SITE SUGGESTION: Ethics subforum.

A bit late to the party, but I think an ethics subforum would be pretty awesome.
I think it would belong listed among the other primary subforums such as science & religion.

To my mind, ethics doesn’t easily fit neatly into any of the other categories,
yet still deserves it’s own place beyond the melting pot that is the general philosophy subforum.

You may or may not have noticed, but we have a very passionate user named thinkdr who primarily focuses on ethics.
I think they alone have shared enough material to make the subforum an interesting place.

If any other users like this idea, feel free to chime in.

Thanks for your time, reading and any consideration offered.

That is the Society, Government, and Economics forum.

That currently may be it’s best fit, but it faces the same issue as if something was posted to the general philosophy section - it’s a melting pot where all sorts of different subjects are floating about. My idea was a space where ethics, morality and values can be discussed outside the mess and weeds of other issues - where people specifically looking to talk about ethics can go.

In fairness though, in order for it to be a viable place, people may have to volunteer / curate topics to be transferred over. Work for users / moderators alike, and based on the state the site’s in, doesn’t seem too likely… but even if this site turns into more of an archive, an ethics section would be a nice place to order things - and would encourage discussion specifically in that realm.

One could argue why have a philosophy forum on a philosophy site, as it covers everything.

This is also true of ethics, really. Of Society, Government, and Economics.

All else are just special categories underneath, really.

But I can see a “Theories in Ethics” or “Ethics Theory” subcategory underneath either Philosophy or the previously mentioned.