Minimalism

He most certainly not was “popular with the soldiers”, it was a religion of the higher bureaucracy, most soldiers were not members, you had to be somebody to get invited, and it operated on a “you scratch your back, and I will scratch yours too” sort of Masonic motivation to ass kiss to the next higher level up. Most soldiers would of been members of other religions, including Christianity.

…sounds like a swell guy.

Well our London waterways are definitely minimal, and to think we were supposed to have canals and arching bridges a’la Venice, but the waterways’ pollution put paid to that… would have been beautiful.

My neighborhood alone built over three streams, it is a lot more that they are noting, given the tributary access points. London was the lowest place up river high enough to accomidate Roman era ships, near North-South Bridge. It is a naturally occurring cities, and such cities tend to be saturated in water.

One of the first things I do when looking for early frontier settlements is to find locations where streams merge, or multiple springs converge, waterfalls, etc. Early pioneers here were water thirsty, and this is a river town! River wasn’t enough, een if the farm was on the river in the flood plain, they wanted more creeks entering into the river on the corner of their property, with springs coming off the hill too. Absurd… but that’s how they patterned.

I find myself drawn to water too, if it is present wherever I happen to go… drinks by the marina… passing by a random waterfall… taking in the structure of a bridge in all it’s technical and architectural beauty… being in awe of large expanses of water.

The sound of that sea was just beautiful… they all went in, but I was happy to sightsee and just take it all in and chat to a local or two.

My oldest sister, her son, his girlfriend, two of his friends from their school days, my other sister, her two sons, and my brother’s son climbed that volcano’s bigger twin, while my bro and I drank coffee and rum in the cafe below… whilst I took advantage of the local wifi hotspot to catch up on my emails and social media and check into ILP.

First to turn back was my other sister… who got as far as the trail entrance, so not far at all. Next was my oldest sister’s son’s girlfriend who was back in 15 or so. My brother’s son and my other sister’s youngest son were the last to turn back… first one, then the other.

The rest made it to the top in two hours, but my two remaining nephews and the female school buddy made it back in one… because apparently they made like mountain goats and scrambled their way down, but my oldest sister took longer than the average two hours return time… and appeared with the guide and her son’s male school buddy in three…