What is love?

Removed for insincerity

Yes it is, a return , toward literally toward the believably simple affection, wearing only such masks as Byron and Tennison wore, cause even without them it would be faithful representations.

Later , with the ideal paradigm fades do mask have to recast for the sake of progenitor audiences, bless’em

Love = imprinting.
Loss of identity, facilitating self-sacrifice.

Eros = imprinting and self-intoxication…making the intrusive experience of intercourse enjoyable.

Love is a necessary part of heterosexual and social survival and reproductive strategies.

Agape = rational connation based on common objective and values - shared habits, culture, methods, attitudes, demeanours.

Love is not… when expected to reciprocate love from those that care very-little about the actual ‘you’ contained within the external exterior that is you and what you might be/are, going through. That kinda person ain’t so easy to love… so not at all.

This is the kind of deontology, with which we could both play with underground tossing the ball back and forth- but need careful and appropriate regress from the last man to toward the first, only stopping for some eidetic chat on the way down, thank you

MagsJ Meno_ wrote
MagsJ wrote
Meno_ wrote
Now, in fact when they look down to me I know when they look down I meet their gaze with longing through love

To you, love is… longing?

…a yearning, I’d say.

Yes it is, a return , toward literally toward the believably simple affection, wearing only such masks as Byron and Tennison wore, cause even without them it would be faithful representations.

Later , with the ideal paradigm fades do mask have to recast for the sake of progenitor audiences, bless’em

MagsJ writes :

Love is not… when expected to reciprocate love from those that care very-little about the actual ‘you’ contained within the external exterior that is you and what you might be/are, going through. That kinda person ain’t so easy to love… so not at all.

meno replies:

“ yes true, but, a masques ball would be more appropriate a description, when most participants need a double masked persona: one reflecting how one would like to be seen, and the other where the same person could hide his inner core, even if he does not see that himself routinely, or one where few would want to see, for not believing there is anything underneath the outside one anyway.

Dimwits and midwits need the mystification of concepts for them to remain true to them.

Such mystifications erode over time, exposing their vacuousness…then the dimwit/midwit rebels, losing trust in everything he once considered certain.

the mind sustaining everything won’t let us forget — unless S/he knows we want/need to

Do you?

My guide is aletheia…un-forgetting.

Those that need to forget to endure existence do not belong on a philosophy forum or in any discussion concerned with reality.

No. Those are the very folks who need philosophy the most.

Haddaway - What Is Love [Official]
The conventional official narrative…

Dr. … Leo … Marvin … !
youtu.be/w_bxkVFK3Wc

Is this what you would say to the above people, Lorikeet?
Do you not think that at times we need to take a little vacation time from our minds, to take a few moments of breathing and forgetting about the chaos within us?

Those who will practice amor fati might just end up losing their minds in trying to be so strong.

Anyway, I tend to agree with Ichthus - those are the ones who need philosophy in their lives…but I would start with baby steps, maybe a little Marcus Aurelius - not Freddy.

Is this - supposedly - a philosophy forum?
What are you people doing here, if you do not care to know the truth?

There are two kinds of hypocrites:
The ones that know they are lying; the ones that believe in their own lies, to make their lying more effective.
are you lying to yourself, dear?
Are you really interested in reality, or in finding ways to cope with it?

There are plenty of forums focused on self-medicating…and justifying the bullshyte they all consider self-evident.
Why are you here?

This, if nothing else, is a den of insanity.
Philosophy is nowhere in this forum.
What you people ‘love’ is not philosophy it is socializing, sharing, communicating your personal delusions…
Philosophy requires a level of objectivity you people are incapable of.

And?
Is this a warning to not think objectively?
I already know the costs and risks, dear.
Few minds have the courage and constitution to be objective.
It drives men insane…seeing the truth.

How long can an adult discuss what is already overcome among the few?

We might as well debate Abraham’s god forever.
Why?
Because some need absolute evidence…omniscient level proof…before they abandon that lollipop.
It’ll even happen.
So, you prefer to stay here…forever treading the same bullshyte, because…you never know, right?
No advancement…ideas like ‘love’ and ‘morality’ and ‘will’ will remain eternally unresolved, because there is no god and nobody can be omniscient.

Lorikeet.

I feel sorry for you. You know why? Because you wasted a good mind. Your mind.

Arcturus is a decent person.

Also lorikeet. You seem to think proof through contradiction requires omniscience.

No. It just requires the most extreme example: if it’s false you know the truth.

For example: we need to exist in order for us to be on ILP.

That’s how mathematicians make proofs all over the universe.

Someday lorikeet you’re going to look at yourself and realize the simple stuff is over your head.

I called you stupid not because I believe that. I do think you have a mental handicap…. More than that, very little experience.

I wanted you just for a moment understand how word hells work. You probably haven’t been to real hells, just emotional ones.

When I analyze and feel people. I think to myself, “this might be a peer”

If they screw up, I consider that they have a tic disorder.

I can even get them to admit it.

My Old man, had a tic disorder, back in the early sixties, he smoked and drank a lot, and after out twice a week around the inner city lake, I saw his tick and about no longer then six months after that, he left again and married another woman, saw him a few times after that and he was very old by then maybe 80-85.

After he died I felt my heart pounding, and his wife wrote to me after a hectic workday and said your dad died, he couldn’ understand why you changed your name

His wife doesenT think much about you not coming to him before he passed,

He was found in the posture of Jesus on the cross.

Lorikeet,

believe that we all lie to ourselves at times and I would not believe you if you said that you never lie to yourself?

Above all, I am interested in reality but I do not see why the answer cannot be both at times. I see nothing wrong with finding healthy, harmless ways to cope with reality when need be. There would seem to be some forms of reality which just might need healthy coping mechanisms. I do not smoke, drink, take drugs. I walk and think and pray and read people who know and understand reality and the human condition

Are you human, Lorikeet? lol

For instance, give me an example of the latter?

Why are YOU here?
You seem to think that you know everything about what “real” truth is, that it is so easy to find.
Is that really such an easy question to answer? Why are you here?
It might differ at different moments.