Mr Reasonable and iambiguous don't contend

Note to others:

If I ever manage to get this pathetic, you have my express permission to, well, think of something.

And what on earth is she doing “opening” a thread that I started?! Again, telling me to fuck off in a thread that I started. As though I was hounding her in a thread that she started.

That this sort of thing doesn’t embarrass her is her problem. I’ve done all I can to bring us closer to an actual substantive discussion.

fuck off

:laughing-rolling:

I’ve already responded to this above. The main reasons why, in my own opinion, many here avoid me. And, come on, what can the “goal” of any of us now be on a teeny, tiny philosophy site that has degenerated into a menagerie of yak yak yakkers, Kids and fulminating fanactics.

Besides, I’ve explained a number of times why I am still here:

And then of course the part where I am waiting for godot. Difficult to explain though until you are waiting yourself.

Here I can only extrapolate from myself. I am afraid of my own arguments. Why? Because they are really and truly grim, glum, ghastly.

Fractured and fragmented? Just around the bend from oblivion?

Only an idiot wouldn’t be frightened of thinking and feeling the same. And that’s why, in my view, I get the “fuck off” reactions that I do.

But: it’s not just a coincidence that they often come from those like karpel tunnel, mr reasonable and phoneutria. After all, they have enough smarts to know that maybe, just maybe, iambiguous is talking about them too.

Again, here are the threads that I sustain at ILP in order to pursue the things that most interest me philosophically…

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=170060
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=195930
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=196100
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=196110
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=175121
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195600
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=176529
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=185296
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=175006
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=186929
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195614
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195964
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=185296
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=194382

So, we’ll just have to agree to disagree as to whether or not I make an attempt to stimulate substantive exchanges.

Look, I’m not in the least surprised that those like Pedro, the Kids and the fulminating fanatics here are not embarrassed to post crap like this.

But how can someone who actually does take pride in her intelligence and wit not be embarrassed to be reduced down [over and over and over again] to this sort of juvenile delinquent mentality. In a philosophy forum!!

A part of me takes no pride in bringing her to this. But it’s not like I haven’t given her ample opportunity to redeem herself.

Right?

All you did was complement her intellect and call her “chickenshit”.

You didn’t address her grievances in any way.

Your other threads are irrelevant.

Is there anyone here who would argue that she is not exceptionally intelligent. And exceptionally witty. And an exceptionally good artist.

But there comes a time when when I have to ask myself why she refuses to take the opportunity to broach a discussion with me in regard to the points raised in the OP here on this thread. An opportunity to expose why she is convinced that my mind is “broken”. An opportunity to note specific instances of all the accusations she levels against me.

In that regard, I have come to conclude she is concerned that in such a discussion I will be more successful in yanking her down into my hole than she will be in yanking me up out of it.

Chickenshit is just me in polemicist mode. Taunting her to finally take the plunge into an actual substantive exchange.

What “grievances”? Go ahead, ask her to make a list of her “conditions”. Bring them here.

And if you actually think that all of the threads I noted above are “irrelevant” in attempting to create substantive exchanges here, that speaks considerably more about your motivation for being here than mine.

Doesn’t look like it’s working too well.

I recall that she spelled it out at least once but I don’t remember the exact thread. I’m not your lackey so I’m not going to ask her. Why don’t you ask her?

Your list of “substantive exchanges” doesn’t fix the problem that you have with her.

You pissed her off. Now you either do something to “unpiss” her or you don’t. Your choice.

True. And that is because her point about me [that my mind is “broken”] is either more or less reasonable than my point about her [that she is chickenshit]. Not that either one of us seems able to actually demonstrate which one it is.

I have asked her. Repeatedly. But she claims not to be reading my posts, so someone else will have to shoulder the responsibility of bringing it to her attention.

After all, once the conditions are noted, there’s always the possibility I will accept them and we can move on to the part where in a substantive exchange she pins me to the mat here.

And lots and lots of members here would like to see that, right?

Look, I make some rather radical observations about human identity in the is/ought world. I come to conclusions that have left me “fractured and fragmented”. And I suggest in my signature threads why I came to these conclusions and why I believe they are applicable to all mere mortals in a No God world.

This either interest her or it doesn’t. And she either agrees with my conclusions or she does not.

The irony still being that I “go after” her here because she is clearly one of the most sophisticated thinkers at ILP. And she strikes me as an objectivist in her thinking. More or less in the vicinity of Satyr and Lyssa.

So, if anyone can poke holes in my “grim, glum, ghastly” philosophy, it will be her.

But I still maintain that she is less “pissed off” at me than concerned that I will reconfigure her own moral and political value judgments into a frame of mind more like my own.

I believe this is why karpel tunnel left as well. And other “serious philosophers” here.

Do you really believe that? that that is the reason why most here won’t currently engage with you, or why some have left the ILP building?

Your inquires are non-inquiries, and your responses… disingenuous non-responses, is why. If you cannot see that, then it is you who has the worst condition… of them all.

Shouldn’t you be yakking about something on the poop thread?

No, seriously, I can only believe what I do. Based on over twenty years of experience exchanging thoughts and feelings in philosophy venues. While at the same time acknowledging flat out that mine is no less a subjective reaction rooted in dasein.

Unless of course you or others here are able to offer me a definitive analysis that establishes beyond all doubt whether my suspicions are correct or incorrect.

How about this…

What is your own reaction to the points I raised with Mr. Reasonable on this thread? Given a set of circumstances in which we compare and contrast the accumulation of human knowledge in the either/or world and the accumulation of personal opinions in reacting to that objective knowledge given the staggering consequences embedded in conflicting goods down through the ages.

lol @ concerned

biggie you are a low-rate thinker
don’t delude yourself about that
the reason i don’t want to debate you
is you were disrespectful
of my time and willingness to humor you
and until you show
considerable effort to amend that
i am not wasting any more time
also, please mind that it is you
who harass me daily about it
i could not care less

Ah, the urwrongx approach to discussion and debate:

1] she asserts that something is true
2] asserting it in and of itself makes it true

Again, as I suggested to Magsj above:

In fact let her make it her mission here to expose just how low-rated my thinking is.

You know that she is itching to do so.

And, here’s the thing: I don’t doubt that she might pull it off.

This is the challenge! That she is not Joker and urwrong and Pedro and those of their ilk.

Think about what she is saying here. She claims that I disrespect her time without noting a specific exchange between us that prompted her to conclude that. And she demands that I “amend” that when the only way that can be accomplished is in a substantive exchange such that she can point out instances when I do disrespect her and her time.

And how on earth can she feel harassed by someone who creates posts she does not even read?!

So what would he have to do, for you to start talking to him again?

i legit have no idea what u r talking about so fuck off

Look, you are not even relevant to the thread now. Go buy another sweater.

Mr. Reasonable comes to ILP this evening.
Nine ten new posts.
Nine new lines. And this thing:

Just the sort of in depth posts that those who created ILP were hoping for.

Right?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbShXNMRtCA[/youtube]

i love it that u r following my sweater shopping