Mr Reasonable and iambiguous don't contend

earn ur respect lol ur respect is worth literally nothing

He must spend hours conjuring up these posts. The sheer ingenuity of a mind this clever!

And who among us would dare to disrespect that, right?

Well, some of the fulminating fanatic Kids, perhaps.

Though of course with them, we do battle together!

If, with him, only one line at a time. :sunglasses:

stop being so needy

im legit starting to feel like im picking on a retarded person this is just weird

He must spend hours seconds conjuring up these posts. The sheer ingenuity vapidity of a mind this clever dull!

Actually, this is more in the way of a challenge to him. If he is going to avoid a civil and intelligent exchange as Mr. Reasonable regarding the points raised in the OP, then, as Shit Smears, he can earn my respect as someone able at least to exchange clever barbs back and forth.

Note to phoneutria:

Sneak him a few, okay?

We’ll need an actual context of course.

Trusting someone about what given what situation? Politics working for who given what goals and intentions? Putting your hope in what right place in order to attain and than sustain what policies seeded in order to make what things fine?

Or is everything that she posts basically just tongue in cheek?

Here’s an idea …

Why don’t you NOT take a random quote from another thread and NOT paste it into this thread.

I’ll try to explain my reasoning here. Though I suspect that no reason that I give has a snowball’s chance in hell of sinking down into a Stooge brain so hell bent on “thumping me”.

The reason I did that:

1] yes, I do have a thread devoted to nudging phoneutria into a substantive discussion with me. But that thread has been taken over by the yak yak yakkers and polishyouth. It’s been devoured by those I most want gone from ILP.

2] I had no sooner created this thread when the very first person to post a response was…

3] she has in fact become an integral part of the thread itself. You yourself posted this in response to her:

Then this from her:

I trust that answers your question.

And, if you have any integrity, you might consider apologizing to me. On the other hand, keep them coming. Making a fool out of my Stooges is always entertaining! :laughing:

She asked you to do something.

You didn’t do it.

She doesn’t want to talk to you.

What’s so fucking hard to understand?

Stop stalking her.

i cant imagine how frustrating is must be to be you.

Who is forcing her to talk to me?!!

Stalking her?!

I have noted but a teeny tiny fraction of her 4,100 posts at ILP. And when I create a thread aimed at discussing actual philosophy with someone who is not her and she posts…

she is the one painting the target on her back.

Look, I’m grappling with a way to not think about myself in the world around me from a “glum, grim, and ghastly” frame of mind. So, when I note one of the very few really, really sharp minds still left here who does not appear to construe herself as “fractured and fragmented”, I’m intrigued. I want to explore the extent to which she might actually be able to nudge me in a more constructive direction.

And, as well, being as much a polemicist as she appears to be, I’d like to engage her in the sort of spirited repartee that minds like yours and mr reasonable are simply not capable of.

Me? I’m the one who is challenging you to explore the distinction between human knowledge in the either/or world and human knowledge in the is/ought world. Between rational behavior in the stock market and rational thinking in defending capitalism as a political economy.

On a philosophy board in a philosophy venue.

What frustrates you so much that you can’t even bring yourself to go there?

I have my own suspicions. Which I’ve noted here and elsewhere.

you aren’t challenging anyone.

On the contrary, I am challenging you to defend your point of view from the poop thread. I merely brought it here to the philosophy board given that I construed it to be a substantive assessment on your part.

I took it seriously in other words.

I simply have a different perspective on the nature of human knowledge given the distinction that I make in the OP.

Why you won’t defend your point of view against mine, I can only speculate about. And I suspect it is because, on whatever level, you grasp what is at stake for you in regard to your own sense of self anchored to political convictions that are a lot closer to objectivism than to moral nihilism.

And, again, what interest me about you is what interest me about those like karpel tunnel: the distance between your own more sophisticated convictions and those of fulminating fanatics here. Particularly the right wing variants who embrace Trumpworld. And, with others, fascism for all intents and purposes.

But, with them, I have absolutely no respect at all for their intelligence. I just “interact” with them as entertainment.

And though I am no less “fractured and fragmented” with everyone here, some are clearly more intelligent than others. And, if there is any chance of yanking myself up out of the moral, political and philosophical hole I have dug myself into it is only going to be in exchanges with those I respect intellectually.

tldr

You’re lucky then. It would have embarrassed you all the more.

Next up: Shit Smears insists that I am not making a fool out of him.

Again, as it were. :sunglasses:

i think u r grossly miscalculating my capacity for embarrassment here. i mean, who would i be embarrassed in front of? which member, or members do you feel like i have a sense of needing to impress or uphold some image for?

Note to others:

Which is worse, that he is not embarrassed or that he ought to be and doesn’t even know it!

Yo, Pedro! You’ve been replaced!!! :laughing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aivRUBrY8fo[/youtube]

You’re going to give him a heart attack. :auto-ambulance: