What are you doing? (Part 1)

I met a dude last week who had a ninja h2. Fastest street legal bike in the world… record speed at 226mph. I got to ride it down the street and back but wasn’t able to get out on the interstate with it. I don’t blame him; if it were mine I’d do the same thing. You can take it around the corner BUT COME RIGHT BACK, man.this ain’t your daddy’s bobber you’re riding.

Thats Hemingway isn’t it? Not Churchill.
But then what modern bar-frequenter would know who Hemingway is.

The speed demons three…

imgur.com/a/epMEoFk

Ducati beside me and ninja behind.

putting up my sailboat for the winter, It’s got a rated top speed of 7.25 knots, but I’ve had it plaining out in a good blow at 10.9. That’s impressive for a 23 foot 3700 pound displacement hull if you didn’t know.

Those things are absurd. I remember when the zx1400 came out to beat the Hayabusa in the mid 2000s. We’ve come a long way since then.

Must feel nice.
I’ve only had the pleasure of sailing a few times, but it was delicious to have the vessel carve through the water at exactly the optimal angle. Once I crossed the North Sea in a 40 foot boat and was steering it, alone on deck at night, finding that precise angle. Just a few degrees would make an enormous difference. Thats a real vessel.

After having to give away far too much blood, over the last few days, I’m currently hoping that I don’t have to take myself off to A&E… I’m hoping that the tonne of Organic red, I drank yesterday, will top the deficit back up.

Sure… the orange in my Smirnoff should suffice then.

Now that’s not a new situation I find myself in, so this’ll be a breeze.

Please go and eat a steak dinner MagsJ, with spinach preferably.

On that note no one should have to live without spinach.

Seriously , though, I would rather immediately get a transfusion, after losing so much blood.
Some spinach and a steak may help pop eye , beat blue toe, but it takes balls to admit a less moderate approach.

Jakob: I’ve been eating plenty of foods on that list, but I don’t do cruciferi because they don’t do me, so no spinach for me, and I’ll save the vodka and orange for da weekend, ok. O:)

Meno: I don’t do transfusions… unless I’m dying and one of my family have to sign the form on my behalf because I physically can’t, and I’m not at that point… by far, so never had one… even though technically I should have. I’ll remember to take my iron supps daily, ok. :smiley:

So I recently pulled a job out from under the parasite I work for and cut him out. Straight ganked it from em, yo. Between me and the home owner. I rolled up on that shit like ghost recon. Nigga don’t even know I got it. Laminate flooring. Wouldn’t do it all the time - lotta crawling on the knees - but once in a while if the money’s right.

streamable.com/i29fw

Just finished watching ‘Live at The Apollo’ with Lenny Henry first up and MCing… the funniest he’s ever been… finger-on-the-pulse-jokes type stuff. :smiley:

It’s safe to say, that the lingering effects of this ^^^ are in full swing. :smiley:

…as was evident, from what I had been observing, here there and everywhere… the lingering effects finally seem to be on the wane now, so business as usual? :laughing:

Making 15 bean and ham soup and split pea and ham soup in two huge pots. 12 quarts of the bean and 8 quarts of split pea. I bought a 15 lb ham and took it over to my father in laws for dinner. Left him with some for scrambled eggs, some sandwiches and he froze a couple meals for later use. The rest we brought home.

This morning around 7:00 I trimmed down the ham and put the bones in a big pot to let simmer with some spices to make a nice broth. Last night I started soaking two bags of beans. And around 4:00 this afternoon I started chopping carrots, celery, potatoes and onions. Split the stock into the two pots and added the veggies and beans to one pot, and the veggies and peas to the other pot and got them simmering. I just cubed up a good portion of the left over ham and added it to the two pots added some more spice and left them on the heat. They’ll need to simmer for another two hours or so before I can cool them down and dish it into quart jars for freezing. I love soup in the winter and winter is coming. This time of the year if I run out of steam I can set the pots out on the deck as the night time temps are around 40 degrees F. and it keeps them refrigerator cool until morning when I can finish up the process. We share a few jars with the wife’s dad and a couple more with an elderly neighbor, and we end up with about 6 quarts of the bean and 6 of the split pea. Our neighbor likes the bean but not the split pea.

We have a big old chest freezer in the basement and it’s always stocked with veggies from our garden meat from the butcher and soups we make along the way. The freezer is on a power back up as it’s always stocked with about 3-4 months of food. If there were ever a need we be all set.

Come Halloween I’ll be making an old family favorite that has been a tradition since I was a kid. Beef knuckle bone soup in the 12 quart pot. Mom use to have it hot on the stove so when we got home from trick or treat, there was a hot meal waiting before we went out for a second round. Those were the days. Soup is such a good meal when the snow starts to fly and the nights get down near zero. I can stop at the bakery on the way home from work and get a nice loaf of bread and get dinner on in a jiffy.

I’ll have a bowl of that, if you don’t mind.

Well come on over, would you like a nice chunk of warm bread with that? I’ll go open a nice bottle of wine too.

Carpenter-Cam, episode 27

streamable.com/5uwdv

So I’m here eating at a kind of outdoor patio bar/restaurant, right. At the table to my left four college chicks are drinking beers and cavorting. One of em yells across the table at me; ‘hey, can we ride your crotch rocket?’ (bikes parked behind me).

Now I was not at all prepared for this… and I said the unthinkable; ‘dont you want to ride my motorcycle first?’

Now they knew they shoulda seen that coming. They practically handed it to me. Fortunately they were good spirited, laughed heartily, and everything worked out fine.

LSU hasn’t beaten Alabama since before I made this thread. Right now Alabama is ranked #1 and LSU #2. Could be a good one this year. I’ve got tickets to the homecoming game in Tuscaloosa and to the Iron Bowl in Auburn this year. Good stuff.