theodicy

I’m so sorry. I have to interject. God SAID there would be persecution. That means he is still in control when it happens. And stuff after that fulfilled prophecies, and weird stuff keeps happening even today… and it’s GOING to get worse (before it gets better). But… without God… there is no real better/worse. Your intuition that it’s real… points to God/Good.

Sorry to intrude, Biggy.

Enlightenment is knowing forever never works with another actual being.

People don’t think in forever.

If you think God is the solution, you can hyper-dimensionality reflect god.

God is the most insecure being ever.

“If you don’t love me with all your heart and soul, you go to hell, that’s why I created hell. Everyone is supposed to love me and only me forever.”

Note to others:

My focus here is not in examining what Ecmandu says about God and His insecurities…or enlightenment or forever or hyper-dimensionality. It’s to ask him to demonstrate that what he says is the case regarding them is actually true such that experientially we can confirm this ourselves.

In other words, like asking her how, given this…

…her own God should not be thought of as a sadistic monster.

Because he doesn’t take pleasure in the death of the wicked, but wants them to turn and know they are loved, and overcome the world with it like he did/does. No leveling up without a challenge.

No hole. No mud. No problem.

:laughing:

No, seriously.

youtu.be/85V1Xewv20k

So much for turning the other cheek!!! :laughing:

This seems apropos. Not that I would even know what that word means.
youtu.be/xLnahXpHsN4

What do you want me to demonstrate to you iambiguous?

That people have things occur to them that they don’t want, and if they claim otherwise they are lying?

How about this… you’ve been blind here your whole life and you get furious at all these people who explain vision exists… or more to your style, you’re completely blind and ask them to demonstrate green to you, and then call them fulminating objectivist scum when they can’t.

Has it ever occurred to you that people actually have experiences besides yours? Senses you don’t have?

I know. It’s quite a shocker to you.

I’d say there’s easily a hundreds of millions of people who’ve had direct access to spirit where it can’t be ignored.

Already noted that:

Also, how do you go about demonstrating to yourself that you have spoken to God, the Devil, Death and Buddha? What accumulation of evidence – tapes, videos etc. – have you collected?

Anything you can link the rest of us to?

Bottom line: one day with any luck you will ask yourself these questions. Then it might begin to dawn on you that, perhaps, you do have a “condition” that prompts you to believe so many things that virtually no one else does. Things you believe “in your head” but when push comes to shove you can never take beyond that.

Then you come in here and thank me for getting the ball rolling.

Hindsight is the darnedest thing.

All those beings were failures.

What interests me most is that an experience other than your own is intolerable to you.

I can perfectly accept that you have - a massive perception of existence - handicap.

You get very defensive, not just about the ordinary, but about the extraordinary.

Let’s say I’m full of shit and that I haven’t met these failed celebrities Who visited me in the flesh .

You think I have a condition first and foremost because I think if there’s a problem, that, that concept actually facilitates an objective discussion about existence as a whole.

That drives you nuts as well.

That your life purpose that anyone is wrong forever Because they might change their mind, is shattered.

Nobody changes their mind about consent violation.

Some people have coping mechanisms about it, but by definitional logic, nobody wants it.

That means everyone.

That’s objective.

Note to Pedro:

Come and claim her please.

Talk about The Corner material!!

Iambiguous.

The failure of our ancestors and modern times is that it was never transmitted globally that if anything bothers anyone for any reason, that existence isn’t working.

Because for the very first time… a person has to think.

Everyone has been philosophizing about straw men for countless eons.

Hmm…

They visited you in the flesh but you want us to say that you haven’t met them? More to the point though are you full of shit? Not in regard to what you tell us but regarding what you tell yourself. If they did visit you in the flesh then back to this:

“…how do you go about demonstrating to yourself that God, the Devil, Death and Buddha have visited you? What accumulation of evidence – tapes, videos etc. – have you collected?”

And how specifically do you demonstrate to others that they are failures…beyond [once again] what that simply means to you “in your head”.

I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with anything…concrete?

Look, I really know nothing substantial at all about you, right? Or, rather, online, I know only what you post here about yourself. And in your posts…time after time after time…you assert things that you believe are true “in your head” which many people find to be, well, simply unbelievable. If not ridiculous.

So, all I can do is press you to demonstrate that they are true. In particular regarding how you demonstrate them even to yourself.

How else if it is a “condition” are we going to work on it?

Or get you to admit that “Ecmandu” is just a character you play here.

Note to Meno:

Did you put him up to this? Now that is evil!

From PN:

Right. So, this part…

…an endless procession of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions and tornadoes and hurricanes and great floods and great droughts and great fires and deadly viral and bacterial plagues and miscarriages and hundreds and hundreds of medical and mental afflictions and extinction events…making life on Earth a living hell for countless millions of men, women and children down through the ages"

…is not evil because the loving, just and merciful God that creates the conditions that sustains them century after century after century after century works in “mysterious ways” far beyond the grasp of mere mortals.

And my own, at times, sardonic reaction to those here able to swallow that hook, line and sinker revolves mostly around the fact that I want God to exist. If only that there be an explanation for this terrible, terrible human suffering. After all, in a No God world these ghastly things are but the “brute facticity” of an essentially meaningless and purposeless human existence.

Right?

And, in part, I scoff at the True Believers here not because they believe what they do, but because they are unable to convince me to believe it as well.

From PN:

How about this…

You go to a hospital like St. Jude and note the above to the children who are suffering from one of the more severe childhood afflictions here:

webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/chi … conditions

See if that soothes their soul.

Of course, the doctors and the nurses and the parents of these kids are not likely to be focusing in on God’s logic here. Instead, they have faith that, well beyond anything they could possibly understand about God’s mysterious ways, one day their souls and the souls of all the departed will gather around their Creator in Paradise and – as souls? – live happily ever after.

Here, however, in a philosophy forum, it’s not what we believe in our head is true about God and theodicy but what we are, to the best of our ability, able to demonstrate that all rational men and women are obligated to believe in turn.

Starting with proof that of all the countless renditions of God there are out there, your God is in fact the real deal.

Then moving on to theodicy.

Again, sure, for the sake of all the millions of truly innocent children down through the ages who suffered terribly from what the lawyers call “acts of God”, I’d truly like to be convinced myself that, down the road, all is well that ends well in Heaven.

Give it a shot.

By anyone… I mean anyone… not just you.

It’s interesting. When I first came back into my body after 30 years of research… I was narcissistic …

I assumed everyone wanted everything they wanted forever at the expense of nobody.

And then I figured out that these billions of people only feel pleasure knowing another’s exclusion.

So I had to rework the plan to accommodate all of you.

Are you up for the job?

Didn’t think so.

Note to Meno:

Not to worry. He’s not even close. You’re still by far the most unintelligible poster here.