious Risk: Philosophemes and Romantic Fragments, no. 190.

The locutionary is simply the domain of what is said, that is, the intended meaning behind what is said and the actual words in which this meaning is transmitted; the illocutionary is the ‘effective’,- often unintended meaning of the linguistic formulation itself, while the perlocutionary is the effect this transmissible meaning, as lectus, has on other ideas and the reader more generally conceived, namely those ideas entirely unconnected to the subject of the perlocutionary act in its various exoteric semioses. In the example aphorism I began this post with, the ‘objection’ raised in the epigram’s title is to the Schopenhauerian thesis that the height of philosophy is disinterested contemplation of beauty, or the Spinozan amore intellectus,- the love of the Intellect or ‘Soul’,- for paradoxically, this state of disinterest or rest would imply vehement pathos, (Differentiation is required for disinterested contemplation, and the only way the philosopher might differentiate between the domain of intellect and that of passion would be precisely through great passions, since his intellect has swallowed up so much of his life and transformed it under the veil of an idea into intellect,- from whose ghostly kingdom he seeks to extricate himself in hope of convalescence from all things worldly,- his rest, his ‘other-wise than philosophy’. As I write elsewhere: “One might read Shakespeare’s Timon of Athens, not to confirm, but to cure his misanthropy. It is only when we see our own qualities revealed in another person that they begin to revile us.” Following what has been said here, one might likewise read Petrarch, not to confirm, but to ‘cure’ his love-pathos; one might read Machiavelli, not to confirm, but to dispense with his cunning and baser political instincts,- so it happens, that one might read Schopenhauer, not to confirm, but to cure his asceticism, so on and so forth. Thus, in another aphorism on the same page as the one I am analyzing now, discussing the achievement truly, of ‘disinterested contemplation’ or escape from pathos: “Thought fertilizes itself through the use of the passions and, like insects, destroys its mate after it has served its use.”) like that precisely from which Schopenhauer seeks to escape,- like that from which the Will, for him, realizes its own perfection in disavowal and overcoming. However, as long as one does not set this as the moral height of human nature, such vehement passions can be enjoyed without offending the philosophic-conscience,- and this is in fact the perlocutionary strategy of the aphorism, for the paradox central to its rhetorical device forces the reader to either reject placing disinterested contemplation of beauty as the height of philosophy, on the one hand, or, on the other, accept the inevitable systematic inconsistency that would compromise the whole ethical relationship between theoretical philosophy and ethical praxis, the derivation of whose equivalence is one of the primary goals of those who advance the formula of the ancient ‘nil admirari’, or a Socratic equivalence between the Good, Beauty, and Truth. A great deal of my writing employs, at various levels, the perlocutionary act, especially to force the reader into doing and thinking things against their own will and philosophical goals, to the ultimate perlocutionary end of replacing ‘their’ goals with-- my goals.

_
…a pleasurable read, with an interesting end …the means to your end.

The many connotations to why and what we read/input, isn’t always evident, and most-often assumed… the literary version of homeopathy v allopathy.

Yes, it was a pleasurable read.

The last time I paid the OP a compliment in another thread, I was accused of kissing his ass so I backed off on this occasion - sorry OP - but since you mentioned something MagsJ, why not…

…to hell with the ass-kissing critics…thanks OP…

…and one of the OP’s more thoughtfully-written OPs, with regard to the audience and reader having at last something tangible to work from… tho the fini is very ominous indeed, in the objective that the OP ultimately seeks… tho I have met some, that through boredom or adventure, has brought them to a place of wanting to be influenced by another.

Positively interacting with me will not bring you anything nice, for you see, I piss everyone off here because 1) I write actual philosophy and 2) I’m the only one with either the brain or balls to stand on my own, and I advance a truly independent philosophy that puts me at odds with both sides of every conversation/debate. It cost me all my allegiances and friends, but that is a small price to pay for not being a little bitch. In the thread I made on tertiary capitalism, for example, the only counter-argument I got, even from Fixed Cross, was: dur you no say capitalism gud, u r communist.

