stabilizing the perpendiculars

The question to be posed is: If magnetic is perpendicular to electric, so that they are two different waves, why don’t they cancel each other out, or amplify or magnify each other? And why is there only one electromagnetic spectrum for both of them?

with waves…

if they are in the same place at the same time, they amplifier each other

if they are not in the same x at the same y, they cancel each other out

What if they’re smack dab in the middle (perpendicular)? Notice how the north and south pole of earth are not the same as the magnetic south and north polls— and the sun is not barycenter of the solar system— Is the off-centeredness in each case (earth, sun) correlated?

Is there a third thing missing (outside magnetic/electric) that we have not considered? A stabilizer that neither absorbs nor reflects (dare I say: unless it wills to do so)?

Just curious.

I think being perpendicular would be another way of saying being maximally removed from each other. x and y wouldn’t affect each other if they are each waves existing at a perfect 90 degrees angle away from one another. But as soon as you get to 89 or 91 degrees they start affecting each other.

If you plot the waves as 2D phenomena ‘up and down’ oscillations then extended laterally into 3D, you can see how at a perfect 90 degree separation they would just pass right through each other with no impact. What is ‘waving’? The underlying material. If you are moving up and down along axis 1 and the stuff you are moving through is staying stationary with respect to your axis 1, then it’s not going to affect you. That underlying stuff might be moving in other ways but you wouldn’t know, you can’t ‘see’ those movements because you are confined to your own axis.

¿So you have two (polarity) to have one (circuit) and you (always) have three to even have two (to have one), because medium?

I don’t follow what you mean, but yeah I suppose the 2 implies 3 (2+medium). That seems obvious. Idk, can you clarify?

maybe related

maybe too related