What's for dinner?

_
Half of a roasted spatchcocked pheasant, with a carrot, parsnip, and celery infused gravy. The remainder, to be consumed for dinner tomorrow.

I will finally get to use my new multi-cooker tomorrow, when my meat box arrives tomorrow in the post… a kilo of diced goat, wild pigeon, and pheasant. It will be used for the goat… marinated over night, then cooked until tender soft.

I plan to make monthly/two monthly orders from the online meat shop… I’m not sure of what frequency of ordering, I’ll need yet.

_
A roasted spatchcocked wood pigeon… served with roasted carrots, and an Organic rosé to go with…

The wood pigeon is tiny, so there’s a quartered roasted pheasant on standby, if I need more sustenance later.

_
Curried goat, served with basmati rice and maybe some vegetable or other…

Currently tenderising in lemon water for half-an-hour, then marinading in herbs and spices for an hour, before stewing until soft.

_
Yesterday’s dinner, was the same as the previous day’s, but followed by Schär crispbread crackers and a selection of soft cheeses.

Yes… I can now eat cheese, and crackers, without having to antihistamine-it up, first.
Progress!

Today, I’ll be making a chicken-curry dinner… once I return from an early-evening eye-test appointment.

This was dinner today… I ate the scraps from yesterday’s goat/basmati rice ensemble as a starter today, so had gf crackers and an unprocessed cheese ensemble for dinner. The chicken curry will prevail, tomorrow. :wink:

_
Sweet-potato & brie mash, topped with 3 fried-eggs…
It was surprisingly yummy and satiating.

What to have tomorrow…?
Dinners of late have been… Indic-style meat curries, prawn pad Thais, meat casseroles, roast chicken n vegetables, goose legs à l’orange, roasted pigeon, roast Guinea fowl, pheasant, various cheeses with maize crackers, meat n vegetable broths, omelettes, sometimes an orange, sometimes nothing…

_
Prosecco, and crisp-breads with Brie… a very light dinner, I know. :slight_smile:

I’d been tucking into chicken curry n rice for the last few days, and beef curries n rice prior to that…

_
…made the worst carrot soup in my entire existence, thus far… the flavours just didn’t mesh well and blend together to form a final cohesive flavour - I’ll let it sit, until tomorrow, and revisit it.

I’ll save my palate for a T-bone-steak-and-wine brunch… or some similar meat, tomorrow. :icon-rolleyes:

How can carrot soup go so wrong! :neutral_face:

Maybe you can save it with some chicken broth?

It sure needs something to save it, and I ain’t talking about prayer here.

Yes, chicken… definitely chicken… pastured, so more flavourful.

I tried to make squash soup once.

Squash soup is a terrible thing, and an illustration of the hopless tragedy that is Canadian cuisine.

Smoked oysters out of can and chocolate cake.washed down with hot water with a slice of lemon.

It’s the best in the middle of a fast meal I’ve tasted in a long time.

_
@Pedro… I gave up on saving the soup, and flushed it down the toilet a few days later instead… I thought it not worth anymore of my time and effort spent on it.

@Meno… canned smoked oysters and chocolate cake, to break a fast mid-way? how very decadent of you… who you trimming up for? :wink:
__
I’ve taken a month (…probably more) off, from doing weights, to alleviate the accruing musculoskeletal stress from my workouts, so time to start up the weights again some time this week… until such a time may arrive that I’ll need a next break, though I may not need a next break. A permanent paleo/keto eating-regimen, keeps my gains/weight in permanent good stead/in permanent check… respectively, so that I never have to think or worry about my daily food and drink consumption. #BeastMode! :smiley: lol.

I am with You on the workouts MagsJ, went back finally the gym reopened after a year closure. Surprisingly I kept my normal weight, but fora month now my regular eating habits have been disrupted since my oral surgery about two weeks ago.

Have You ever been on a fast, though?

Last time, years ago went on one, just to test my resilience and after 13 days and 12 hours I caved in. It was grueling , to say the least.

If you mean 24hr or long Lenten fasts, then yes… though I’ve unintentionally fasted for days at a time when I lost my appetite, or for weeks on end during the height of my fatigue when I couldn’t get out of bed let alone cook or eat… bad times / very dark days.

Dinner for me yesterday, and also to be today’s… T-bone steak seared with a Camembert topping, served with a steamed courgette side… no! make that a celeriac and lettuce colcannon side, today… couldn’t finish it all… now following dinner with half an orange, from yesterday.

_
…a simple Brie n crispbread and a very large mug of black tea, dinner… having had my eggs n coffee breakfast whilst on the phone with my ISP for over an hour, helping me reconnect to the internet, it’s already been a very long day… especially as I was also on the phone after that, chasing-up unresolved requests.

So an early night for me, with an orange and water supper… and the internet. :laughing:

Sometimes you gotta.

_
…walked all the way up the high-street, to go buy some food supplies for the cat and I, and as I was at the till I realised that I’d left my card at home… I left the store, leaving the items at the till, and will duplicate the process tomorrow… this time with card in tow.

So today’s dinner, being… sweet-potato and celeriac soup. :stuck_out_tongue:

…the soup was made and had, the remainder of which was used as a base for the chicken and courgette broth that I just made and devoured just now. Yesterday’s courgette-omelette and Saturday’s lamb-loin chops and vegetable were equally good.

The soup tasted better x 10, 3 days on.

Buying a blackcurrant jam to top the cheese with was a bad idea… it’s high FODMAP and so triggered my PFS… the Net said a marmalade is best, so marmalade it is… the inflammation is already on its way out, and I’ll live to see another day.

_
…a vegetable-omelette and celeriac & lettuce colcannon (mash).

What to have, tomorrow. :-k