Until it Isn’t

“It’s not him. It’s a stone.” — about a Shin Bet officer who fell October 7. Extend to the women raped and murdered by Hamas that day. Children and parents executed in front of each other.

It’s a stone. Until it isn’t.

Genesis 22:17 “I will multiply your descendants beyond number, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will conquer the cities of their enemies.”

Luke 19:14: “‘I tell you,’ he replied, ‘if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.’”

Rev. 6:16: “They called to the mountains and the rocks, ‘Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!’”

Romans 11: “18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, ‘Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.’ 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either. … 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.”

Mark 9:49: “For every one shall be salted with fire.”