Proust, À la recherche du temps perdu

Has anyone here read In Search of Lost Time? (Has anyone, anywhere, for that matter?)

I’ve always wanted to read it but was too afraid to start. It’s monstrously daunting! However, I’ve decided not to put it off any longer, and have at last determined to give it a bash. 8-[

Is there anyone here who’s read the entire thing? Or perhaps someone who wants to try, and would like a virtual companion to bounce thoughts and reflect with on the journey?

:handgestures-salute:

I salute you! My copy is stuck up against Ulysses and they bark at me whenever I approach. Finnigan’s Wake ran away from me, and I read 9/10 of War and Peace before it hid somewhere. Whats with these tomes and their fear of being read, anyway??

I have a severe case of incontinence of the will, but if the gods allow, I’ll try and pull it off the shelf… (I wouldn’t bet on myself, though).

Oh, goody. I’m glad it’s not just me with this problem!

I’ll show you mine if you’ll show me yours… I’m planning to take my time with it, starting with Un Amour de Swann (Part III of Swann’s Way), so I guess I’ll post my initial thoughts and reflections somewhen between now and 2018…

gulp