Philosophy ILP style

The only thing more predictable than your paint by number philosophy is your attempt to be…clever? In that respect you’re even less adept than James S. Saint.

And that’s saying something. :laughing:

There’s more to life than entertainment.

That’s beside the point.

References to amount of news coverage is a variation of the ad populum fallacy.

Philosophy, ILP style these days? :sunglasses:

Point 4:

When have I ever said that any answer from any of us can’t be right? Instead, I speculate that in regard to objective morality or to God or to definitive assessments of the Really Big Questions, it does not appear [to me] that the Right Answer has been found by any of us. Unless, of course, someone here can link us to an answer relating to these things that has been accepted by philosophers and scientist and others as the final answer.

Instead, I make that crucial distinction between what someone believes the objective answer applicable to all of us is and their capacity to demonstrate this empirically, existentially relating to morality, God and the big questions.

Point 5:

Here, of course, I can only ask him to note particular instances of this in our own exchanges. Instead, my argument revolves more around the suggestion that in regard to discussions that pertain to conflicting goods like Communism and abortion, both sides are able to note particular contexts that demonstrate their side of the conflict. Thus there are those able to cite examples of the good that Communism brought to their lives, while others are equally able to cite examples of the bad it brought them. Same with abortion. Allowing it is good for some, bad for others.

Now, where is the definitive demonstration [philosophical or otherwise] that establishes once and for all whether Communism and/or abortion are either inherently/necessarily good or bad?

The more vast reality is, the more chances there are of someone coming into existence and then realizing that reality and understanding it.

Not all truth is binary.

Why do you always use the argument that people disagree about something therefor it is not objective.

If ILP was a fashion show…
youtube.com/watch?v=-U1Q3Mbklkk
If ILP were classical music…
youtube.com/watch?v=6KJGJRd8pGE
If ILP were cuisine…
youtube.com/watch?v=bTCQhMMfse0

How many know that they are using fallacies and logic errors?

How many don’t care?

How many are only interested in steamrolling their opponents? “Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing.”

How many fallacies are there?

Logic errors?

Do modern folks know how to be logical?

I’ve been told by science enthusiasts, that common sense observations cannot be applied to logic.

I don’t know since I blindly follow the authorities and I lack pragmatism and logic.

Anybody got an answer for Wendy?

True. You brought it up as if you know so I asked. No doubt there would have been disagreements. :evilfun:

Just not yet, right?

Dan, I suspect you mean well, but there’s just no way I will commit more time to a discussion with you about anything. It’s simply a waste of time for both of us.

Of course that just begs the question: What are you doing here?

Me? Well, over the past few years as ILP has devolved into whatever the hell it is now, I have done my best to keep the discussions at least in the general vicinity of philosophy:

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=197162
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=170060
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=195930
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=196100
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=196110
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=175121
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195600
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=176529
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=185296
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=175006
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=186929
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195614
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195964
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=185296
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=194382

How about you?

Again: Let’s zero in on a particular context revolving around one or another conflicting good, commence a discussion, and, as the fallacies and errors in logic and outrages that I commit unfold, you two can point them out.

Instead we get Philosophy Wendy and Phyllo Style:

But it’s all just for “evil fun”, right Wendy? :evilfun:

'aving a laff mostly!
And occaisonally there are one or two people who know what philosophy is; which is nice, as long as they do not confuse, accusing someone of being one of the 3 Stooges with an actual philosphical argument; or pretending to themselves that saying “note to nature” is a valid response to anything.

Point 6:

First, we’ll need a context of course.

How about someone here noting a philosophical problem that is of particular interest to them.

You, perhaps?

So, in your view, does this problem have an optimal or an only rational resolution? Is it, perhaps, yours?

Okay, let’s hear it.

Me?

Well, I make what I construe to be an important distinction here.

Is it a problem that revolves basically around interactions in the either/or world? A problem where a solution can be either found or not found? And then in fact is or is not found?

Or is it moral conflict? The resolution of which I root in the existential intertwining of identity, value judgments and political economy. Or is it a problem that may well revolve around an either/or resolution, but is so staggeringly vast that [so far] no mere mortal has seemed to arrive at it. For example, why something and not nothing? Why this something and not another something? Is human will free? Is there a definitive answer regarding an understanding of the existence of existence itself?

Note a context then. Preferably one that revolves around one or another conflicting good so as to zoom in on that which is of most interest to me philosophically: how ought one to live?

Or something that interest you instead.

You can note what an “actual philosophical argument” is and I can note [if necessary] what a Stooge is.