The Way to Spiritual Growth...

Mu.

There are still things in the universe that modern sceince and math cannot possibly understand. I mean we don’t totally undertsand how the brain works.

What a person believes, what I believe is not a question easily answered. I can say that I find it difficult to believe that the world we see is all that there is. Our world is defined by what our senses tell us. But human vision, smell, taste, touch, these senses are imperfect. There are spectrums and other layers of reality that our senses miss.

I believe that there is a world working that science can only begin to theoretically understand. There is another set of forces at work on the earth that people can call spirits, God, or any number of other things.

Beyond that it is faith and religion that sustains people through times tragedy. I mean there is, for instance, a measurable effect on healing times and prayer. What this is, we don’t know. People simply use God as an explanation. Not if there is a bearded man in the sky or not the power of prayer is still an act of God, whether God exists or not. Because in the end its a question of what God is. Is God a bearded guy in the heavens that looks down like an eternal parental figure or is God simply that inkling in the back of our heads not to take a candy bar or whatever, and in the end does it really make a difference? Religion has power whether the gods they worship are real or not.

Mmmhmm. There could be a thousand things going on, entire worlds that exist, that we are totally unaware of. But the question then is, if we don’t sense them, do we affect them? And then, it becomes: If we don’t affect them, does it matter if they exist? They might as well not.

My friends and I once had a debate on if Time had a frame-rate. They figured it must, I figured it couldn’t. In the end, we could never know, because whatever instruments we could use to measure time would be trapped within that framerate, or the framerate that the human eye takes in light to read a display, or whatever.

yes.

not entirely.

they do,but religous thoughts makes science and math seem like a joke,because they believe in God.

p.e-personal experience.

they would,but it would destroy nature more,which is not right.

because i was brainwashed to believe it.

this I know, I was merely pointing out that religion is not the only thing that attempts an understanding in the unknown… Hence, seeing no neccesity to go towards a religion for that particular reason…

belief is not defined by sensation, it is defined by intuition… What do you BELIEVE? That is what is known as faith…

As humans, what do you REALLY think we are capable of understanding? It has been our habit to MIS-understand the simplist of ideas… Furthermore, how does one define “understanding”? Is it a mere awareness or a categorical definition assigned to an idea or entity?

You are attempting to present evidence… Faith does not require evidence… Is your spiritual growth in understanding who or what God is? Do you believe yourself capable of understanding who or what God is?

this I know, I was merely pointing out that religion is not the only thing that attempts an understanding in the unknown… Hence, seeing no neccesity to go towards a religion for that particular reason…

belief is not defined by sensation, it is defined by intuition… What do you BELIEVE? That is what is known as faith…

As humans, what do you REALLY think we are capable of understanding? It has been our habit to MIS-understand the simplist of ideas… Furthermore, how does one define “understanding”? Is it a mere awareness or a categorical definition assigned to an idea or entity?

You are attempting to present evidence… Faith does not require evidence… Is your spiritual growth in understanding who or what God is? Do you believe yourself capable of understanding who or what God is?