Looking to judge a debate, clallengers needed.....

So we agree that something which we do not understand as part of the “natural” (at this time) might possibly be responsible for the Sumerian gods and/or Christianity. I would agree with you that ascribing a supernatural origin to something is silly UNLESS there is evidence which weights for such an explanation AND either a lack of evidence weighting for a more sensible, natural explanation of a known event, OR the existence of data which appears to contradict possible natural explanations for a known event.

Before Constantine (and later Theodosius and the missionary “sword”), about 10% of the population of the Roman Empire was Christian. That’s not an unusually high number, but what is unusual is the Christians themselves. These very early Christians were noted for extraordinary and unusual behaviors, not only works of charity and self sacrifice, but an absolute refusal to meet violence with violence regardless of the situation, and an evident desire to be persecuted by authorities and slaughtered in the arena. The early church fathers put out an edict against early Christians’ deliberate “rush to the arena”. Early accounts testify to the “changed lives” of all the apostles in a way that lead to suffering, persecution and martyrdom, with no hope of reward in this life.

These accounts of the early Christians are widespread enough to prompt further investigation into the “why” of their behavior, and that will be the subject of further posts. rebecca

Quite simply: there is just not enough evidence to take any of these religions too seriously.
You said you thought my best argument against christianity, was my critique of, some of, christs teaching; that is not my best argument against christianity (or, for that matter, against any religion), this is: ‘‘Chinese whispers’’… Think about it.

There is just NOT enough evidence… Add to this the effect of a game of chinese whispers, spanning centuries (even millenia), and its clear to see: even if a ‘god’ has been in contact with man, at some remote point in history, and given man a set of rules to live by, there is no way of knowing, fore sure, what this ‘god’ wants us to do, how it wants us to live.

Yes, I agree, its ‘‘possible’’ that christianity (even all three of the monotheisms) is based on actual events from history.
But its equally ‘‘possible’’ that we are all plugged into the matrix, or that all of this reality is the dream of someone or something!