Need Help in Philosophy Class

Hello everyone!!!

I am in college and I am taking a philosophy class online. I need help. I was wondering if I could come here from time to time to discuss my topics. I hope you all don’t mind helping me.

Thanks,

Amiee

fine by me, can’t speak for everyone else :slight_smile:

this is generally a bad place to ask questions for philosophy classes as one of the founding rules is “Don’t ask for Help in a philosophy class”. However, I’d be glad to help, when I can, if you PM me.

amie,
you could also try being clever about it and actually try to start an interesting and intelligent conversation on a topic related to your course and see how it develops…you may be able to draw help from that…if not, atleast you will be much more well versed in the different types of argument that can be brought up on the topic, you may find that much of what the students have to say will also be said here…you may have the upper hand by having thought about answers to such critiques.

What’s your take?

the answer is “C”

-Imp

It depends.

How much money have you got?!

Hi amie,

Welcome to the forums! The general rule is that we are not here to do your homework for you. However, we are definitely ready to discuss ideas and concepts which have come up during your class which you would like to bounce off others, which is what I think you were asking. In which case you are very welcome and I look forward to your contribution to ILP.

To the rest of you…be nice!

• ben

…try asking Rafa that. :wink:

you are in a bad way if it comes to using this as your college help.
especially hermes’ help.

Thanks everyone. I got a bachelor degree in accounting and I never had to take philosophy before now I am trying to get a masters in education and my advisor said that I had to take this class. I am taking the class online because I work full time. Look for my topics. Thanks again.

Monooq,

Get past it, kid.

[size=200]OMG LOL I CANT BELEEV THIS SITE IS CALLED I LOVE PHILOSOPHY…IT DONT HAVE ANY PHILOSOPHY IN IT…LOL…WTF U STUPUD PPL TALKIN BOUT…PHILOSOPHY DONT EXIST…AND U DONT KNO GERMAN OR GREEK EITHER…OMG…LOL…U DNT KNO SHIT!!! LOL [/size]

Ben, have you caught a virus of some type?

Aimee, I think it’s very cool that your education curriculum requires philosophy. Where are you getting your degree?

Never expected a post like that from Ben.

This ‘ben’ is still obviously human. But maybe he ought to set some kind of respectable standard for others to follow.

:astonished: The mind boggles!

It’s called sarcasm. And humour. Do not really see why that was confused.

As for whitelotus…not to jump on you or anything, but what is your idea on what real philosophy is? Just kind of curious since your take seems to differ from most people’s, both posters and well…past philosophers.

Oh and welcome amiee3377. :smiley:

Reads back in English to; Yet we do not see our death, our ash, and this deceives us and makes believe us that we ourselves are the light and the life

Obviously you have mudled ‘believe’ and 'us, should they not be the other way around? :wink:

Now, everyone who has been reading whitelotus, keep in mind that you will have to read Plato in the original Greek, and even then you might not read it correctly.

Did u not notice that what i wrote is the English translation for your signiture? Surely you would have noticed?