My Religion

Lol I don’t know Cockney scum?

I’m joking obviously.

From the reference to the RC Caribbean-Brit chick, I assume they are your friends / work team.

But hopefully chess club.

This answer also occurred to me which I am sure is wrong but would be very funny:

An IRA meeting.

More possibilities:

The local KKK

An Independent Catholic mass

The owners of the pub

The Queen’s personal guard

A ballsy AA meeting

The Comittee To Simplify Ethno/Religious Denominations

A single person that identifies as an RC Irish guy, RC Caribbean-Brit chick, Muslim Indian lady, a CoE Viscount, a Muslim Indian-Brit Guy, two young Brit males, and a few other assorted ethno/religio people

A goldfish having a bad trip

A Scandinavian black metal band

Just a group of lost souls drowning their sorrows in stuffy English beer hoping for a chance moment of fleeting human contact to break the monotony of their dreary meaningless routines

The Bank of England

A BBC documentary on the health benefits of asparagus

Constantinople

Brunch

A dentist cleverly telling a bunch of people that his waiting room is being renovated and to wait there instead

It’s probably the descendants, from the Norman Conquest of England (whom were French-Norman and RC), so maybe they think it their birthright to be Catholic, so became independently so.

Sure, RC is Christian… we just don’t harp on about it, and the three main characters in the starring roles that RC revolves around are Jesus, Mary, and Joseph… as well as the 12 Disciplines, 3 Kings, et al. The Nativity Plays put on, also have a starring role, to play.

Lol… Caribbean-Brits and the Irish have always gotten on… from school days, dating, marriage etc. Doubt they’d bat an eyelid if I mentioned that lol.

It’s not that. I read up on it, it’s people that used to be Catholic but want to be able to be a priest and gay or a priest and a woman or a priest and transsexual. This didn’t exist before the 60’s I guarantee it.

OK fine but what you were saying before was that Catholics are not Christians and that they are two distinct groups.

I think what they would take offense at is not your ancestry but your made-up-ass church that is an offense to their actual church.

Lol even the wikipedia article is like “most of these ‘churches’ are scams.”

They are Christian not Catholic, but were Catholics… until they went their separate ways, and parted with the Vatican due to differences… I know a Lutheran or two. ; )

What reason would I have to say I have? Why would I make that up?

Do you not think I have better things to do?

List of independent Catholic denominations: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_i … ominations

This is a list of independent Catholic denominations which identify themselves as being within Old Catholicism or other independent Catholic traditions originating in Europe having split from the Catholic Church in the 1870s, which was originally ultrajectine in doctrine.

I said that not all Catholics are Roman Catholics, and they aren’t.

All the local Irish families sent their children to that church and adjoining school.

What does it mean to be Irish Catholic?
Irish Catholics are those who are both Roman Catholic and Irish. This is not a separate creed or sect in the sense that “Anglo-Catholic”, “Old Catholic”, “Eastern Orthodox Catholic” might be. There is no Autonomous Particular Church/Rite, such as Greek Catholic or Chaldean Catholic.

Lololol

…the RC Caribbean-Brit chick is obviously me, the rest are all local Conservatives who are like one big happy family, and yet as diverse a mix as you can get.

Not everyone is brought up to discriminate or see prejudice in everything, and us types obviously congregate together, to immerse ourselves in our combined untainted existence.

Well you obviously have, because you keep bringing it up. But that’s your problem, not mine.

This is not honest. Some weird fucking Germans? That’s not even Catholic, that’s like neo-Lutheran.

You just said, by the way, that since Luther and Calvin split from the Vatican, they no longer were Catholic. So these “alternate Catholic denominations” you quote…? Both Luther and Calvin maintained the Catholic label until well after they had been excommunicated.

Which church, I’m actually curious now.

Yeah, like I have been saying, it only means a Catholic, aka Roman Catholic, from Ireland. There is however an extremely rich tradition in Irish Catholicism, dating back to the days when Catholicism wasn’t even as big as it became. Very far back. But yes, still incontrovertibly, Pope subservient, Vatican affiliated, Roman Catholics.

I can go back and get the quote if you want. You clearly and explicitly said that Catholics were not Christians.

In distinguishing the differing factions of Catholicism, I am discriminating and prejudiced? Apparently, the Independent Churches have an equally rich array of diverse sects too.

What an open discussion on religion, this is.

It’s called history, Pedro… don’t accept it, if it’s too much for you to bear…

I’d rather not disclose that…

I know… all Irish Catholics, are Roman Catholic.

I don’t think that many RCs can relate with Christianity, but that is our problem, not yours…

Alright you asked for it. But not yet I got morning things to do.

And later,

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 0#p2789521

You got me all confused going in circles. At this alleged Catholic school you went to, did they mention Jesus or not?

And were you aware that Roman Catholicism exists, in fact mostly exists, outside of England?

You almost got me there with that edit… I mean I don’t think you’re evil for it or anything but you could have made a new post so that I noticed the addition and omition.

That’s my perspective, yes.

Care to put a relevant counter-argument forward?

Not until you start answering some of my questions.

…alleged Catholic school? Why the doubt/what gives… do tell? Catholics don’t like doubting Thomas’s, but carry on yea.

How old am I / how old are you? Debate proper, or cease! am I pretending my past, and therefore my very existence? I will offer no physical proof, so all you will have is my word. Ready?

Do you think they mentioned Jesus? Who do you think we prayed to? the clue is in one of my last few posts ; )

Roman Catholicism… the clue is in the name, as to whether I am aware that Roman Catholicism exists outside of England. I’ve already mentioned the historical aspect that brought RC to Britain, so why are you inquiring on that further?

Don’t worry… it has no bearing on the overall conversation.

I have been… let’s continue.