something from nothing or always something

The BB is based on the observable universe and the argument for it is circular in that it answers why there is a apparent limit.
It holds that every point in the universe is the centre of the universe and that the expansion we observe accounts for the time the universe has existed. The other sleight of hand of the BB theory is that time itself began at the same moment, and it is all carefully and cleverly wrapped up in a bow of uniformitarianism.

Aside from that uncertainty all the rest is wild speculation.

My feeling is that, since we know that the universe is subject to great change I see no reason that the fabric that uniformitarianism assume could not also be subject to change. Could the BB have been the result of a contracting universe. And so could our universe be on an eternal cycle of expansion and contraction?

So if something from nothing gives you a chill, then you have your imagination to reject it, and it would be as valid an idea as anyone else’s

cosmic microwave background radiation comes to mind

there was never nothing. ex nihilo is kind of a misnomer.

“I problemi filosofici riprendono oggi in tutto e per tutto quasi la stessa forma interrogativa di duemila anni fa: come può qualcosa nascere dal suo opposto, per esempio il razionale dall’irrazionale, ciò che sente da ciò che é morto, la logica dall’illogicità, il contemplare disinteressato dal bramoso volere, il vivere per gli altri dall’egoismo, la verità dagli errori? La filosofia metafisica ha potuto finora superare questa difficoltà negando che l’una cosa nasce dall’altra e ammettendo per le cose stimate superiori un’origine miracolosa, che scaturirebbe immediatamente dal nocciolo e dall’essenza della ‘cosa in sè’. Invece la filosofia storica, che non é più affatto pensabile separata dalle scienze naturali, ed é il più recente di tutti i metodi filosofici, ha accertato in singoli casi (e questo sarà presumibilmente il suo risultato in tutti i casi), che quelle cose non sono opposte, tranne che nella consueta esagerazione della concezione popolare o metafisica, e che alla base di tale contrapposizione sta un errore di ragionamento: secondo la sua spiegazione, non esiste, a rigor di termini, nè un agire altruistico nè un contemplare pienamente disinteressato, entrambe le cose sono soltanto sublimazioni, in cui l’elemento base appare quasi volatilizzato e solo alla più sottile osservazione si rivela ancora esistente. Tutto ciò di cui abbiamo bisogno e che allo stato presente delle singole scienze può esserci veramente dato, é una chimica delle idee e dei sentimenti morali, religiosi ed estetici, come pure di tutte quelle emozioni che sperimentiamo in noi stessi nel grande e piccolo commercio della cultura e della società, e perfino nella solitudine: ma che avverrebbe, se questa chimica concludesse col risultato che anche in questo campo i colori più magnifici si ottengono da materiali bassi e perfino spregiati? Avranno voglia, molti, di seguire tali indagini? L’umanità ama scacciare dalla mente i dubbi sull’origine e i princìpi: non si deve forse essere quasi disumanizzati per sentire in sè l’inclinazione opposta?”

Translation:

"
Philosophical problems today resume in all respects almost the same interrogative form as two thousand years ago: how can something arise from its opposite, for example the rational from the irrational, what it feels from what is dead, the logic from illogicality , the disinterested contemplation of the longing will, living for others from selfishness, the truth from errors? Metaphysical philosophy has so far been able to overcome this difficulty by denying that one thing arises from the other and by admitting a miraculous origin for the things esteemed superior, which would immediately spring from the core and essence of the ‘thing in itself’. On the other hand, historical philosophy, which is no longer conceivable apart from the natural sciences, and is the most recent of all philosophical methods, has ascertained in individual cases (and this will presumably be its result in all cases), that those things do not they are opposite, except in the usual exaggeration of the popular or metaphysical conception, and that at the basis of this contrast lies an error of reasoning: according to his explanation, there is, strictly speaking, neither an altruistic act nor a fully disinterested contemplation, both things are only sublimations, in which the basic element appears almost volatilized and only at the most subtle observation is it still existing. All that we need and that in the present state of the individual sciences can really be given to us, is a chemistry of moral, religious and aesthetic ideas and feelings, as well as of all those emotions that we experience in ourselves in the large and small commerce of culture and society, and even in solitude: but what would happen if this chemistry concluded with the result that even in this field the most magnificent colors are obtained from low and even despicable materials? Will many want to follow these investigations? Humanity loves to cast out doubts about origin and principles from the mind: shouldn’t one be almost dehumanized to feel the opposite inclination within oneself?"

