positive affirmations

[ I’m throwing out some positive affirmations into the ether. Please feel welcome to add your own, or any that resonate ]

you are loved
the world is brighter with you
you are worthy
you are part of the cosmos
you are valid
your home is wide and has many forms
you belong
there is so much about you to appreciate
you’re a magnificent being
your family is of magnificent beings
you are enough
your heart can heal, nurture and create beauty
you are a blessing
loving beings wish your happiness & best life
your wellbeing is just
you’re a vessel for the cosmos’ self appreciation (or to know itself, as Carl Sagan would say)
there is always more you can become,
& anything you become is but your fuller self
being you is never a waste
the universe is mirrored within you
the limits of your being is unknown
you may be able to surpass your every expectation
believing in yourself is wise compassion
you can love, and be loved

…how neat is that?

This sounds like humanism to me.

All the you are precious stuff applies to a human because they are human.

It’s positive but i don’t know how true it all is.

Which is more true?
Negative world views, or positive world views?

Humans are inclined towards the path-of-least-resistance…and what comes easiest is what is positive, even if it is a lie or an exaggeration, or a partial truth.
They prefer repeating these lies because they find existence hard and unfair, and difficult to accept.
They repeat these lies and congregate with those that affirm them - positive people - so that eventually any hint of reality is disturbing to their psyche.
They cannot endure it…they find it ‘toxic’…unberarable.

Intersubjectivity is about collectives reaffirming each other’s deceptions, if these deceptions do not disturb their own.
The Golden Rule.p

Unfortunately, for them, existence is indifferent to their human needs and desires…and their collectivized contrivances cannot succeed in ‘repairing’ or ‘healing’ a world they cannot understand and secretly detest.

Anyone who acts as a reminder becomes a representation of everything they fear, and because they fear it they hate it.
So, ‘hate’ is their first accusation - a kind of pre-emptive unloading.

Projection.

because their entire worldview is self-serving they conveniently assume that this is a universal truth.
They now assume that anyone that is disrupting their self-comforting lies is motivated by evil, or has something personal to gain, because the unspoken Golden Rule is all support one another’s delusions, therefore those who do not abide by this unspoken rule must be ill, or have ulterior motives, or are socioeconomic ‘losers’ unable to benefit from the collective status quo…because those that benefit remain silent about anything that might disturb its continuance.

The primary objective is self-preservaiton - primal and base.
The idea of placing something above it is incomprehensible to them.

Lies are virtuous, if they ensure survival.
Awareness is not a natural objective. In fact, too much awareness inhibits survival…so selective blindness is a survival advantage.

Nature is the “problem” for them.
Nature must be “corrected” or “haled” or “escaped”…even if it means self-deceit.
A coping method.

Sheltering makes it worse, since it propagates unfit mutations and feblenss…making populations increasingly unable to cope.
Until the sheltering agency collapses…

One of my favorite things to do in my job is turn a negative back to a positive. With one client, it has become a game. I never lose. He is soooo good at his part, and when this began, he was mystified that I didn’t even hesitate, wasn’t phased. Now he starts stuff knowing what to expect, and isn’t so brutally negative, since it’s a game.

Games, man.

Good ones.

I think that the so-called world view would have to be looked at - individually - before judging, especially before judging based on negative or positive.

Which is more true to you, Dan - “The cup is half-filled” or “the cup is half empty”?

I may be wrong here but I kind of feel that there would have to be much research, investigation and maybe a kind of man-on-the-street questioning about world views…and they do tend to fluctuate often.

Could we ever really get it right anyway since so much is actually in the eye of the beholder, which can be biased – too much negative when it can be positive or too much positive where it can actually be negative. I may not have expressed that well. lol

replication

It may not get much neater than that. That was NEAT.
If people said that to one another the Universe could actually be a far better place.

If people could/would actually read that to themselves every morning and trust in it, oh, how their little Universe within would expand and create ripples - like the ripples on a lake when one solitary pebble is thrown in. All it takes is one solitary human pebble…

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldAQ6Rh5ZI[/youtube]

Belief in the magical power of words is a product of Abrahamic Magian spirituality.
Superstition.

The Jewish tribe thought early on in their existence, that if they select for above-average intelligence, and continually integrate intelligence into their tribe, that this would be ‘enough’ to survive. Turns out, it’s not enough. Because although Jews are respected across the world for having an above-average intelligence, compared to all other races/ethnic/tribes, they still lack in key areas, namely physical force/militarism… which is why they’ve needed the Roman Imperialists to do their dirty work for them, for the past 2000 years and counting.

It’s understandable why the negative often holds more weight.
Any action you do could kill you, eliminating you forever.
Any positive action can only guarantee temporary results.

Indefinite results vs temporary results.

Naturally, we evolved to give risks greater weight than opportunities.
That is a common predisposition, which can be resisted, if there’s a will to do so.

===
===

Power to ya.

===
===

Thank you for the kind words, Arc. Pleasure to hear.
If anyone finds value in them, that’s more than enough for me.

The christian tries to trade his earthly life for an eternal afterlife.
He sells his soul to god and sacrifices himself to his maker.
He does this through obedience and slavery.

Give me your life now, and i will give you eternal life later.

It’s a common scam amoung religions.

eternity is now, actually

• on earth as it is in heaven
  • I do not pray that you take them out of the world
  • that you may have life, and have it abundantly
  • word became flesh

Steel man a position or you haven’t even contacted it, much less responded.

Dan wrote:

That would be true of some Christians, perhaps many. Yes. Fear, pain, suffering, desire are all human emotions.
Is it any wonder why many would want to do this? Humans get tired and they try to take a shortcut but it isn’t really a shortcut.

The true Christian offers his/her soul and whole being to God for the purpose for which he/she was created.
Yes, it is done out of obedience in response to God’s love. It is part of a relationship but not one based on slavery.
It is also not based on doing any harm to others.

I read the above a few times and it does not necessarily sound like a command.

It sounds to me more like two people in the process of discussing what could be mutually beneficial to each other…on the human level.
No control, no fear, no slavery. It is given in freedom. That is not to say that it will be without pain or struggle but it is still given out of love and gratitude for God and freedom and to help one’s fellow man.

Does the Christian look to have eternal life? Yes. At the same time, I wonder if receiving eternal life at the end is the highest reason and purpose for which a real Christian would listen and do God’s will?

Some gods do require strict obedience to them or there is a penalty of death, lack of freedom, etc. but not God Himself.
Take a little walk with Him, Dan. Try to get to know Him. He may not be easy but He is loving and patient…

There are some religious leaders, preachers who are scamming people but that is not spiritual it is part of control and greed