Urwrongx1000 & Ichthus77 on Change

Who is making more sense right now?

• Urwrongx1000
  • Ichthus77
  • I can see both sides.
0 voters

Let’s don’t let this discussion die.

In one sense the whole thing started complete and nothing changes. Nevermind if this is a fractal & so you can’t trace back to a single point of origin—you’re not talking about the kalam cosmological argument, so it’s irrelevant.

In a moment-to-moment sense matter and energy are conserved (sustained). I don’t know enough to tell you with certainty if a “new/distinct” universe exists in each and every full moment (B Theory of time, every moment, past and future, is real and not just ideal) or if the same universe is sustained (A Theory of time) in only the current moment, leaving other moments, past and future, empty (ideal versus real).

If Einstein is right, no matter how you slice it up, for beings subject to time (Kant’s language), the whole timeline is real/full, not just now.

If they’re not, there is (real, not “just” ideal—for beings subject to time) only the moment we share, and (ALSO IF THEY’RE NOT) everything contacted in this moment “AS IF” it were from another moment is “only” contacting God’s mind (the “as if” is still ideal and “not yet” real).

And there’s no way you can’t say the same thing about the current moment, sans the “not yet”.

Either way, the moments are sustained (intentional) inexistence (existing in) God’s mind — but, all that is not in line with his will is for the purpose of contrast/destruction—a lesser form (privation) of being/existence that will not be sustained forever (granted this began complete and God doesn’t forget—forgive, yes—forget is phenomenological language). Since God can and does turn everything back to good, even the privation can be used for his purposes. Nothing is wasted… antagonism is required for growth.

The “change” (for beings subject to time) happens like a Linnaean taxonomy/dialectic (described by Hegel, if you allow for backward/away steps in the individual/community, but all of the times/movements are sustained in Time/immovable that is complete). Just like the Venn that describes God’s being (Trinity) is complete, whereas the Venn that describes our being (in his image) can undergo transformation.

He always sustains and sometimes intervenes with his own changes (for beings subject to time), but the whole thing/timeline is finished in his mind (at least ideal if A Theory and not sustained real-ideal B Theory). Nothing surprises him. (Oversimplification when applied to incarnation of the Son in time.)

Supplementary:

Can’t C theory make B theory an idea in God’s mind, and A theory is how God actualizes each moment?

How else is God going to know us before creation? The plan begins complete.

facebook.com/reasonablefait … 148897260/

But I have a feeling that because we are beings subject to time, there’s something about the physics and how it interacts with (exists in) God’s substance that we are just not going to wrap our heads around. I think it should not be overlooked that Dr. Craig acknowledges that God is not a being subject to time. That’s how he’s able to begin (or at least sustain) the universe from beyond it. I don’t understand why Dr. Craig doesn’t combine Liebniz’ cosmological argument with the B Theory. That’s why I think B Theory (or C Theory) is not too far-fetched, but if B Theory is the only thing that works with a fractal, I’m going with that. Obviously this is something I just feel and I could be wrong.

I know, I know… TL;DR.

Cycles repeat until you change something that you normally do. What do you normally do that repeats a cycle that you don’t want to repeat? Change that. Get it out of your reach. Remove antecedents. Replace it with better stuff. You don’t think you’re free to change that? Talk about it. There are people who might have some ideas about that. We’re not meant to sharpen ourselves all by ourselves…unless we have no other choice. But we do.

This discussion originated from here:

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 5#p2893465

Have not had time to preview sent reference, but something tells me of secondary significance.

Caution against mixing media, for the light of reason breaking through may be misinterpreted as an emission from within rather than beyond it, and even that beyond the without.

It is like how to say pro typical of : Meno’s Paradox. ( not meno_’s)

Takes one to know one?

Now that’s quite a vaporistic/vamporistic allusion

If you say so.

As if?

Or_ what if??

Jesus loves us, weather or not invertedly related, in-versely, inadvertedly , inadvertently…
Well in some other way

What I say is representative of what anyone can say, what’s significant is not even that, but what is that which is beneath & above and and beyond the word.

That pretty much covers everything.

And that That includes even what’s beyond good and evil?
In the sense that there is some good in evil, some evil in good, but not within the absolute precognition thT sources a pregenitor to the Word, as if…

this is why Nietzche was used and abused to his full yet impotent knowledge.

We will all be salted with fire.

God is 100% good—the evil he allows (which is a privation of good and cannot exist on its own) does not taint or become treasured in his heart, just like the food a body eats does not make its spirit unclean, but passes through to become excrement. Say no to what does not belong in your heart.

Nietzsche is what happens when you say yes to everything but the Good. Say yes to the Good, and God will teach you how to tell the difference, including how to be merciful towards those who are still where you were before you learned. Nobody learns all there is to know all at once. Only one knows it all. The one who was begotten, not made.
cslewis.com/jesus-begotten-not-created/

life abundantly^

But who knows about Nietzsche? Maybe he finally got around to the point before the end :wink:

I think he always was on point, except he really didn’t think he could change the fate of the world, but found it essential to describe ir

The title of this thread is change.

Transformation.

Nietzsche was fond of it when it suited him. Y’know. Temple smashing, like suXi. Three metamorphoses.

He did not rise far enough over the internal conflicts/conditions to overcome/resolve them, and was unwilling to accept mercy or forgiveness or to accept human weakness/vulnerability/hunger as a good opportunity to meet eachother’s needs and not a bad sign of weakness of will (here again the contradiction of calling some drives stronger as if “being enslaved” was switched off with respect to them). God knows the mitigating factors. At least on paper (those two sentences don’t totally work, but moving on).

Contra Nietzsche, God does not want people to destroy themselves. He wants them to choose love and mercy—the image in which they are made—the reason for reason.

Even the nothing we think we have will be taken away if the light in us is darkness.

It is finished, but we choose to be a dragon or a knight. And there’s a wedding. The hard stuff gets to good stuff.

#maranatha <— fate you can love :wink:

Some (not all) prior thinking on related stuff:
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … =abstracta

To replace broken link:
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/search?q=abstracta%20%40Ichthus77%20order%3Alatest