Pedro's Corner

we all think it’s gonna bottom out in the near to mid term. holding cash and waiting.

Lol.

i think the real estate market is whats really interesting at the moment. what’s gonna happen when these mortgage rates hit 8 or 9 percent?

By the way, the 08 crash was also due to communist distortions, because you wanted to make housing “affordable.”

The only reason you want to play it off this time is that our side has been able to make it unambiguously clear what caused this massive crash.

Goddamnit I’m a fucking genius.

should i buy a house in birmingham that’s 2 or 3 blocks from a new stadium, down the street from multiple new developments that are in planning, for like 100k even though at the moment it’s in the hood, and then wait for the gentrifiers to do their work?

I love these news clippings citing “fears of recession” as possible causes for this second wave collapse.

You mean the actual occuring recession that has already been happening for months?

Lol.

100k?

If you don’t do it you’re an asshole.

What you grew up in a crazy neighbourhood and sold a bunch of drugs and spent a bunch of time with criminals to be scared of living in the hood where you won’t even spend most of your time?

Shit.

You could even become a man finally and develop it like that fine woman you talk so much shit about. Become a slumlord. Provide a service.

Put yourself in a position where you have the right to have an opinion on how that fine woman ran her business. Be all humanitarian about it and shit, whatever the fuck that means. Buy it and give it away to the gvt for public housing. Sky’s the limit boy.

Does it have any gay nighclubs nearby?

I live in a place that isn’t a hood, but is a very low rent immigrant neighbourhood. Condo projects are already going up here and there, of course those will all have to be put on hold now.

The chinaman that owns this building I am in, I guess one of your evil capitalist slumlords straight out of a Dickens book or something, dragged his ass here and washed dishes for years until he was basically running the restaurant, saving money and shit and started buying little things here, little things there. Now he’s a full fledged slumlord who uses triads to make sure things run smoothley, has a little surveillance busines, and is basically in line to become frankly a millionaire with the whole condo craze that is sure to hit here within the next few decades. Rich people need a place to live. All he has to do is hold out until he becomes a serious annoyance to the developers (he’s got money, he’s fine) and then sell at a super high fucking price.

He hates communists. But you know better, you went to co-llege.

It’s ironic because, even though he would stand to make a lot of money, I think deep down he wouldn’t like it. He’s got a whole ecosystem going, a bunch of pieces that move together flawlessly. I am sure there’s a satisfaction in that that goes beyond profit.

Another point, you can be guaranteed that he did not do it with all dishwashing money, or highly regulated banks. He most definitely got some triad financing along the way. And the triads most definitely made good money on it.

On The Mountain
by Pedro Rengel

The night is stark
It envelops me
And the cool fresh air
Sharpens the puncture of the stars
I enjoy seeing my breath
And I can feel the Earth’s globeness under my back
Everybody on it is mine
Praying with me
To the galactic immortal
It is a moment that is fated to die
The melancholy of it
Increases my joy
I wish I could cry
But I am too busy
Rotating

_
…the same mountain as Meno_ :-s

Hey Pedro… :greetings-waveyellow:

I won’t be staying this time. I had an impulse of all days yesterday to come and post some poems. And then I knew I shouldn’t post anything but I posted anyway.

Venus entering Sagittarius maybe. Opposite Mars in Gemini. The heart leaps and then remembers itself. But Sagittarius is Sagittarus, can’t help throwing an arrow.

Life is beautiful, though, Mags, isn’t it?

I’ll see you all later.

are you excited about trumps announcement?

“Life is beautiful, though, Mags, isn’t it?”

Yes… but it has its challenges, for all of us… many of them unnecessary, but hey! shrugs

hey pedro the republicans got the house so they’re gonna do the hunter biden laptop bit how exciting

What does winning the House mean, in US-geo/political terms?

Dems/Senate, Reps/House = ?

doesn’t mean much. it meant more before trumps term. back in the day they could do oversight of all sorts of things and had subpoena power. during the trump admin he directed basically the entire executive branch to stonewall all investigations and ignore all subpoenas from the house committees and for the most part he got away with it. so in setting that precedent, it’ll be interesting to see if now that the republicans have the majority in the house, whether they think they have subpoena power over the executive branch. they certainly didn’t think trump or anyone in his admin had to show up and testify. so that’ll be fun to watch. they can pass a bill but it isn’t law until it passes the senate then gets signed by a president. the perception right now is that the house is the impotent side of congress.

Getting rid of the January 6th committee “doesn’t mean much”?

Cope more?