Sanders believes that GE is destroying America

I think that Sanders and his supporters should stop and think a little about market forces. I will leave open the possibility that some companies do outsource production overseas to keep costs down, but it is a mistake to suggest that every time production is outsourced or offshored, that there is no other reason but low labor costs. One example can be found in aviation. For their 787 Dreamliner Boeing embraced outsourcing to the chagrin of their employees. Boeing however sent some of these jobs to Japan and Italy, which cannot be considered the source of cheap labor. In a global economy there are other factors that drive up costs, such as shipping costs. America is not the sole provider of goods and many opt for the locally manufactured product which cost less. Just as Boeing is shipping production closer to Asia, Airbus is doing as much offshoring, not just to Asia, but to America as well, opening a new plant in Alabama. Is labor cheaper here? No, but shipment cost are lowered. The auto industry has known this for decades, which is why you have the VW group offshoring production to Mexico.
Needless to say, this always brings protest from the home country which sees job opportunities go to other folks, but what Sanders and others should remember is that this is not because these companies hate their country or want to destroy it. Sanders cannot say that GE is destrying America, but globalization certainly is destroying, not just America, but Germany and France (the examples above) as well. So what then? The question is who blinks first because now if companies like GE, VW, Boeing, and Airbus were to unilaterally return production to their own countries there is no guarantee that their competitors wil follow suit and thus, for the sake of political well being they risk going out of business.
money.cnn.com/2016/04/07/investi … index.html

Is he mad because they’re outsourcing jobs? Or because they don’t pay any taxes?

Probably both. I just can’t agree with private corporations being forced to only be in their home country. Could be because I am obstinate though. Someone tells me that my corporation that, I would shut the whole damn thing down. Any present jobs would be lost, no more taxes from sales. All property would be shut down, buildings and product disassembled and destroyed. A very costly f**k you but, so worth it.

You’re an international globalist that’s why.

Private companies shouldn’t have the right to outsource everybody elses livelihood away. Either they stay inside the nation or they go somewhere else entirely.

Owners of companies that ruin the economy of a nation for a large population segment should be executed.

There is also a tax revenue crisis because of corporate tax havens which puts more tax burdens on the working class.

Those people evading taxes should also be captured and executed ideally as well. If these individuals cannot cooperate with the majority of people in society around them they need to all be lined up and executed by a firing squad. They need to dragged out of their houses with a rope around their necks and shot to death.

Nope don’t really give a damn about international , I just believe that private property is private property. When tax laws require study and a degree. Then something is wrong. Flat tax is the best. No deductions , no game playing nothing , you profit this much you pay this much. And no, in 30 yrs my husband and I have not filed for refunds because we believe in flat tax.

The international class holds a monopoly over private property laws. Regardless what others or governments think there will be a time where vigilante retribution will take place.

In order to fix the problems many are going to die one way or another.

That’s nice dear. Too damn many humans anyway.

Don’t worry, we’ll be experiencing a four hundred million global population reduction soon enough. Don’t become another statistic Kriswest.

The minute a life is created it becomes a statistic the same as when no life occurs. 500 million won’t even stop the species not when there are 3 trillion at last count and still growing.

I think that many are using this taxes argument as a lever to force them to bring back jobs to the US. That’s just not going to happen. And an increase in their taxes will increase their production cost which will increase the price of their product, to their customers, decreasing their ability to compete, but again does not create jobs at home. Maybe raising taxes on them will allow Bernie to pay for more handouts, but it is not a way to move the country forward, only a way to help the country survive as we slowly continue our march into irrelevance.

Mr. Ha,

It’s not THEIRS. These corporations are not sending overseas what BELONGS to a US employee. The job position belongs to the company that has the need, that creates it or eliminates in order to carry a business whose goal is to make money. Respecting this nativism of yours only ensures that the firm will be unable to compete and the jobs will be lost anyway. If they follow your lead and leave the US entirely, you have just cost US workers the opportunity to be employed. What needs to happen is a reconfiguration of US laws that make companies want to move operations back to the US as much as possible. See the example with South Carolina where companies that move operations there are afforded concessions provided that they commit to hiring local folks and provide training. So much is made of what we should do to companies that expand their operations globally, but we forget to talk about how to entice, not just US firms, but global firms to move operations to the US. Much more would be raised by creating job opportunities for local folks than by taxing globalization.

Now you are just being dumb.

I agree that hiding money in offshore accounts is dishonest and wrong. Would that disqualify Trump’s bid for the presidency?

Sound like Fidel Castro.

You know , what if this is Trump’s last hurrah? Spray tan , look at his eyes, mouth and hands. I caught a look at his hands and how he used them or did not control them. His mouth and eyes are not right either. Find older photos or film of him. What if this is a bucket list thing and he is going out with a bang? Would explain the say one thing, then try to disclaim it. Possible? Spend billions to fulfill a dream before you die?

The main aspect is whether a population is growing or not.

Is it not the real Trump anymore? :wink:

Spending billions to fulfill a dream before dying is politically possible only for those who are powerful enough to do that. Otherwise they would be stopped somehow.

Can’t stop someone whom you owe. Give that person their last hurrah. And yea the dude has changed , find oldest interviews.

They and their corrupted politicians would counter now: “Don’t worry, economically, the globe is just the extension of the nation”; but that is not true. A nation has the same or roughly the same economical conditions, rules, structures, but the globe has the most different economical conditions, rules, structures we know so far.

Both and he is right in that the global economy is hurting the United States.

I say global economy in that all domestic jobs have become outsourced whereas a lot of professional occupations are foreign imported to the United States.

The problem with the United States is that the very wealthy pay little taxes in comparison to the disappearing middle class and the working poor who pay the brunt of it all.

All of this left unaltered will mean disaster for the United States which of course at this point is unavoidable.

Basically since the 1970’s the world nations rushed to create a global market system without thinking of the long term extended and unintended consequences of doing so. It’s something we can expect in a world driven by profit and greed.

So, now the consequences of globalization are glaringly obvious for everybody and currently the world governments are trying to figure how to put the genie back into the bottle. The only problem is that they can’t…

Privatization and collectivism are radical on opposite spectrums. It shouldn’t really be a one or the other type thing.

In reality it isn’t in that most economies of the world are a mixture of both.

Still, if all of your business packs to overseas all at once your going to make the nation they all originated from very poor with a lot of pissed off angry unemployed people. That’s basically where we are in the United States currently…

I think you’re incorrect on the part of the privatization.

There seems to be a big push to deindustrialize and lower wages of workers in western nations. I hardly see how a loss of living standards will ever be regained in the west especially within the United States.

This push supposedly makes things more fair across the world in terms of market equilibrium internationally however in reality fairness has nothing to do with it so much as unadulterated profit or greed does of those with the most acquired wealth.

You can’t expect private entities to work on the general public’s behalf and there lies the problem especially when those same very private entities become more powerful than the general public itself.

Also, if individuals make a majority of other people’s lives extremely hard leaving them into total destitution they’ll either have to patch things up with the general public or face becoming a target by it. That’s how societies work really and many times a lot of private enterprises or individuals refuse to cooperate with the general public society they live amongst bringing such a society on the verge of collapse where those same very individuals become executed if not imprisoned. (Execution sends a more clearer message) History is littered with many examples of this.