Very vivid dream last night

I had a dream last night, and I’ve forgotten most of the context and content of the dream, but part of the dream was about a video game. An online modder was showing off some tools he made for players of the game to adjust lighting and add visual effects straight into the video game, to help them make sort of cinematic edits of the in-game content. He was showing it off with a demo piece, where he used his tools to enhance the intro video to a particular character.

I think this game was one of those games where there’s loads of heros with unique stories to choose from, maybe like League of Legends or something. The intro video he was doing was for a character that was a werewolf.

So, the video starts inside this guys 19th century european apartment. Dimly lit with nothing but a candle or two, piles of books and paper strewn everywhere. He bursts in, and he’s hyperventilating, holding his bleeding arm. He pulls his hand off to look at the damage - clearly a bite mark. He panicks for a second and looks around his room frantically, muttering “oh god oh god”, then he finds a place on the floor between his book piles, against the wall, to sit. The clock shows the time: 5 minutes past midnight.

He starts hallucinating - the walls are moving, the clock starts ticking just a little bit faster. He’s rubbing his face and his eyes, trying to come back into reality.

He says, “I know who i am. I know who i am. I know who i am.” Music builds up in the song, a deep drum line, a monotonous beat with some wandering high-gain bass guitar, barely audible. The clock ticks faster. To the beat, he repeats, “I know who i am. I know who i am. I know who i am.” This time his voice is a little bit deeper, starting to sound a bit distorted. The clock is bending, his face is warping. The beat goes on, faster and faster. “I know who i am. I know who i am. I know who i am.” Deeper, he’s beginning to sound like a monster now. The hands of the clock are spinning around now at an incredible speed. He’s getting harrier and harrier, his face is changing more, his ears, his legs. “I know who i am. I know who i am. I know who i am” in a very deep, gravelly distorted voice.

The beat and the speed of the clock and his panicking, darting eyes all crescendo until he passes out. When he wakes up, just a few minutes later, you can see the clock again. The time is 15 minutes past midnight. He leaves his apartment hastily, we see nothing of him but the silhouette of his now very-hairy arm as he rushes out the door.

We see his silhouette as he rushes through the streets, trying to get out of the city. He’s now fully in wolf form. He finds his way to the woods, makes it to the top of a hill, pauses, looks at himself and his surroundings, and he looks up to the full moon. He lifts his head up, points his nose to the sky, and he howls.

Sounds fun

_
Crikey… that was a good read, indeed.

gonna go ahead and interpret the howl as saying, “I know who I am.”

Interesting dream flannel.