Optimism or pesimism

I am optimist.
What do you think why are pessimists pessimist?
My opinion is that they had no protection from “bad world” when they were children…
What is your opinion…

I think people might be pessimistic not just from thier childhoods but maybe because of things that happen in thier adult lives as well. There’s a whole thread on pessimism somewhere. You should check it out.

I’m pessimistic of your optimism.

People who read too much Schopenhauer are pessimists.[/u]

I think pessimists are the most honest with nihilists being the most practical.

Nihilists are not pessimists. Pessimists - in both the Schopenhauerian and ‘common’ sense - are mere heralds of cultural nihilism: they are too weak in themselves to put their shoulders to the proverbial plow.

I know of the differences and standings of both parties.

I was merely stating an opinion of mine.

Three people look into a tunnel
The pessimist sees a dark tunnel
The optimist sees light at the end of the tunnel
The realist sees a train coming towards them
The driver sees 3 idiots arguing about what they’re seeing.

Lol

The first three are philosophers. The driver is a worker, a doer, a practical man.

In my utopia, philosophers would be banned along with ‘artists’.
If you can’t drive a train or a nail then we have no need for your useless fluff.

PS: Having lived in several communities, I can tell you, they are the beginning of the end in any community. :angry:

A family.

There is a family with two kids.

One mid is an optimist and another kid is a pessimist.

It’ Christmas.

The pessimist kid unwraps his present and he says to his parents :

"This electric train sucks cause it will break down , look at the lousy tracks. It’s also an old model, Santa should have bought me the latest version not this outmoded hand me down . Or the video game that I would really have preferred.

The optimist kid says to his parents, when finding only excrement below the tree :

Oh mom, dad, thanks for the gift, for I know the pony is just outside!"

(Which wasn’t the case , because Sammy the pooch just barfed up his dinner, and the optimistic kid failed to hear the parents’ saying;

" But honey, the train set is for both of you to share"

A pessimist is probably not the most honest since they generally see things with very dark colored glasses which do not allow for much light to come in.

A realist might be the most practical. The nihilist may forget and throw the baby out with the bathwater… getting rid of what is important along with that which is not necessary.