I cannot ignore my pain.
It demands my attention.
It makes me obsessive.

Here i am, typing.
I have to wait,
until the pain dies down.

Good days will come again.

It’s just a matter of time really.

Our hearts are restless until we rest in him. If we move away from rest, restlessness returns. If we stay in his rest, we rest even when restlessness is moving all around, because adapting to our unpredictably unmoved rest. Restlessness is a dying root, rest a radical, unwavering life that kills only what impedes growth.

_
We need to start an ‘ILP pain clinic’ thread, Dan… there’s enough of us on here, to form one. #-o

At times like this, let Google be your friend and guide, to get you through this unsettling time.

Go right in, the doctor will see you now…

unless you blow into his stethoscope…

So many things are beautiful.
Suffering blinds us so that we cannot see the beauty of the world.

I feel better.

:slight_smile:

That’s amazing Dan! did you rest and recoupe?

…there’s definitely a knack/a fine art, to getting over the [pain] hurdle… a refusal to suffer being one of them, imo.

Suffering is not only a part of existence, existence would be insufferable without it!

Because there could not be existence without it.

Why? Because the process to exist requires pain (&suffeing) because the lack of either would lead to the preconditions of existence, that is lack of the sensible, the sensual, and primarily the sense to feel or understand it all.

And if we don’t watch it, it may be the break away train that we all fear so much!

_
Speak for yourself… ^^^

If every instance of pain (whether emotional/mental or physical) were enveloped with the (un)foreseeable (perhaps placeholder… which requires faith, hope) joy that could not have been born without it, that interpretation would be a resilient vaccine against every existential threat. You’d still feel the pain - even perhaps more fully than others in denial - but it would remind you of the joy. You’d grow like the Hulk (after he masters his impulses).

You become more curious about what produces joy.

Nah. Lurker should reply here with a reasoned counter argument.

Keep your sad obsession to yourself

Note to Satyr:

You’re safe for now.

I wish I needn’t have to.

Some deny that, as well as relegating pain out of suffering as a precursor to pleasur, but seek eternal pleasure, and nothing else but,?to seek some recourse to blaming some One,(

We sometimes suffer out of nowhere, surethat I can renege on.

…your current state-of-affairs? well… that kinda [physical] pain can only be muted and worked-through until it’s gone, over time. That kinda pain descends upon some of us, from a toxic world coupled with a toxic peoples, creating an inner-pain in the genetically-susceptible some.

The antioxidants in black or white tea -as opposed to unstable green- or in kombucha, work wonders on having pain-free days.

Why are all pain-relieving plant remedies, addictive? I have found the non-addictive plant-based ones to be far too harsh on the body… and therefore detrimental, to it.

Should instead, MagsJ complain of emotional, psychological, ontological truths infested by Kafkian wormin?

Could but will not , since Szasz, and Laing and others reinforced my conviction they were not just some characters out of a play looking for an author, not since things have to Synch, be syncrotonic, be in a mind that dare oppose the would have been analysts now pill pushers, behaviorists who do not realize that only the highest of powers can put them out of business?

Been there done with that, in stead peace is the ultimate tranquilizer, the piece of hearts laden by guilt brought unto the altar of love , exposing their own end of the road possibility of a behavioral mutation , to abstract their own metaphysical weakness of toward an unnecessary self enhancement , while searching for gifts to place as offers of sacrafice to gods who exist, but fail to hear the message of absolution.

the open doors of fledgling freedoms have been politized to an it reduceabe extent toward what they profess about, routing all missbehavrd toward the last bastion of aesthetic defense against the decayed and worn out ,

Suffering has only one credible support: the invention of need be, of those powers, that they could see, but refuse to.

One of my favorite bible verses is:

For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, “Dan, In returning and rest you shall be saved;
in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.”

We will stop there and leave it on a healing and enlightened note.

nature-300x200 (1).jpg

That bench is just waiting for YOU, Dan.

That tree, the one I talked of long long ago, an image on the wall, when seasons change to reveal the green earth, replaced by the glare of sun, into which they coldly prompt not to directly gaze into, it’s so all encompassing, it can blind you, so wait until summertime, when the forests play their magical refrain.