My Religion

I’ve heard that they’re of diminished importance now, but are still active… I know of some who are FMs, and they are what they are.

London is far too diverse, for those from different religions and standings, not to mix… not sure what Outsiders imagine Britain to be like? I guess all you read about is the religious hate going on, but that was due to extremism and enforced-immigration, and not really that rife otherwise… even the other large cities and towns are similar to that, and even smaller ones and villages too.

Another subject entirely for a second, Prussian religiosity was by necessity, like with Sparta, purely military, given its lack of resources other than men. From this religiosity comes a kind of Jesuitism of military intelligence, namely the anticipatory war through diplomacy based on more imminent facts on the ground as had been the case with leisurely warring monarchs of richer nations, as well as an aggressive application of science to achieve technical superiority - they werent men serving an ideal, but they were religious. It is a strange kind of pathos, the Prussians. Almost like a chosen people. Chosen by fate, by the combination of strong men and barren land without natural borders.

For me this Christian world remains foreign, I had my first sense of religion when the name of Zeus was being screeched onto the blackboard. I can still see the grains of chalk swishing coming off the algae-dark green field into the hard morning sun, the fact of light in matter was understood in the violent nonchalance of the teacher who was manic depressive and schizoid, but considered adequate for the job of teacher of ancient Greek, by a generous gods ways.

He taught me! Arnold van Akkeren. A holy man.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled…

but yet the devil is the unwashed, in their eyes - those who cant endure the truth directly.
And that is an order of rank in which they themselves considered themselves novices;
it is a rare occasion for nature to amount in the Ipsissimus.

ENOUGH OF THIS BLOOD

Enough, or too much…

Nope… I asked my peers questions about their different brands of Catholicism, studied Religious Education for years, listened to religious talks from RC Ambassadors for years, visited differing-denominational religious institutions etc. etc. etc.

All you seem to have is your word over mine? If you have no further evidence to offer, I’m done here. Good posts by you and FC on the historical aspects of the matter, and yes… Christmas days are always awesome.

Whatever conflicts Britain may or may not have had, Catholicism remains what it is.

To be true, though, if there is one nation that has almost made a schism within the Catholic church it would have to be Irish monks. Irrevocably Catholic, undeniably unique.

They all still do communion though, and all heed the dictates of the Pope.

'Tis what it is Mags.

That is to say, I don’t need to know much, or anything about England, though I do know some, to know that whatever Catholic churches operate within it are Roman Catholic and answer to the pope.

My evidence is find me one that doesn’t.

It does seem that Nations can’t grow beyond a certain population size or power, before they either divide themselves up through differences, or are conquered by another, ergo… the new Europe and other ancient continents.

Ancient Greek was to us, history, not religion… I guess because we had our own religion to live out and be a productive part of. Why were history (and geography) teachers always odd-balls and/or pervs? but such fantastic subjects to learn about.

It’s called Independent Catholicism… a denominational movement of clergy and laity who self-identify as Catholic, and form micro-churches, claiming apostolic succession and sacraments, depite not being affiliated to any Catholic Church or to Rome.

They are global and many… I don’t know any independent churches personally, but online said that there are 1000s that are, and I know a guy who started a chain of Independent churches… mainly in the SE of England.

Nope… not all Catholic churches are RC, they’re Catholic Independents, and don’t follow RC Mass but hold their own basic version of Catholic Mass, and do not answer to the pope.

Your ignorance of facts, ain’t bliss.

I hope you realize that by separating from the Vatican, they are by definition protestant. That is what protestant means.

Lutherans and Calvinists also called themselves Catholics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church

It’s like if I self identify as Muslim, but I don’t believe in Mecca or Mohamed or Allah.

Words mean things.

_
You need to read more, or read-up on this subject more…

I will leave you to your thread and your ignorance

Maybe it is like a British thing, you all make up whatever and you have these supposed Catholic churches that aren’t actually Catholic.

Hey it’s a free world.

Maybe Jakob is right, it’s a stupid Aristotelian word anyway.

But it means something. Historically, it has meaning.

You call me ignorant, but you cannot know too much history to say some of the things you have said, like that Catholics aren’t Christian (supposedly you were educated in a Catholic school but they never mentioned Jesus?), or that Catholic refers to anything but the religion which has its HQ in the Vatican. Wars were had about this.

I guess your definition of Catholic is “anybody who calls themselves Catholic.”

Until communism got big, that’s not how language worked.

Like I bet if you walked around an Irish Catholic neighbourhood and said you were Catholic and mentioned one of these “independent Catholic” operations, you would get your ass kicked.

Like “far right.”

Until like 5 years ago, far right simply meant Nazi.

Now it’s anybody that doesn’t stick to mainline democrat party dogma.

Anyway, I will leave it at that you didn’t answer any of the points here:

Showing actual ignorance, and not just accused ignorance, on the matter of Catholicism.

And I straight up don’t believe you that you went to a Catholic school. Because I know Catholics, they would have mentioned Jesus at least once, and probably a bunch of times.

_
Lololol… you really don’t know much about the UK, do you.

An RC Irish guy, RC Caribbean-Brit chick, Muslim Indian lady, a CoE Viscount, a Muslim Indian-Brit Guy, two young Brit males, and a few other assorted ethno/religio people, all meet in a pub.

What are they?