The Tao is Like Pepsi

Hello F(r)iends,

The Tao is like Pepsi. Pepsi is tasty, it’s bubbly, it’s sweet, it’s refreshing, it’s bottled for easy consumption, It’s widely distributed, it’s being marketed as a life changing experience. It’s full of calories–empty calories. Some people are addicted to it and don’t care that it’s bad for them or ignore the dangers. Some people think it’s the greatest thing ever. Pepsi is quickly becoming the cola of choice among young people. Yup. The Tao is like Pepsi.

Christianity is like Coca Cola–classic and with a large “traditional” fan base.
It’s losing the youth, but it will always have the good ol’ days.

-Thirst4Water

Your analogy is poor.

Most notably it fails in that the ‘Way’ is not a mass consumer product.

But who the hell cares any way. Right.

It was a poor analogy for the Christianity part, I mean Coke can’t be good for you either. lol. But, whatever! Hey! I never thought of that! Christianity used to be called ‘The Way’ back in the first century!! lol, isn’t that funny? Oh well, doesn’t mater what it is called. It’s true you can’t beat it…but…let’s just say that (in the words of the Canadian Idol judges) “it is what it is…”.

No, it was candid, thirst!

Hello F(r)iends,

Sure. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, cause Christianity is for the masses with it’s “narrow path” warnings and it’s “no rich people” advisories… :unamused: {sarcasm}
Yeah, I can see that the ‘Way’ is totally different from Christianity… {more sarcasm}

Exactly!

Coke, Pepsi, Tao, Christianity… tomato, toemahtoe.
It is funny. I am glad you enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

-Thirst

I realized about a half hour after I posted that you were just having some fun, so…

Who the hell cares anyway.

Although I still disagree with your irreverance!!!

Personally I prefer coke.

A