what Marxism really is.....

:laughing:

Someone get this lad a lollipop.

Well then, that rather proves I’m not a Marxist doesn’t it? Maybe I just arrived at a similar thought independently? A sort of all for one, cause we are a social species? Live in groups? Practice civilization, require air, water, food, and a space, to survive in common.

You know, like if a child is born with a brain defect that can be traced to a pollutant specific to a manufacturer, then that child is not to blame. But you bought the product too not aware. Every fuckin’ thing not that child, is responsible. They call that being an accessory to the crime.

Start the list here:

Mowk

It is hard to live with myself.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a participating capitalist. I sell my time as labor for income. But my wife is on a salary for her participation. There’s a difference to the “working class”. And then there are those like my brother, was a trader on the stock market. Made some good money. Taxes and audits didn’t help him out. He always complained that you can’t beat after hours trades. He did end up broke trying. And then he finds out about cross country fiber optic networks that can transmit information faster then wired transmission can. A whole bunch of robots play the in between gamble. Less then a third of a second distinguishes the information transmittal yet billions of dollars are made of the difference. Just what part of the gross domestic product does that contribute to? What is parasite and what is producer?

“I sell my time as labor for income”

That’s mowkxism, not capitalism. A capitalist sells the product of another’s labor, not his own. And even if he sold the product of his own labor, what he got in exchange - the amount of money - would not be a ‘profit’, because a profit here is defined as an amount of money gained from the sale of something that cost less than that number. If this happens, you have a profit. But if the person who produces something, keeps the entire sale amount, that number reflects the value of his labor directly and he profits nothing.

You gotta make money from a source of labor you dont generate yourself, to be a capitalist. In marxist typology we refer to these as a species of economic parasite, as its actual behavior resembles that of a parasitic organism.

Unless you invented every carpentry technique you make money from…

I call bullshit.

No, it doesn’t. It only means you have a weak stomach.

What makes you a Marxist is not thirst for blood, though that tends to develop if you pursue it seriously. What makes you a Marxist is, well, let’s just summarize it as resentment.

You agree with the ends. That means you agree with the fundamental thesis of Marx. That means you are a Marxist.

Of course, if the manufacturer didn’t know either, then the manufacturer isn’t to blame either.

But that isn’t important. Because if you look into any of these stories (actually 100% of the ones I have looked into, but hey don’t take my word as proof), it tends to be hearsay and lies. What’s important is that the narrative of evil scrooge poisons child feeds your resentment, and guarantees your support.

warm fuzzy feelings I was mentioning. not trying to attack you here, you recently did some things that earned my respect. But them’s the cards.

you know why people don’t just hire any ole dumbass they find in the street
to do their home improvement?
care to try to elaborate an answer to that?

Because they’re suburban housewives?

Like the tobacco industry didn’t only know it, but crossed strains to increase the addictive ingredients. Engineers waste, don’t provide the parts to fix it, deny the parts so it must be replaced and the hulk of it ends up in a landfill. Batteries, florescent lights, electronics, It seems the manufacturer of a product would have the capacity to recycle the materials that are used in it’s manufacture. If I’m a Marxist you’re a prick.

Fine, I’ll be a prick, as long as you admit you’re a Marxist.

But fuck it, let’s take your points one by one. Again, it will have no effect, because what matters is the narrative, the warm fuzzy feelings, and those can’t be retorted to with reason:

1. Tobacco: was grown, sold and smoked for centuries before cancer was even understood. When issues with lungs and cancer started arising, significant counterarguments were made in the medical profession, as with all powerful herbs and drugs. We all know alcohol hurts our minds and livers, but we still like it to be for sale in case we want it. Don’t be a coward.

2. Products are made significantly cheaper and more convenient. Because of this, they are not as sophisticated as more expensive and less accessible options that provide ease of repair and parts replacement. Of course, then you have cases like Ford, which makes broken cars on purpose, which they can get away with because of the effective monopoly millions of regulations and tariffs give it.

3. You are sad that your fucking light bulb isn’t, like, super green friendly and recyclable, but billions of families appreciate an affordable lighting source. Maybe you’re the prick.

Yeah I can be a prick that way, but it is resentment well earned. Not quite, how I ever heard Marxism, in summary., but I’ve have had limited exposure. I agree with a lot of Bucky Fuller, Albert Einstein and Frank Lloyd Wright as well. And I’m still the most fond of folk music. You likely conflate the thinking with an era.

I sure wish you’d example something I could respect.

I’m not your role model son.

