Moving in a vacuum? Erm, no.

Who says space is a true vacuum?

Everyone who calls it a vacuum. Without answering my question.

Atmosphere is space and matter, which has a density. It is a volume of space that contains matter that surrounds the terrestrial part of earth, for instance. It is similar to saying there is some gas in a 1 gallon container. The gas is the matter and the gallon is the 3 dimensional distance which we refer to as volume, or space. If you pump carbon dioxide into earth’s atmosphere you are making the atmosphere more dense because you are pumping more mass into the space of the atmosphere. If you do that the atmosphere expands its space like filling a balloon. It’s why the earth came from the sun and continues to move away from the sun. Mass evolves to space. Mass gets less dense over time. The sun is getting less dense by its content moving away, making it less dense over time because the space (volume of the sun) is increasing. It is heat death and it happens at every level. Our entire solar system is the sun getting less dense. We live in the sun (solar system).

It seems like you’re not really arguing with anybody or anything, you’ve just invented a position to disagree with. I guess that can be fun, I do that sometimes in the shower.

Is there such a thing as completely dense matter without any space in it? About as likely as there being such a thing as completely empty space, or a true vacuum. Question. If all matter were to break down… liquidate back into an energetic proton ocean… would space disappear? And could heat death still happen without the matter stage, or is matter a necessary step?

I bet all your best ideas happen in the shower, FJ. Where you can’t write them down. That’s why you just do what you’re doing in this thread, right, buddy? Giving them to me, cuz you’re tired of bogarting all the fun.

tell me what happens during the experiments mentioned here:
apps.dtic.mil/sti/citations/ADA485155

and what this implies:
nhess.copernicus.org/preprints/nhess-2016-56/

lemme guess. the science is well known.

So. Branes. Sea/ocean. Vacuum energy. Stuff like that.

If stuff starts congealing so that the space between stuff grows…does that mean space is expanding? No. Space is not a vacuum (vacuum energy is a misnomer), for one. For two, actual expansion implies the opposite of conservation. Prove me wrong.

I’m just saying the words are misleading.

Gravity is the resistance in space. Correct, no (perfect) “vacuum”.

A vacuum refers to phenomena of Negative energies concentrated within a substance. There is a substance in space, called ‘radiation’, along with gravitational/magnetic forces.

Do you just mean cosmic microwave background?

look outward iucr.org/news/research-news … structures

If space is not expanding, that means the intervening space between measuring between signals must be expanding as shorter frequencies pick them up.

And that comes from my BS in physics*

BS as in bull xxxxx

:laughing:

Space is a Vacum - its not perfect vacum - but nothink we created is nethier - and particles are not the only resistance you can have in space - like for example GRAVITY - there is no place in known universe without gravity of somethink pulling on you- another force is exerted by fotons from stars - in our case sun - its so miningfull that it needs to be desined against and one of telescopes wich servos stabilizing have failed was put back into use by using light pressure to keep it stable - space aspacjaly on high earth orbit is suprisingly good vacum - and deep space is even better ( space between SOI of planets)

If you think about moving bodies having no real boundaries the further in/out you “scroll” — there is no space/vacuum … perfect or otherwise.

I don’t know how else to say it. We are the ones who imagine boundaries based on functions and what not — relative to what we can conceive. We barely even scratch the surface.

Just assuming, of course. Who am I?

dipole repeller, great attractor — google it

if you are riding in the geodesic perturbed wake of an object that is past you, And there is no object at the end of its wake trail (you’re only positing it as a placeholder — as repeller) then it is mere appearance that anything that big repels

and if its geodesic perturbed wake is attracting you, that is like saying a boat that has passed you is attracting you

The geodesics and the movement of bonded mass are all that is required to account for gravity

just pure conjecture of course

prove me wrong.

p.s. because space is a thing with geodesic structure, when mass bonds it tightens geodesics and pushes out space - space (quantum “vacuum”) does not increase

Look if it’s wrong it’s wrong. Show me why.

_
…as opposed to the ‘eternally-elusive’ graviton hypothesis?

I don’t think gravitons exist… :-$

Gravity… the effect of locality-based causes.

i heard about gravitons a few years back & they struck me as ridiculous right off the bat. couldn’t tell ya why.

just like the wave is not the water but would not exist without the water, and the water would not exist without wave (in various forms—nothing is still), everything involving waves involves substance/mass and vice versa; geodesics are structural large and small… tightening with bonds, loosening as energy released, whole thing metastable/conserved/sustained; whole moments are bonded within the whole timeline… Big Bang lit the fuse, now is the sparkly bit going down the timeline… at the end… grand finale. :wink: Not a whimper. And yeah there’s no beginning/end (just imagined edges, because Logos active NOW), but there is a point. :wink:

The Alpha/Omega (Logos) is a very active imagination :wink:

I feel like taking this thread back to its roots

specifically, this part:

Resistance against which? Why does motion require something with which to resist?

If you take a poo in space, your body has to push that poo out at a certain momentum. Whatever momentum your poo is now going in one direction, the same force has acted on your body in the opposite direction (no matter how small that force may be). You don’t need any external thing to resist against to have motion or momentum. You DO need something to move relative to, since motion is relative. But in this case, we have that: our body, and the poo.

Here’s what NASA has to say about it:

nasa.gov/audience/forstuden … et-k4.html

That is because space is not an actual vacuum, and that is why Newton’s third law works in the first place anywhere.

Also if you aren’t already familiar with it Google superhighways make space travel faster. Not a vacuum… no more than the space between (puts on nerd glasses) biological interstitiality (sinuses, say).