Every single time I am drawn into an argument with a capitalist, I get accused of being a communist; every single time I argue with a communist, I get accused of being a capitalist. Hmm, I wonder why that is?
In both cases unjustifiably and without any actual argument behind it of course. Similarly, when I argue with the devout, I am accused of atheism, or blasphemy, heresy, etc. while, when I argue with an atheist, I get accused of being hyper-religious, Christian, etc. When I argue with hard Right politics, I get accused of advancing Leftist thought; when I argue with mentally incompetent Leftists, I get accused of bigotry and conservatism. But all of this too, is quite simply another aspect of my perlocutionary strategy, because the thing you are forced into blindly labeling me with, is an indication of what you, yourself, actually are; I can read your intention behind the label you reflexively ascribe to me after running out of any legitimate argument to make against what I bring- which is an independent, new, philosophy- for there can be no argument made against something truly new, something from the Outside. That is what makes it new, independent, outside. If an argument could be made against me from within the structure of philosophy as it stands, then I could not possibly exist outside of that structure, which would mean I could not possibly be truly new and independent.

Of all things, it is this, for which I take the most pride. Pride in discovering a truly novel philosophy; in finding a way out of all of these divisions and categories, so much so that, when confronted with me, the only thing people can do is accuse me of being whatever it is that they are not. (And by telling me what you are not, you are telling me what you are.) If it’s a communist fighting with me, I’m a capitalist. If I’m arguing with a capitalist, I’m accused of being a communist. Both communism and capitalism are extensions of the one logic- and I am the only position outside of that singular, autopropagating, all-consuming, hypermnematic logic; the logic of globalizing, stage-three, or ‘tertiary capitalism’. And both communists and capitalists, being blind propagators of that logic, will react defensively to me, and with equal urgency- for it is neither one in particular that I oppose, but the logical virus they both perpetuate. To me the entire history of the world, leading up to, through, and beyond the World Wars, and all the people in it, are all a show, a grand mental illness, a mind-virus that does what it does without really understanding why it does anything at all. A conspiracy without conspirators.

i once had a t-shirt with JL Austin on it that said, “perlocutionary acts? don’t ask me!”

edited for drunkenness

It is apparent from your post history that you are intelligent.

It is equally apparent that you are not very wise.

Real men face their problems, they do not seek to escape them!

I hope you find a solution to your problem.

Peace. [-o<

Best wishes, Bert.

I don’t need you to confirm my intelligence.

My problem is I have trigeminal neuralgia you fucking cunt. Why don’t you spare me the trouble and wikipedia it yourself. Imagine the worst physical pain you have felt in your life, multiply it by ten, and there: imagine that 24 hours a day. From the moment you wake up, the moment you gain consciousness, to the moment you die and lose consciousness forever. That’s what trigeminal neuralgia is, you fucking cunt. That’s my fucking problem and I’ll deal with it however the fuck. Every single day I feel the worst physical pain I have ever felt in my life, and it lasts that entire day, until I manage to knock myself out. The amount required to numb me enough to function happens to be well within the range of the dose required to intoxicate me, so what do you recommend I do? Should I blow my brains out? It’s a physical disease that is the problem and there is no way to fix it, so I HAVE to either escape it with medication, or fucking die.

And for this you tell me I am not wise.

Wisdom? Your wisdom, to me, is whatever you’re allowed to be. I don’t ask permission to be what I am. I need pills to actually STAY ALIVE. Maybe I need to drink too, to stay alive. Your modern concept of drug addiction doesn’t mean anything to me. I don’t have anything to prove to you.

So go ahead, question my life decisions as much as you want, but it’s not philosophy.

edited for hostility

edited for hostility again

edited for hostility again-again

Night mate…

edited for drunkenness

If not now, then when?

edited for drunkenness

Parodites: 1st July, 2021
I wrote 12 five-hundred page volumes of original philosophy and 180 five-hundred page volumes of original sheet music.