looking for source
(While forging for re-source)

Dunno, but do a search for Italian & read the context including Hobbes:
transversal.at/transversal/0613/waterhouse/en

That would be like looking for a haystack in/on a needle , no. like looking for wounded tiny angel dancers stuck by needles, , red and the black all over

While trying to balance a silver. plate containing three apples, to the celebration of judgements day

And now will try to read the piece on Hannah Arendt

You can use the search function for keywords. Whether on your phone or computer. Like you don’t know that. Ask the nearest anybody to show you.

You don’t have to read it. I didn’t. heh

Ok I did not and will probably will not but now this: “something from nothing or no thing or always some thing”

In images there may not be other images which denote various others until an original is found because originals are rarely original.

There may be something or nothing which may be recursive to an absolute original so the question may be it even is a disposition.

The question then is not consistent with a prior apprehension apprehension of logical succession, buy a judgement based upon reductive reason by passing the most superfluous to the most essential.

And the question may not be formed around the concern of being or not , because living assumptions imply the more primal question of existing even before that question can be assumed.

I think that Freud answered that question by a linger term decision of choice between the original existential concern being more in tune with reality for the sake of existence and survival then the later concern with the pleasurable obsessions that are the offshoot.

That priority is becoming less divisive as the images of. angst as a longer held bar to existence recede in favor if the principle that man’s primary objective is pleasure fir it’s own sake.

Finally when such reality triumphs over the uconflated logic based on aesthetic justification ( Kierkegaard) , then and only then can live abide by It’s own principles.

Until then ‘no thing’ and ‘nothing’ will. Not predicate one upon the other, thereby formed only by the principle of conservation of energy… After the singular expression of such dynamic, impressions of reality will remain and based on intrinsic phenomena.

I just watched the 2019 X-Men. We may all choose our fate, but who sustains, and is he exempted from interaction? And where did we ALL get that selfsame ability and hunger TO choose our fate?

Rhetorical.

_
So this Hellmann’s Mayonnaise advert, claims [that with the help of the mayonnaise] you can turn nothing into something

…if that was the case, they would all have been eating only mayonnaise for dinner… because they definitely turned something into something from many things, not no things.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqrwG85Ov9o[/youtube]

If ‘nothing’ has the capacity to produce something, then by virtue of that attribute, it isn’t nothing.
It’s a thing that can produce new, and vastly different things than itself.

Existence from ‘nothing’, or existence was/is/always will be - are both mind boggling concepts.
Any explanation for why existence is, seems likely to boggle the mind.
Yet the most fundamental truth we know, is that - existence is.
However far removed our experience is from ‘objective reality’, we are experiencing.
Therefore, something mind boggling is happening… we just don’t know what exactly. :laughing:

I ask myself, why can’t existence be eternal?
Why can’t some things always be?
I think we always draw lines and make divisions -
that’s how we’ve come to make sense of existence.
We’ve evolved and reinforced a tendency to see boundaries everywhere.
But this instinct leads us astray when assessing existence itself.

I think it’s infinite.
I think you can travel in a direction forever,
at whichever speed you can imagine,
and never reach a boundary.
It’s strange to think about, but I believe existence to be a boundless object.

And why not?
It seems no less crazy than something from ‘nothing’.
And if people can say God is, and God explains itself -
then why can’t we cut out God, and insert existence?

If nothing else, I think we can agree that something very strange is happening.

As an aside:

I don’t think existence loves us or has our interests at heart.
I think we’re thrown into the cosmic sea, and it’s sink or swim.
The sea is callous to our welfare.

Ich,

This probably where we differ.
You say God, I say existence/cosmos.
You perhaps see love, I see indifference.

Indifference does not act. You wouldn’t see.

But difference could kill ya

So what difference does make?

Silly question cause pleasure trumped s reality

What if there is no such thing as non existence?
We have change, matter, energy, these never pop out of existence.
They never become non existent. On an essence level.

If that’s the case then there is no difference so it defeats It’s purpose.at least from a cosmological view / point of view…