soul being saved?

I like that phyllo. Good sailing.

My first thought here was celibacy. lol

I’m not a christian. How might my soul be saved, oh great wise one? :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t have to be a Christian. You can be a Buddhist or atheist - it doesn’t matter. Your soul is saved here and now by your actions.

Jesus understood it and said it. So do Buddha. Many others have understood.

Really? How is that, ierrellus?
I think that there’s more soulfulness within energy and consciousness. Just depends on how one uses them - for the good or the negative.

Certainly not. Sexuality is a part of man and woman.

Or I guess Chi too.

Or I guess Chi too.

Chi who? lol
Only kidding.

What is the soul of a mass murderer? He has energy and consciousness.

What is the soul of a mass murderer? He has energy and consciousness.
[/quote]
a serial killer may have a brain structure that is quite different…talking about soul there is meaningless

a serial killer may have a brain structure that is quite different…talking about soul there is meaningless
[/quote]
Then talk of a soul must be talk of brains?

For many believers the soul is latent until an age of accountability. When, then is a person to be held accountable for what he thinks or does?

If you think that the soul is brains then you are a materialist. In which case, either the soul does not exist at all or it is a word used to describe some pattern of behavior.

If you think that there is a separation between the physical brain and mind, then everyone has a soul - even a mass murderer. The question becomes : What is the nature of his soul? It’s not meaningless to discuss it.

When people say that someone is “soulless”, they are referring to them being superficial, void of depth, meaningless, less human, more animal, worthless. It isn’t a technically accurate description, merely hyperbole.

I can believe the soul is in the brain without being a materialist.

Drugs, liquor - an addiction to such things can damage the soul.
They are physical objects, are they not?

Are you really that naive to think that someone who commits atrocious acts don’t have souls? Every living being/creature here has a ‘soul’.

Please explain how it works.

You believe in an afterlife - how does the soul go on after the brain is destroyed?

These things don’t damage the soul. The damage comes from choosing them over healthy options. Just as choosing gold over people is damaging to the soul.

When I believed in a god, I kind of intuited that the soul was outside the body, permeating a certain area of space which surrounds us. lol
Honestly, I don’t know what to believe.

IF we even have something that we can consider to be a soul, it wouldn’t so much reside within the brain, in my book. It might be akin to the scent of the flower. Each flower because of its chemicals, etc., has its own scent peculiar to it.
So, the soul would not be material but would come about because of the human experience, maybe like a mist that rises up from the ground. lol
I really have no idea whatsoever. These are just my musings.