What are you doing? (Part 1)

Straight up man, wouldn’t you see yourself living there without a care in the world?

Y’all got some retarded ass beautiful country up there in the States. Truly blessed.

Some crazy hippie. She’s in France now somewhere picking walnuts.

But sometimes life just puts all the little things together.

i could live there and only worry about cheese and wine.

and yes the US has more scenery than most people really understand. i did this whole trip with the gps set to avoid interstates until i was coming back through wyoming.

i think ive driven through all but about 10 states. its a lot to take in.

I’ve always been very clear on it.

People just don’t think cause it’s too much to figure you have one of the richest countries ever to exist and some of the most beautiful landscape that exists.

madness

You haven’t even hit the south.

Truly, fucking beautiful shit up there.

We used to go to Vermont, me and the family, and sometimes we would do that avoiding highways thing, and just that tiny little piece of land will already blow your mind. In autumn.

Who knows, maybe I’ll see some of it some day.

Canada has some beautiful stuff too, but it’s too damn cold, there’s a tendency towards pine tree monotony.

Still and all, seeing an endless sea of pine is an experience its own.

man im from the south. ive driven to key west like a dozen times. all up the mid-atlantic coast, mountains from tennessee to west virginia, north and south carolina, louisiana, texas, you name it.

on my route to denver i went to new orleans and a friend flew in from houston to stay with me there, then we drove from there to her place in houston, then after a week or so i left and took i10 along the border all the way to el paso, then up through taos and on to denver. those sierra blancas and all of west texas are both legendary.

I’d like to see Texan dust some day. Go to Arizona. Tombstone.

But like half of Texas is actually lush forest, right?

ive only made it as far as connecticut on the east coast.

colorado is the same with the frigid temps. denver is at 5200 feet and gets real cold, but most of the good shit to do is in the mountains. you can get up to 8k feet pretty quick around here and it’s like a fucking blizzard up there for half the year. there’s already a shit ton of snow. i had to turn around and abort a trip 2 weeks ago to leadville because a storm rolled in and started dumping snow faster than they could plow it.

texas is bigger than most countries and has all kinds of landscapes. ive been up, down and sideway across that fucker too many times. arizona is mostly desert, but all kinds of desert. i dunno if ive been to tombstone but ive been across it a few times and down a lot of route 66 there so you can get out to the middle of nowhere fast. fill up the gas tank every time you see a station.

Jesus.

Anybody can visit but you are actually from there.

i remember driving across utah in the 90s and all i had on this whole trip, like 5000 miles in total was this one led zeppelin tape and i got tired of it and turned on the radio instead.

then started talking and the radio went out and i hit the seek button to find another station and for several hours there were just no radio stations at all. the shit came back on out of nowhere when it finally had one. some real remote shit. utah is a highly underrated state when it comes to finding wilderness type shit.

there are places there where there is literally no sound and if you get really quiet you can just hear the hum of your own body and nothing else. it’s crazy man.

i was born and raised in birmingham alabama.

Would like to see me that desert.