Philosophy ILP style

I just explained it to you! That IS my quote! DEAL with what I just pointed out — that you forgot to factor in length contraction into your idiotic diatribe against SR!

Light takes 42 years to travel the round trip distance. It’s got nothing to do with Earth. Light traveled in space for 42 years to make the journey.

You took 6 years, according to your clock.

42/6=7c

You are claiming to travel 7 times faster than light.

I am claiming you are FOS because your clock is FOS!

Light years are not contracted. Saying a distance of 42 light years means light takes 42 years to travel the distance. There is no length contraction about it.

You are phyllo’s sockpuppet! I’m pretty sure there are no sockpuppets allowed on this forum.

Yes, FROM THE REST FRAME OF EARTH, AND NOT FROM THE BLOODY SHIP FRAME!

You effing idiot, get an education!

From the above:

The distance light travels is 42 light years. That distance is measured in meter sticks. Meter sticks are exactly 1 meter.

What are you trying to say, that it’s a different amount of meter sticks when you are on the ship? That light suddenly changes how many meter sticks it travels the journey because your clock f’d up?

Your BS is so f’n deep I need f’n waders!

It comes from the fact that the sweep hand on my clock is moving faster than the sweep hand on your clock.

Remember that we defined the word “second” to mean “the time it takes a sweep hand to move 6 degrees”. That means that the amount of time it takes for a sweep hand on any clock (including mine) to moves 6 degrees is by definition equal to 1 second. It doesn’t matter how fast the sweep hand is moving. The definition doesn’t care about that. Thus, the fact that the sweep hand on my clock is moving faster than yours is irrelevant. Since the sweep hand on my clock is moving faster than yours, a lot more seconds have passed from MY perspective than YOURS. In fact, my clock is showing that I am 300 years old. Time is relative after all, isn’t it? So who are you tell me that I’m wrong? The bottom line is that the amount of time necessary for a sweep hand to move 6 degrees is not the same everywhere. Thus, when John says “It took me 5 hours” and Mary says “It also took me 5 hours” you can’t really know, based on that information alone, whether they are talking about the same period of time or not.

The ship is NOT traveling 7 times faster than light. The distance is LENGTH CONTRACTED. Time and space are RELATIVE, and not ABSOLUTE. Transit times are ALWAYS subluminal in ALL frames. For light to be a constant c in all frames, DURATIONS and LENGTHS must change. That was Einstein’s central insight.

And this insight has been experimentally proven AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!

JESUS CHRIST, yes meter sticks are shorter. It’s like you’ve never even heard of relativity theory yet presume to critique it! Are you seriously telling me you have never heard of LENGTH CONTRACTION before???

Saying “42 light years” is a distance, like saying 1 meter is a distance. A meter is exactly 1 meter, and 42 light years is exactly 42 light years. Length contraction is some BS in Einstein’s theory that has never been observed, because it’s a Band-Aid to make his theory work keeping the speed of light constant. It’s totally fabricated BS!

Your clock says 6 years to travel the distance of 42 light years. That means your speed was 7c, not .99c.

OH!!! So now it’s not only your clock that f’s up, it’s your meter sticks are shorter too! Laughing my ass off!

How many meter sticks, laid end to end, did you travel in your journey that took you “6 years?”

Seriously, you really have never heard of length contraction before now, have you? What kind of chutzpah does it take to critique and deny a theory that you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT???

It takes someone less time to travel to a distant star, because he has less distance to traverse as distance is judged from earth. Simple! And that is exactly why the twin has aged less and his clock has recorded less elapsed time when he returns to earth and compares clocks with his earthbound twin.

I didn’t say I’ve never heard of length contraction, I said it was fabricated BS of Einstein the Fudger!

If you think length contraction is real, where is your proof?

How many meter sticks laid end to end is 42 light years, when you are on the ship?

I’m not sure if Motor is dragging Pood down the rabbit hole; or is Pood is dragging Motor down the rabbit hole but the whole thread is a demonstration of the idiocy of the ILP style.
Not sure whether I should laugh or dry.

Read the effing link I gave you! Length contraction is not a “fudge,” it, along with time dilation, is a logical consequence of Einstein’s two postulates, both of which have been empirically demonstrated to be correct!

And Einstein’s cosmological constant has NOTHING TO DO with what we are talking about! Moreover, fudge factors can be perfectly appropriate in science, as Einstein’s cosmological constant was.

Distance is not “judged” it is measured with meter sticks. A distance of 10 meters has 10 meter sticks laid end to end between the two points. It is MEASURED.

Going fast past the 10 meter sticks does not change the fact that there is 10 meter sticks laid end to end. You will not change how many sticks are laid end to end, regardless of how fast you are traveling past them. Duh?

Bullshit! It obviously caught you completely off guard!

There is nothing idiotic about what I’m saying. It’s established science. The only idiocy here is from Motor Daddy. Nothing I am saying fits that description.

I clearly showed his 2nd postulate is BS, when measured in my box. Total BS!

Meter sticks are length contracted. The space ship is length contracted from front to back. The human being in the ship is length contracted from front to back. His penis is length contracted. Everything is length contracted, just like everything on board is time dilated.

Read the damned link I gave you, smart guy!