PETITION: SAVE DANCING BANANA!

We must all now come together, whites and blacks, liberals and conservatives, gays and straights, utilitarians and deontologists, existentialists and metaphysicists, umm star wars fans and star trek fans, whatever divides us must be put aside now for this most important issue and battle of our time: WE MUST SAVE DANCING BANANA!!!

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Look at that little guy, he has been around here forever. He is the cornerstone of ILP! Where else have you seen such a dancing banana, what other forums or social media or anywhere else you can write and explore philosophy while also emoji’ing (yes I verb’ed that) the unique wonders of the banana that dances! No where, that is where.

Carleas has proposed to eliminate this essential, important and INNOCENT member of our community. WE DEMAND ACTION! WE DEMAND HE BE ALLOWED TO STAY AT ANY COST!

So Carleas will you please record him somehow and re-upload him into the new system. It doesn’t matter how you do it, but you can do it. In this age of computerified magical wizardries and untold digital wonders you can’t tell me there is no way to bring our beloved friend along with us in our migratory journey. He wants to come, he must come. He is a part of us, he is one of us. He is us, each and every one of us. The soul and beating heart in every dedicated ILP user: :banana-dance:

And this is what separates us apart, what makes ILP truly great. Why it can never fail. Do you want to simply abandon that? Of course not!

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

WE PROPOSE AND DEMAND AND INSIST AND ENCOURAGE AND APPLAUD CARLEAS TO MAKE THE EXTRA EFFORT OF NOT ABANDONING OUR COLLEAGUE AND FRIEND, WHO OVER THE YEARS AND DECADES HAS GIVEN US SO VERY MUCH YET ASKED SO VERY LITTLE OF US IN RETURN.

HE NEEDS US NOW, DON’T LET HIM DOWN! THIS IS A STRUGGLE FOR THE VERY SOUL OF ILP. MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT.

Signed,
everyone at ILP (I took it upon myself to speak for the group)

back in the day, they wanted zero emoticons

nowadays… I don’t even care either way

unless it’s banana pudding w Nilla wafers

then I absolutely do care

Dancing Banana loves nilla wafers. Just look at him!

:banana-linedance: :banana-rock: :banana-explosion:

SAVE HIM!

Sure thing. He’d go quite nicely with some wafers.

_
More modern sites usually allow for off-site emoji and gif etc. embedment… I hope that is the case, with Discourse. [-o<

Smilies work very differently on the new software. On phpBB they are image files that get embedded in a post by replacing certain strings. On Discourse, they’re emojis, i.e. unicode characters – think of text whose display is determined by a font.

I will look into saving him, but it is a low priority.

I know gifs and images are easy to embed. I’m not sure about custom emojis, but it has a set of standard emojis equivalent to what you’d find on your phone.

I don’t use emojis. I think they’re rude.

On my iPhone every word I type has the option of emojis.

I reject them. From my perspective with those who use them, it’s an artistic expression of them.

The only thing you’ll see me do is this :slight_smile:. In TEXT not an emoji!!

To get around this problem …. I have to do this :slight_smile:

What the fuck?!?!?!?!

I can’t even use that one?!?!?!

Let me try this…

;…)

Ok…

So I found a way to do this. I never use the wink eye, I find it rude …

The is how to get around emojis for a smile.

:.)

Let me try this one….

=)

It worked!!!

as the ‘‘liberal’’ in this group… I too demand that the dancing banana
is not only saved, but made into our ILP symbol… if you think of ILP,
you automatically think of the dancing banana…
or visa versa…

Kropotkin

I think of Biggy, actually. Not all of ILP.