Voting for Candidates in Order of Preference

I think anyone from any party should be able to choose candidates from any party, even during primaries, RATED IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE, to a) avoid “third party” candidates from muddying the waters and potentially getting your worst nightmare elected, b) avoid revotes of top tied candidates which may include your worst nightmare and count on the working person not having time to keep up on the situation.

Make it so. Snap your fingers. Cut red tape.

_
:open_mouth:

Why are you shocked?

this is called ranked choice voting and some places have it

its fine

:laughing: should be everywhere in every election & employers should make space for it like jury duty & voting should double as education on your leanings & that it’s ok not to lean with one-only party

I always vote for myself because I don’t want to have to take on the karma of someone besides me.

If you were actually elected, you would be responsible for more than just yourself—but not for their own responsibilities. So I’m not exactly sure what you’re talking about. Karma doesn’t exist. The only one who keeps score settled it, so we’re the only ones falsely charging ourselves and each other. Our job is to forgive/reconcile, and how that looks is that we balance the powers back to self=other.

I should start writing in self=other on all of my ballots. It’s not like my vote counts anyway.