I’m the guy telling you what my signature says. And to be honest for once. Even if that is not encouraged in leftists circles.

For instance, you did not reply to any of my points. You just stated that you are a very righteous individual, and that your feelings are too warm and fuzzy to be lies.

You don’t have opinions. You have slogans.

What does not replying to your throw backs have to do with honesty, when your questions are so immature? With out responding to the question I asked, you respond with, well what about Joe? And you want me to think you example intellectual honesty?

I have thirty years on you… minds change. Hope you aren’t as hard on yourself after all all those years.

My profile has signatures turned off, so I’ll have to take your word for it.

This is too important.

1. Yes it was, and grown naturally. Yet that addiction rate, when realized, wasn’t enough, so they cross bred it to increase the nicotine content. And by then they were precisely aware of its use and it’s links to cancer, emphysema, and COPD, essentially cultivating addiction. And now, this capitalistically driven government taxes the shit out of kt, and claims the tax is used for education and smoking cessation programs when the bulk of the tax, on both the state and federal levels goes to the general fund to pay for the government. That’s just wrong, even if you weren’t making tons of profit.

2. I think you missed the point here. You say “Products are made significantly cheaper and more convenient”. They are significantly cheaper, as in both being “cheap goods” and being less expensive, cause the labor is done in communist China. You think some politics moved all those jobs to China? Cheap labor and a higher profit margin moved those jobs. Capitalists moved those jobs.

And waste, billions of tons of it. Land in the US of A costs way too much now to be used for landfills. We now contract with third world countries to “recycle” our waste. They just leave it piled where it was dropped as they lack the infrastructure to actually “recycle” any of it. It ends up floating in the Ocean. But that belongs to the capitalist as well right, so they can do what ever will make them a profit, and they deny it just like you.

And let’s not forget Volkswagen… for intentionally fucking with how the vehicles reported emissions. And capitalism has made the incentive all about profit. It cheapens everything.

Or Coke a Cola, these brave pioneers actually put cocaine in a soft drink cause they thought it would sell more Coke. Now there’s the capitalist spirit you gotta just love.

I am sad, because mammalian life is choking on our trash in their home. I’m sad cause coal miners are still getting black lung and the coal tailing are killing the fish and every thing else down river. And how ignorant are the billions of families without a choice in the matter but to buy the products, capitalists see value in. Car graveyards, square miles of them. A million window panels of glass end up in the dump cause you gotta have your windows updated, look at all that money you’d be saving. Cause we can just throw it away. When we are done with it we should return it in the condition it was found. A Scout never leaves a campsite in worse condition then it was found. Capitalists do that every moment.

I reject every one of your responses as dishonest, intellectually and morally.

When I was born, no one issued me a license of ownership to fuck the planet up. From what I’ve put together I do not agree with Marx on two counts. We shouldn’t co-own the means of production, and we shouldn’t co-own the earth as part of that means. Individuals should own their own contributions, but they shouldn’t be allowed to own the earth or it’s resources. What is gold worth? No one should own any part of the earth. Property taxes amount to a lease on the land. I don’t own the land my house is on, I lease it for the property tax I pay the government. I shouldn’t have to pay any more for it because I’ve improved the structure that rests upon it. It is still the same amount of land. And I can’t do anything I want to it. And neither should a capitalist. Oil spills, nuclear power plant melt downs. Yeah, just buck up to it citizen, us capitalists got you covered. Same old same old lies.

So yeah, I saw a few features in you that looked interesting, but the package deal ain’t worth it. Where can I find the customer service and returns counter.

So does alcohol. So does weed, come to think of it. And because they have no filters, they are actually more cancerous.

People want their nicotine. Who gave your pansy self righteous ass the right to stop them?

Yes, asshole, a lot of people that would otherwise starve or had to spend 4 fucking hours washing a load of clothes now can afford not to. The entire point of the free markets is that things are cheaper.

Your first world piece of shit ass doesn’t care about not being able to afford things, because your capitalist compatriots have made life so that you could not want for anything if you never worked another day in your life.

My cousin used to have this really funny saying: “A cardboard box in the streets of New York is more valuable real estate than a mansion in Caracas.”

You fucking dork. Where is your outrage then at Bolivian farmers who chew coca leaves?

Again, “people can starve to death as long as the pretty flowers get to grow.” You piece of shit.

And stop it with that “thirty years on you” shit. It isn’t true. Don’t make me go there.

Also, you ignorant anti-science piece of shit, there is no such thing as “grown naturally.” All crops, including tobacco, have been selected for and altered for millenia.

Read a goddamn book.