Personal Responsibility and Democrats

do democrats have responsibility?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

What is the reasoning behind the republicans mindset that democrats do not have responsibility? Is it true? Is it not fair?

democRats think the government should be responsible and control how everyone lives their lives. republicans think the government should be as little as possible.

-Imp

Democrats have a tax and spend policy which runs contrary to the American dream of free enterprise.

“Republicans think every day is the 4th of July. Democrats think every day is April 15th.” :laughing:

If that is indeed the case, could you explain why more Republicans are for drug prohibition and for continuing the Drug war than Democrats? And could you explain the Republican’s belief, or lack-thereof, on the seperation of church and state?

As for the poll–I voted “no”, because the Democrats don’t–but then again, neither do the Republicans.

If that is indeed the case, could you explain why more Republicans are for drug prohibition and for continuing the Drug war than Democrats? And could you explain the Republican’s belief, or lack-thereof, on the seperation of church and state?

i agree with that, however, what i ment was responsibility as in , for example,a democrat who is poor and says its all the government’s fault. Could this be true, or is this person just not being responsible? Really, what i am trying to get at is, is the mindset of “if you try hard enough you can do what ever you want” true?

1. because of the actions of people under the influence…

2. not all republicans believe in mixing church and state… but if you wish to live in a nation where only devout athiests have the vote, move to the soviet union… but even there they had religious people fouling things up…

but yes, seperate church and state completely…

any governmental agency that could be considered a church charity should immediately be destroyed… welfare? charity program- seperate that church nonsense from the state NOW…

-Imp

P.J. O’rourke observed that Republicans say that big government doesn’t work, go out and get themselves elected, and then prove it. :laughing:

JT

I love it when people spout the “republicans are for less gov’t” line. In addition to the other points mentioned contradicting that myth, look at all the republican CEOs/CFOs etc. who use their gov’t connections to get corporate tax breaks, corporate welfare, “legalized ethical breaches,” etc. etc.

Yeah, Democrats never do stuff like that. :unamused:

But when do people blindly warble the “democrats are for smaller gov’t” li(n)e?