The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

New? Nah, I’ve been a philosopher for 2000 years.

Why are you still up?

You are 2000 years old? :open_mouth: I’ve been one since my first remembered memory, so since the age of 3 many decades ago.

Why am I still up? because it’s after noon here… and I’m already contemplating dinner, no snacks.

Every emotion, thought, memory you have, is millions of years old.

You are the creation of literally millions and billions of ancestors, all of whom speak through you and I.

Those we share in common, we seek out in one-another. Those we do not, we are estranged, divorced, and weary apart.

Now by the law of averages if you take all those types and add them and get a general sense of differences among each and every one and add those up; then divide them by how many there are , maybe trillions - then all of them will be near identical.

Their differences will be near absolutely minimal.

That really could keep me awake if I let it.

How very ‘sage’ of you, but… then again, you always were.

Inherent knowledge, that maketh the conduit of a (wo)man… an innate blueprint, gifted from the gods our ancestors.

An early dinner… of lamb carry, and coriander and rose petal infused rice.
I’ve gotten in the habit of eating dinner earlier, if I can… now that appetite permits.

Mag. Take a hint from the Burmese people and do coconut rice.

_
I’m far too awake to be able to fall asleep tonight… just call me 24 hour Mags, tonight.

Listening to debate podcasts, to occupy my mind.

_
…another sleepless night… though I might eventually fall asleep, till some time after noon. I’ve breakfasted already, so hunger won’t be an issue… I have had a coffee though, so might be kept awake some-more.

I wonder what it is, that is keeping me awake so… :-s

_
Dawn arrives, and now I sleep… but not till dusk.

_
Still awake… starving… getting tired… so early breakfast or nah!?

got up after some dream made me thinking of the golden eternity that my best buddy jack kerouac said on his freckles up to big sir, and anybody who says : a best friend can’t be among characters and their authors, well! What about the six characters searching for an author, heck we may be among those six, or even maybe even be found during the search! Who knows.

It’s morn weather dropped significantly such drastic temperature falls cause a lot of mood changes among those who are akin to those type sensations.

It’s the best weather here maybe in the world some say but those used to it can’t restrain themselves to complain about it nevertheless.

_
…I did have an evening-coffee yesterday -to help fuel the tidying-up session- so there is that/the reason.

Sleep… re-descend upon me, so that I may awake later this morning, refreshed.

_
Stilll wide awake since awakening, but hopefully not for long.
…for I have much to do, tomorrow.

Eggs n coffee? I think so… looks like a 48-hourer.

Coffee is nice in the middle of the night. It’s satisfying and energizing for a while, then will help you sleep later on as morning approaches.

A morning coffee and I’m good… any later in the day than that, and the effects are counter.

I’ve been sleeping soundly since this post was made… though my ‘[not] early to bed, [not necessarily] early to rise’ preference, is counter to my Health-tracker’s requirements/expectation?, from/of me.

I don’t use health trackers, I don’t believe in being a Borg.

…I needed a good and intuitive health-assistant [it’s new… bought a few weeks ago] to help me get my strength and endurance back on track, after having acquired a(n allegedly) non-fatal long-term/chronic illness… and it’s actually work(ed)ing.

The first week, I ignored most of its prompts… now, on the 5th week, I can complete all 6 of the daily objectives of my ‘Boost immune system’ health plan [getting quality sleep, 1.5l daily hydration, stress-levels moderation, 10mins of activity a day, 2,000 steps a day, night time check-in]. No implant necessary… :wink:

It was quite shocking to see how sluggish I was, when at home… I now move a lot more, whilst being able to keep my vitals ‘in-check’. So bestbuyever. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Having achieved stable vitals -in a matter of weeks- whilst gaining my strength and endurance back, is the fait accompli/breakthrough I was looking for.

p.s. I did not/do not run, but walk… except only for a bus. lol

The 6, daily, plan requirements to complete…

When humans have lost the ability and inclination to monitor and control themselves for their own sake, and must outsource aspects of this to corporations and external monitoring-controlling devices, I would call that early Borgification. But I am glad it is helpful for you, of course.

That is the real issue here. Not the fact that the assistive Borg devices are helpful to you, but the fact that you need something like that in the first place. Whatever condition/limit/apathy/errors exist causing this need to arise. That is a decidedly “modern/postmodern” problem, or at least one that understandably appears in the kind of society we have today (in the west).

_
My thoughts exactly… crappy-modern-illnesses call for electronic-wearable-devices, to keep One’s health in-check, throughout the day… but more importantly, to get it (permanently) back on track.

This device, will definitely do that.

__
I’ve been sleeping like a log, all week… the wearable is happy about that. :laughing:

Interesting to see which foods and drinks cause a rise in my stress levels… certain plant foods and zero-intervention red wine, apparently -must be the phytochemicals- I’ll know to avoid.

Can you believe that this is now a thing? I saw it being advertised on TV yesterday… could have done with one of those, the last time I became fatigued.