Pedro's Corner (Part 1)

Went to fetch water from the creek.

It was heartbreakingly beautiful, all flanked by snow.

There is an unintentional genius to the Wachowski’s

What is real? Is it what you can see, what you can touch, what you can feel? If so, real is nothing but a series of electrical impulses interpreted by your brain.

Which makes sense, because they did read a lot of Baudrillard in preparation.

But you can do like the phenomenologists and go completely the other way: appearance is real, and only appearance is real, and everything that appears is, as it appears, real. But they get lost in the hole of that this is obviously not satisfactory. A trap that had been easily avoided by philosophers up to the point in which academicism “took control” of philosophy and people without the actual aptitude blundered into all the old ravines.

It is clear, though, that real is not defined by what can be touched. This is always already mediated by interpretation, which is the whole thing that makes people so angry about quantic physics. They simply accepted that substance will never be found. Of course, how can it, substance is by definition already an interpretation.

So. What is the criteria by which real is to be delimited? Maybe ask yourself what way you were when you were a child, when real and obvious were still synonymous. What was it that you saw, that you smelled.

The answer is of course not to try to avoid all interpretation, which is nonsensical. It is the opposite: to embrace interpretation. To take it seriously.

My question is…

“Did they think like that before science reduced us to the chemical/biological/mechanical?”

Yes… children know reality and what it is, better than 99% of adults can ever do. Insane!

I think what has been lost, more than any particular paradigm, is discipline.

When you hear the original Norwegian Black Metal dudes talking about “oh it’s meant to be listened to in a winter forest,” blablabla, and you think "they are just angsty artists trying to sound cool and give their art ambiance.

But then you play A Blaze In The Northern Sky in a tent in a wood surrounded by tens of miles of snowed pine, and you go “ah fuck it’s true.”

I have played all sorts of musics. Some clash with the forest, some don’t mind it. Only black metal has actually enhanced and been enhanced by it. Like it belongs.

Coltrane, for example, enhances everything and is enhanced by everything. But not particularly more in a forest than any other setting.

I hope you all had a great eclipse. This was my eclipse observation station.

I had many good ideas, one was this.

1 Like

I don’t see the Milky Way. But this far north, something interesting happens.

There is a kind of milky dome, with the sky blackest directly upwards and getting whiter as you look down in all directions. Presumably because of the angle of the erf to the Sun.

When one sees this sky, one feels the pull of Sidereal astrology. The stars are right there, the constellations right there. It’s interesting, nontheless, to superimpose the Tropical corrected sign on the existing constellations.

So beautiful.

I don’t believe I had seen as many shooting stars the whole rest of my life as I have these last two weeks.

Just saw another one.

I don’t even make wishes on em any more.

@Ichthus77 I see you liking the pictures. Here’s another one for you:

The only thing I ask in return is that you post something so that I can keep posting myself.

“PZR is an asshole,” somebody can just post that.

Hi me, I’m also me, I figured out a way to retrieve my original account. This new software is definitely better than the old one.

I will post here from time to time, to break the 5 post limit and allow you to keep writing. I hope moderation doesn’t find this unacceptable.

Regards,

Looking handsome, old boy.

Here’s you a few years later.

Three days before this, you were surrounded by a foot of snow and 5 degrees celcius below freezing. Canada is Great.

I’m not going to lie, there is nothing fun about quitting tobacco. However, it’s day 2, and so far it has been considerably better than I expected.

Probably this is because I have the experience of quitting cigarettes. After that I never went back, I started smoking cigars and a pipe, never inhaling the smoke. The tobacco is much more nicotine heavy, and a pipe is possibly the single most effective nicotine extraction method, but it’s still going into your blood stream diluted and very circuitously compared to in your lungs.

It hurts like a mother. But it’s better.

Let’s be honest here though, let’s be real, it’s completely retarded not to be constantly smoking all the time always.

It’s hard, basically impossible.

But.

Gun to my head.

Transilvanian Hunger.

The fucking beauty of where I’m standing from is retarded.

Also check out this spwidear.

I’ve accidentally killed a bunch of them already.

Yo that tree stole my finder.

Princess will be fine she’ll just need some rednecking.

Why am I ripping into the nazis more than usual?

After all, they are just animals. Nothing I say to them can ever be worse or more degrading than what they already say to themselves.

Very important mission tomorrow. Nervous.

What nicotine provides:

When Ichthus had suggested, as only a person that never smoked could, that smoking gives joy, I sat there thinking: what words would one use?

Freud was wrong in saying that masturbation is the original compulsion. The original compulsion is eating. What cigarettes give is the feeling of satisfaction that eating gives, and in general. That’s why it takes away hunger.

Given its use for enough time, it is like one becomes very fat, very used to a satisfaction (physical satisfaction) feeling that has no energetic cost. At the same time, this feeling is divorced from actual functions and cycles. The whole balance, the whole economy, shifts with time.