Philosophy ILP style

It’s got nothing to do with feeling, it has everything to do with objectivity. The fact remains, light travels 299,792,458 meters in 1 second. The center of the box has moved away from the center of the light sphere, that is a FACT!

You forgot to answer my acceleration question, how far did the object travel in the 10 seconds that it took to increase from 50 m/s to 100 m/s??

You can’t answer that because you have no clue about what you believe, you have FAITH. What you have is a religion, not science.

I am explaining to you that your theory is BUNK, so why do you keep repeating the BS?

Do you agree that 40,000 laps of the Earth around the Sun is one duration of time? Do you agree that both twins acknowledge that the Earth went around the Sun 40,000 times?

You are the one that is clueless. You are simply preaching your religion to an atheist!

Motor Daddy,

You can stop wasting time directing comments at me. I will no longer read what you and Magnus write, since life is too short to waste time on insufferable idiots and/or trolls. You’ve been peddling this nonsense since at least 2008 on science forums where you have been rightly banned.

Note to phyllo:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is note all of the fallacies and mistakes in logic above. I’d do it myself but, unlike you, I’m not qualified.

And tell me pood’s reaction to me doesn’t remind you of karpel tunnel!

A Stooge by any other name? :laughing:

Banned by people like you, that refuse to acknowledge the truth, and instead silence me by banning me.

You don’t have a f’n clue what the truth is, you are simply spreading Einstein’s BS!

You are done responding because you have no response to my questions, they prove you are full of sh!t!

Perfect!!!

Ah the worm finally crawls out from under his rock.
You should call yourself “Legion”.

Is there a definitive relationship between questioning everything - and insulting everyone?

Only in a world full of fools and the faithful.

There you go. You agree that Trump’s age is the same for everyone. In other words, he’s not X number of years old for some people and Y number of years old for other people. He is 75 years old for everyone regardless of 1) their opinion, 2) their position in space, 3) their position in time, 4) the speed at which they are moving, and 5) the rate at which their speed is changing.

And if what I mean by “Trump is 75 years old” is that Trump is a unicorn then that statement is false. But I’m really only concerned with what that statement normally means – or what it means in a specific case – not what it could possibly mean to someone somewhere.

Whether or not people will agree is kind of irrelevant, isn’t it? People disagree on what is true all the time but that doesn’t mean that truth is relative.

The ship would be leaving its current position and moving toward a new one. In other words, the ship would be moving toward the other end of the space. If you were there, occupying that empty space, you’d be able to see it yourself.

To say that an object is moving is to say that the object is changing its position. So as long we have 1) space, and 2) an object occupying that space but not all of it, we can have an object that is moving. These are the minimum requirements. So I don’t agree that more than one object is necessary.

The biggest question is whether you can play beautiful piano on the moon. No. And yes.

Nobody can hear what you’re playing because there are too few molecules for sound to travel.

Whoever said that EMPTY space doesn’t allow travel is correct.

If space is empty, then where are you and where would you go?

Here. There.
:sad-bored:

I’m bored too, phyllo.

Jesus Christ, slow decade huh?

That smiley is misnamed.

I’m not bored. I like that smiley for a lot of reasons. For example, it could represent bouncing ideas off other people.
:sad-bored: :icon-eek:

But you can’t tell if you are moving. So you can’t tell if there is space.
As you say yourself," If you were there, occupying that empty space, you’d be able to see it yourself.". Without that you have nothing, you’d have no evidence. And that is how we can construct, the only way we can construct our view of the universe; through evidence. Motion offers no evidence without a reference.

Motor Daddy,

I am not even going to look up to what I said above. Okay, I can also go along with wisdom being the APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE. We’re calling wisdom “inner intelligence” here right?
Do you think that some of us are born with natural wisdom or is it something which we gain by human experience and apply it - by trial and error - through the knowledge which we have gained? Can wisdom be learned within a vacuum?

Very good way of putting it - an encyclopedia. Hmmm, but is it necessarily a lack of wisdom in this care or a lack of a lazy intelligence?

Well, there are self-help books for that. lol

Has science proven that to be true?

Eggs come from chickens and chickens come from eggs: that’s the basis of this ancient riddle. But eggs – which are just female sex cells – evolved more than a billion years ago, whereas chickens have been around for just 10,000 years. … Taken at face value, there is no doubt that the egg came before the chicken

YOU WIN, Motor Daddy.

If so, why is the question still hanging around? Just a philosophical question to help us to think out of the box?

But that in itself could be interesting - changing the goal posts. Just to see what develops. lol

:happy-smileyflower:

Motor Daddy,

I am not even going to look up to what I said above. Okay, I can also go along with wisdom being the APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE. We’re calling wisdom “inner intelligence” here right?
Do you think that some of us are born with natural wisdom or is it something which we gain by human experience and apply it - by trial and error - through the knowledge which we have gained? Can wisdom be learned within a vacuum?

Very good way of putting it - an encyclopedia. Hmmm, but is it necessarily a lack of wisdom in this care or a lack of a lazy intelligence?

Well, there are self-help books for that. lol

Has science proven that to be true?

If so, why is the question still hanging around? Just a philosophical question to help us to think out of the box?

But that in itself could be interesting - changing the goal posts. Just to see what develops. lol

:happy-smileyflower:

Yes, it’s a known fact that chickens pop out of eggs.

The question is still around because they move the goal posts and ask “Where did the egg come from?”

The question is not where the egg comes from, the question is “Which came first, the chicken or the egg?”

The answer is clear! The chicken came from the egg, so the egg came first! Period!

:mrgreen:

…and here’s the answer to the question “Is the glass half full or half empty?”

0 = Empty
1 = Full

Half of 1 is .5.
Half of 0 is 0

If it was half empty it would mean 1/2 of 0 would be .5. But that is not the case. Half of 0 is 0. So it is clearly NOT half empty!

It is clearly half full, because 1/2 of 1 is .5, which it is!

See?

:mrgreen:

Glass half full

10 Glass=0
20 Glass=Glass+1
30 If Glass =half then print “Glass half full” end
40 Goto 20

Glass Half empty

10 Glass=full
20 Glass=Glass-1
30 If Glass =half then print “Glass half empty” end
40 Goto 20