Pedro's Corner

i thought beans were the thing down there. i thought rice was chinese.

not sure i’m even gonna argue against this one. i have never claimed not to be a barbarian

Go eat some fried chicken, bitch.

Actually, I love fried chicken too.

But I make it like the Italians make it.

When I make fried chicken, it’s not called fried chicken. It’s called millanaise.

I wanna go see the whales again. Fuck that was a beautiful trip.

So I started watching this Icelandic movie and it had everything I love in a movie: beautifully composed, fresh frames, huge, open, untamed spaces, a drop dead gorgeous female lead who gets most of the screen time, long, perfectly mastered sequences of machinery being operated with no dialogue, animals being themselves, Icelandic dialogue. It was basically the non-plus-ultra. But then the thing happened that is basically the bane of my generation: they had all this beautiful mastery but they didn’t really have anywhere interesting to go with the plot, they didn’t know where to go with all these images. I mean I think ideally someone picks up a gun and goes somewhere, as long as you maintain tempo discipline you basically can’t go wrong. But they started this whole creepy thing with no actual point to it, some kind of middle class dispair theme, and I had to turn it off.

Like because for them aesthetic mastery is so easy, they think they have nothing and they have to overcompensate, and the way they try to do this is by seeking the proverbial mind fuck. But they ain’t Cronenberg, you know what I’m saying? That takes a discipline and a mastery all its own which takes decades of dedication.

What’s wrong with someone picking up a gun and going somewhere?

These people need to watch Sergio Leone movies.

It has to be understood about Kierkegaard that, already at the time that he wrote, humanity had gotten so soft, things had gotten so good, that making remarks about being a cast-away in a storm and existential dread held some shock value.

_
I’ve found that to be the case, with Nordic films and shows…

…as soon as I realise that the storyline is going nowhere, fast, all interest in it is lost. I think it a shame, because up until that point the potential for it to be really good was pretty high.

i could use another one of those “free cruise” things and it’d be 248 bucks to go for 14 days from LA to Alaska in April. would probably see some whales. i’d have to stay on the boat at the stop in victoria because i don’t think canada will let me in right now

and would need a flight to la but that’s easy and i think i have a bunch of expedia points i could use

it’s not proper fried chicken unless it’s on the bone and cooked completely submerged in oil. this is alabama fried chicken is a serious matter here

So to answer your question about sleep it’s a constantly rotating thing. Currently I am waking up about an hour before daybreak, and I go watch the sun rise.

look at ccl its moving lol free money

Is it too late to go back to base 60?

I’m proud of you, boy. Don’t sell that until it hits at least 20. And set a stop loss at your buying price because I’m pretty sure any scenario where you didn’t outright buy a bottom is a scenario where Carnivale as we know it doesn’t make it to next summer.

Which in a sense is wildly optimistic because apparently what they’ve been doing is issuing a bunch of new shares to cover their immediate obligations, to the point where they have dilluted their shares by something crazy like 85%.

But on the other hand there is a reason new issues are made and people buy them. Maybe getting back to 40 or 60 where it used to be is improbable at this point, but the 100+% new high in some weird mathematical real terms that 20 would represent is not crazy in a scenario where they beat their debts and transition to a post-lockdown world, if such a world will actually ever fully materialize.

I live in a kind of inner city suburb, close to downtown but cut off from the city by a series of railroad tracks and canals, which is basically a working class neighbourhood. Mostly immigrants, Slavic, African, Arab, Chinese. Also a lot of local working class pensioners. People with families that generally keep their nose to the ground. Most quiet place I have ever lived in, not a peep during the night except on the very rare occation where one of the locals or some stray South American throws a party.

So when I went walking by the canal yesterday and some bum came up to me (riding a bicycle no less lol, fucking Canada) asking for change, you can imagine my shock.

The recession cometh, gentlemen.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_WXnHytJA[/youtube]

I get it now.

Goddamnit son Jesus Christ they don’t play music like this anymore.

Get up to this shit and see if you don’t start doing that excorcism zombie shit.

New Orleans in the 50’s musta been some fucking shit.