Something I have noticed...

Uniqor,

Do you understand that you betray your own “political” POV? Let me make this as simple as I know how.

Running a website whose content is philosophy has absolutely nothing to do with philosophy itself. As a friend pointed out to me, not all things are philosophical.

This is an internet website owned by Ben.

Ben, with a little bit of help from staff, makes the rules.

Members are invited to participate and abide by the rules.

Members who don’t abide by the rules are invited to leave.

There is absolutely nothing philosophical about this.

Confusing content with pragmatic form and function isn’t uncommon, but neither does it produce any effect other than blah blah blah. I love grey, uniqor, but I also know when and how to act in black and white. More importantly, I even know the difference.

I appreciate the opportunity to reflect, to assess, to watch the ebb and flow of events, but finally, one acts in the concreteness of real experience and not in ethereal abstraction.

Sorry for the delay, tentative.

I understand how I betrayed my ideology in your framework, but I also understand how my ideology stands beyond your frames. Here, my saw and axe, catch by the drift that one simply does not be a philosopher after genuine commitment to some political stance, make sure you catch them with a clear head alone. To elaborate realistically, when I start to draw up an equation of Arrow Debreu competitive equilibrium and manifest a chart of jurisdiction for ILP, I would be merely subphilosophising under influence of basic ethical principles and microeconomic axioms upon which my symposium constitution and Baysian mathematics are grounded.

The actual actions of running it pertains to subphilosophy, as I have explained above. Philosophy itself is the questioning of the politics of running it. The politics here is not about identifying who is the owner of the site or who constitute the moderating team, or how they interact to come up with the rules. It is not about whether ILP should be structured as the biparlimentary UK government or as the trifeet standing situation of America, based on analysing a survey of member ethos, because all these pertain to decided and predetermined ethics of democracy. The politics is about descaling Western democracy as a whole into the ministate to which our 21st cetury sixth living dimension, cyberhood, belong. It is capitalism versus communism on the existential level, in the end, so far.

Here there is a chance to conduct an experiment. But you do not believe my rant since chance is one of those things that are not universally visible. I blame you not. But I show you the picture that once we philosophise, that is, once we take the stance of demolishing commonplace democracy and the semi or quasi democratic endeavours in the confusion, by grounding some political principle based on cap versus com, then we are commencing our downgoing, our subphilosophising, our tragedy, where we work towards a cmoprehensive system of running and moderating employing economics and mathematics, but then, we would be actively styling ourselves, and styling on an altogether grander dimension. Following these efforts, following successful moderators go home after a hard day of work at ILP and talk proudly to the wives about how satisfactory and challenging the day has been, I would be back into this very thread with a new post, in the same spirit yet calling for a new philosophy, a new politics, a grander style.

This is the ring of the eternal teturn, the being and becoming that constitute the ring. We can walk it with full discernment and affirmation, or we can drift along it with semidiscernment and quasinegation by not doing much, not even subphilosophising much. Along this ring, not enjoying the Moment of cyberlife, not opening to the Augenblick where existence spreads itself in perspectivism, but instead reactively relying on brick stone rules that are necessarily fixed in dunamis and lack in potentia, is to bring upon a gloom of unsatisfaction over the state, is to remain content with the following ethos,

which comes from the Nachlass, with unoriginal translation, but original emphasis on the original M words. Oringinal translation and its full context is available in the 2nd volume of Heidegger’s lecture course, English version by D F Krell.

Uniqor,

I have no problem with the concept of constant evolution of both form, function, and ideology. That occurs whether we would choose it or not. But there is also structure, structure that must remain in a semi-stable form. Is this moderation or mediocrity? I suppose it all depends on one’s perspective and sense of responsibility to either structure, or to ideology. While one must be amenable to changes in ideology, there needs to be recognition of the necessity to deal with obdurate reality as well. We all fall along a continuum in this. I’m a bit of a pragmatic, so while I enjoy the vista afforded considering the forest, I do not ignore the trees. If this is mediocrity, then it is for those who disagree. I understand the passion and pursuit of the edges, but mundane balance is finally its’ own wisdom.

Patently erroneous Obw, it’s easy as can be.

It takes one of three utilities that simply mask the originating IP, a username change and poof … instant access.

As with life, locks only keep out the honest people.

Beware the IP masker and packet sniffer.

Mastriani, long time no see. You are the only Sicillian I know of, besides the Corleones, of course. I long to hear a local girl to sing the theme, “speak softly my love”, in local dialect of course. Like Nietzsche, I have a mild but nevertheless passion for Italian women. When they make those pasta blocks, it reminds me of the countryside Chinese making dumplings in everyway. No, I am not mistaking your gender. I am simply opening the chatterbox with an old social oppurtunity.

Right, let me cut straight to the shit. Gimme vino,

Me and detrop are planning on a communist takeover. Before we make the moves, we need you to take a ride around the FBI and CIA with your tripple wagon… the rest is best said via pm.

tentative, The dying heroes are Dunamis and so on, the babbling mobs are coming in one after another. No, I did not manipulate the quote from Nietzsche to taylor fit the case at hand. It just happned that I read it last week. The lord works in mysterious ways. But I am bring out old craps, craps in the sense that we have ruined their freshness and significance a long time ago. This moderation matter of ILP will be a refreshed hot debate, perhaps, when most current members are replaced by a completely new gen. The job is safe, tent.

Whatever matey. I am a CCNA. Are you? If not, I probably know more about it than you. Sorry to pull that one.

Uniqor,

I appreciate your idealism and that of those who wish that the world would strive for perfection,but alas, it isn’t to be. All systems of thought and of act evolve slowly,if at all. The new generation will bring the same tired old complaints about intellectual freedom that they don’t expect to pay for.

I love the fact that you landed on this particular remark, and previously emphasising it as the main force behind your stance. It corresponds perfectly to,

Cap versus Com.

tentative, you are idealism-friendly, which means that you are the perfect subject of study for idealists. I will watch you, man, for this very reason. I guess obw is like you in this way. You are all very material and earthly bound objects that establish idealistic objects most lucidly and strongly.

yin yang, yang yin, yang yang, yin yin, yang yin yang yin, …

You guys (GCT and gamer) have inspired me in this thread this evening.That heavy poetry didnt go unnoticed and,i just could’nt accept not let letting you know. Thanks. Some uncanny combo of elements inspired me this evening…,and this thread was in the brew. :slight_smile:

(i havent been inspired in so long)

LMMFAO CCNA … that’s called an apprentice certification, and no I’m not. Otherside is, and you might want to go back to school paisano, because in the black hat arena, what you know wouldn’t fill a thimble of piss in an ant colony. Router configuration takes a floppy, telenet and four minutes, if you don’t have to run a decrypt utility, because it isn’t your router. Try setting up four different Reqbridges for sixteen different browse and search infrastructure components, all on different harnesses and working different code base, not including the fenced portions which have to be addressed separately.

I deal with eighteen different guys, none of whom has a certification or a degree, who can shred a network or just plod around it, and not leave any footprints that an expert wouldn’t find.

Before you start twitching, you might want to look up a few utilities and then reference it against a couple of black hat blogs and see what you come up with, invaluable to know how the underbelly of a thing works, outside the rules.

I spend half my “internets time” on servers I’ve been banned from … some repeatedly.

When they shred networks, do they use cheese graters?