Parodites: 8th April, 2021
Whereas, behind all of my boasting, there’s ten 500-page volumes of edited, revised, and fully formatted text. Because I renounced all other things and did nothing but work on it for the last 16 years, rotting in isolation without any thought for something more. And half of it’s in small print as footnotes, so maybe double that amount. (Add to that my volumes on original contributions to music theory and, well, you know: more than one-hundred 500-page volumes of raw sheet-music, spanning ten volumes of etudes alone, 67 half hour to one-hour long concertos and 25 hour-and-a-half long symphonies.)

BERT:
Wow! So the first ten volumes took, on average, 1.6 years to write each one. You knocked the next two out in a couple of months. The standard must have suffered a little. I note that you have also managed to produce a few volumes of sheet music in the past couple of months. Awesome.

PARODY:
“My problem is I have trigeminal neuralgia you fucking cunt.”

Musical interlude: youtu.be/tFN5DveQH0o

BERT:
Trigeminal neuralgia is not your only problem. You have a problem with your memory - unusual for someone with such a high IQ. You are also very rude. Not an endearing quality.

Karma? How does one come to terms with one’s own Karma?
Is it possible to change it? Alter it? Turn it around? Some folks don’t believe there is such a thing as Karma. Some folks spend their entire lives striving to find the right words to justify their own existence. Others would suggest, under the right conditions, the nature of reality stares them in the face. So many different points of view.

Parodites:
“To dread every minute of every day because… because you know you are actively in the process of … dying. Dying man. Dying. While fully conscious. I simply can’t exist without drugs. I. Will. Die.”

BERT:
A quick google suggests that it is not always the case. Although, it has to be said, most people do die at some point.

Have you given any consideration to being nice to people? Have you ever given any consideration to the ‘great scheme of things’? Wherein, you are no better - nor superior, to any living soul? I wish you a speedy recovery.

I’m not morally superior even to a god damn frog or canine let alone other human. It’s just that when I bring reality to bear, people try to defend against it with pathetic “arguments” that don’t work, like with everything I said regarding communists attacking me as capitalists and capitalists attacking me as communists.

I’ve met people on neutral, equal grounds. Yeah. Fixed Cross however completely betrayed years of my happy confidence in him, which is what prompted me to double down on bitching him out. For what it’s worth, my life has taught me the value of friendship: he’s the one who completely disowned me due to a political difference that… wasn’t even a political difference.

Yeah; google bullshit all over you.

I write at the same rate, sober or drunk, doped up or sober.

Some texts in the middle demanded more fortitude than texts at the beginning and end, but I revise everything until it’s all equal.

I turn 31 in a few hours. On July the First. This is the eighteenth year I have been in this self-imposed isolation- and I mean total isolation. That was punctuated by the only woman I ever loved, and secondarily, by my appeal to the state: I wanted to help my parents and I could neither physically, emotionally, or mentally go out to work, so I appealed to the state’s aid. It’s humiliating but I helped my mom. Anyway, I got awarded 20,000 dollars after a court appearance and I gave every dollar to my mother. Her and Sarah- those two are all that ever meant anything to me and they’re both women.

I’ve sat here and given people the benefit of the doubt, like Fixed Cross. Look, nobody is challenging to me. I don’t have much more time to be alive. I’m going to keep writing and posting as I have been, publish the 20 volumes of my work, and then disappear. In the meantime, I will reply to people when I can. But I am just trying to be honest. There’s not much left for me among the living. Like I said at the start of this thread, it’s about an original philosophy: my original philosophy. I’m up to beyond twelve 500-page volumes of philosophy and more than a hundred volumes of sheet music: I will continue to extend that number as much as I can until I die.

And if you think I’m rude, how about actually arguing a point in one of my threads instead of whining like a fucking little bitch? I’m rude? Oh, do so kindly fuck off.