Orgy of the Will

Orgy of the Will is the upcoming philosophical book by Alex Kierkegaard.

The book is supposed to “draw the ultimate conclusions of philosophy” and is the continuation of the work of Nietzsche and Baudrillard.

If you want to get a glimpse of what’s going to be in the book, there is a live blog on his website where he posts his notes.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and read upwards.
orgyofthewill.net

Here’s a bit of it:

This book will never be published.
Your quote contains a massive contradiction in the first paragraph and does not define what is meant by “dumb”, which is a word that no serious writer would use in this context in a book that wants people to read it.

The rest sounds like the childish rantings of an adolescent Breivik wank-fan worship club member.

Here’s your HERO, would you like some Kleenex?

He looks like he is about to squeeze one out - or is he about to blub?

Lev, post according to forum rules or you will be warned.

I’ve not followed the link, but I’d be disappointed if I’d paid for a book promising to follow Nietzsche and Baudrillard and got those quotes.

I think the only valid response to a racist is humour.
But thanks for the warning of a warning.

Nietzsche and Baudrillard on the same page?
I have to tell you, I did follow the link and you would be right to expect to be disappointed, as I was but I was not surprised.

It’s all a bit undigested as you might expect.

What’s wrong with the quotes?

It sounds more like a general brainwashing people into hating their enemy than a philosopher. Might not be bad if it’s just an exposition of the guy’s opinions on how people ought to act or what constitutes art, but it doesn’t really talk about anything particularly philosophical. It just seems like a writer employing a rhetorical tone in order to persuade people to act one way or another.

First, what’s wrong?

Line One:

The words “upcoming book” would imply a completion and a publication which, given the quality of the writing, do not seem likely.
The idea that the “book” is philosophical also seems rather hopeful as Mr. R. has pointed out seems not to have any philosophy in the quotes.
Then we might ask who is this “Alex Kierkergaard”? Is he the same “smartest bloke”, in this link? thatsaterribleidea.com/2010/ … -room.html
His facebook page is odd for a person claiming to be an “AUTHOR”, having no publications and a mere 13 “likes”
facebook.com/AlexKierkegaard?ref=stream
Sadly he seems to have no friends, and no replies to his litany of polemic which mirrors the style of the quotes offered here.
I think we might expect a person claiming to be an author with any prospect of completing a book for publication to have a better public profile.
That his traffic with others is minimal is not surprising, that fact of the style of writing is unfortunate.

This style is exactly what is wrong with the quotes, as I pointed out before:

It seems to me that the moderator who reminded me of the rules of the Forum, for this comment has guessed exactly who is the author; who is ALex Kierkergaard. As it is more acceptable to insult a person not on the Forum, the moderator guessed your ruse. Alex Kiekergaard in none other than our friend Magnus.

Magnus if you really want to know in detail what is wrong with your writing, then you would have to fess up to being Alex K.

I’ve tried explaining the difference between an opinion piece and a philosophical inquiry to lots of people. A lot of them don’t understand it. There’s a difference between methodologically analyzing something that’s in front of you vs dressing up opinions and points of view in a poetic fashion in an attempt to persuade people to some social or political view. It doesn’t matter if you quote 10 philosophers if you’re not doing philosophy when you’re doing it.

Sure, why not.

I confess: I am Alex Kierkegaard.

Now, can you tell me what’s wrong with his writing?

So far, all of your criticisms were directed at his style. But philosophy isn’t about style, isn’t it? It’s about truth.

I must correct you here. He has already published two books (Videogame Culture I and On the Genealogy of “Art Games”) and has two waiting to be published (Videogame Culture II and Videogame Art) and a couple waiting to be completed (Understanding the Antichrist and Understanding the Exterminating Angel.) So it seems pretty likely that he will finish all of them.

Philosophy is very much about style. If you’re conducting an inquiry, according to some method, then you might be doing philosophy. If you’re writing a piece that simply articulates your opinion as to what’s good or bad, then you’re just doing a sales pitch.

Why use Kierkegaard’s name?

I think you’re confusing philosophy with rhetoric and/or philosophical labor.

Note this:

I think you’ve got it backward. The goal of philosophy is to understand, and to understand you need to employ a systematic method by which you label the objects you’re dealing with. What you seem to be doing is promoting some ideal, rather than show how you’ve employed some method to reach your conclusions. Citing authorities is a big mistake. You might as well be saying, “because god said so”. When you start off your writing by distinguishing between what’s good and bad in a social context, or for society or whatever, you’re not doing philosophy…you’re doing politics. That’s fine. There’s nothing wrong with preaching about how people need to be the way you want them to be so the world will be the way you want it, but it’s just not philosophy.

Philosophy: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critique_of_Pure_Reason

Not philosophy: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged

I mean even in your Nietzsche quote he says shit about “knowing”. But to understand epistemology correctly, what you can know shouldn’t dictate your social opinion. It should only dictate the form by which you understand the things that are given to you empirically. You can’t say, “I know these kinds of people are bad”. I mean…you can, but then it’s not philosophy anymore.

Well, it seems to me that you’re claiming that Nietzsche, Baudrillard and Heraclitus aren’t philosophers, which is strange.

Look man, I’m not trying to hurt your feelings here but there’s a difference between a paper that promotes a political view and one that inquires about reality. It is what it is.

Besides that, me telling you that your work here is politics and not philosophy doesn’t mean what you say. I haven’t said anything about those philosophers.

What makes you so confident in lumping yourself in with those guys?

What makes you think that Alex Kierkegaard hasn’t done inquiry about reality?
(EDIT: You have edited your post. You have said that you think the philosophers that I’ve mentioned have done some sort of inquiry about reality.)

As I’ve already said, there are only two things that matter here: opinions and reasons behind these opinions. Both are present in Alex’s work.

I started this topic in order to discuss his opinions not his style.