Philosophy ILP style

30 If Glass = half then print “Glass .5 full” end

Because as I stated in my post, “half empty” is “half of 0”, and half of 0 = 0, not .5

When you say “half empty” you are saying “half of zero.” which 1/2 of 0 = 0, not .5 empty (half empty)

When you say “half full” you are stating it correctly, because 1/2 of full = .5 full, which it is.

Again:

Full = 100%
Empty = 0%

1/2 Full = 50%, which it is.
1/2 Empty = 0 %, which it is not.

no

_
Faster than the speed of light:

A question of traction? A

A question of manipulating the properties of how we think space works? B

A question of A, solving B’s dilemma… and there’s more…

Ignorant gobbledygook.

Ignorant gobbledygook - doubled. :smiley:

299,792,458 / 27,185,000 = 11.027863

What does that mean, you ask?

It means that light travels at 299,792,458 meters per second, divided by a frequency of 27.185 megahertz, equals a wavelength of 11.02 meters.

Take the 11.02 meter wavelength and divide by 4, 11.02 / 4 = 2.755 meters.

2.755 meters converts to 108.4646 inches.

What does that all mean? It means that wavelength times frequency equals the speed of light, 299,792,458 meters per second.

It also means that in order to have a 1/4 wavelength antenna for CB channel 19, 27.185 MHz (the truckers channel) you need an antenna that is 108 inches long.

1 cycle per second is a frequency of 1 Hertz.
27.185 million cycles per second is a frequency of 27.185 megahertz, which means the wavelength is 11.02 meters.
Ham radio operators call CB band “11 meter.”

It’s not a theory, it’s a fact! It’s how radio frequency and antenna length are calculated. Deal with it! :slight_smile:

_
…a scintillating read, MD :smiley:

…and a cool fact.

Meaningless.

I mean Sculptor, if you didn’t understand it, that’s ok…

Why so? it’s no different than reading all the other theories out there, that I’ve found to be poorly thought out, theoretically unsound, poorly explained, and nonsensically scientifically named.

_
Sculptor… mostly a drive-by poster, ta-ta-ta ta-ta :violence-pistoldouble:

I was just sticking to the theme. :smiley:

Ahhhh, lol…

_
How exciting and long-awaited:
__
Astronomers May Have Just Found Evidence of The Very First Stars in Our Universe

[size=50]MICHELLE STARR
19 OCTOBER 2021[/size]

Back when the Universe was young – around 13.7 billion years ago – the first stars formed in the soupy darkness, setting the cosmos alight.

We’ve yet to find any of these very first stars, known as Population III stars – but a star found in a dwarf galaxy orbiting the Milky Way may be the next best thing.

AS0039, located in the Sculptor dwarf spheroidal galaxy 290,000 light-years away, has a chemical composition suggesting it incorporates elements from a Pop III star that went hypernova.

According to an analysis led by astronomer Ása Skúladóttir of the University of Florence in Italy, it’s not only the lowest metallicity star ever discovered outside of the Milky Way galaxy, it also has the lowest carbon abundance ever seen in any star.

If confirmed, AS0039 could be key to helping us understand how the Universe switched on its lights. sciencealert.com/astronomer … iverse/amp

Are you taking the piss?

Nope… en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sculptor_Dwarf_Galaxy

I had wondered if you might spot the, er… coincidence, as I wasn’t going to point it out… well spotted dear. ; )

I guess that’s not why you chose the name Sculptor, but you could always say it is… :slight_smile: are you a sculptor, of what?

_

• A creator God created the universe… but does one exist?
  • The universe created itself… from what, how, and why?
  • The natural laws created the universe… did they not come into being after the fact?
  • Maths created the universe… did it use a calculator or abacus?
  • Science created the universe… does the scientific method know about this?

Apart from all that ^^^ what would be the reason for a universe to pre-determinately create itself, or to have always been? so no cause, all effect… all 0s and 1s. Is the universe very Basic Maths, churning out code to create itself, one atom at a time… randomness, becoming formulaic over time, creating a consistency of the production of astral bodies as we know them.

You didn’t read James’ thesis on why the universe exists (very maths oriented) - The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever.

I was joking

Sculptor said: I was joking

Oh… hahaha!? :confused:

My question still stands… why Sculptor?

ILP behind-the-screen look (I would be the teacher in this example):

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPr8nComZVg[/youtube]