Why Do We Cooperate with / Are We … _________?

The Beatles’ “Revolution” has a line that says, “But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain’t going to make it with anyone anyhow.” Chairman Mao, who led China from 1949 to 1976, may have descended from the Hmong, but his minority heritage was concealed like the race-effacing managerial leaders Cornell West mentioned. He was sheltered by the Hmong before he became Chairman, and so he fought for them as Chairman. This was good news for the Hmong in Laos, but bad news for victims of the Khmer Rouge’s Cambodian genocide supported by Chairman Mao when Pol Pot was the prime minister of Cambodia. That was because they both believed in a communist revolution. Those beliefs led to the deaths of 45 million people in Chairman Mao’s “Great Leap Forward” policy between 1958 and 1962, as well as the deaths of 1.5 to 2 million people in Pol Pot’s Cambodian genocide from 1975 to 1979–nearly a quarter of Cambodia’s population. What sent the Hmong fleeing from Laos to the United States and elsewhere were the “Secret Wars” of China and U.S. CIA support to thwart advances of the North Vietnam army into Laos. Chairman Mao helped Laos because he did not want to struggle with Vietnam for power in the region. Some folks are still confused why it appears the U.S. helped Chairman Mao. The same U.S. that was funding “gain of function” research in the Wuhan lab in China prior to the Covid-19 pandemic. The same “gain of function” research we were and are funding on U.S. soil:

npr.org/sections/goatsandso … ndividuals

Double dealing based on shifting political alliances material and pure logistical dialectics here as out of both national and international-allowances, by simply redefining their terms, as the winds change course, according to respective advantages gained.

That reaffirms my proposition of wielding the doubled blade to either:

Unite to stand or divide to fall

Divided for decades: pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 … k-decades/

Standing is falling. We need to square dance… meet in the middle… defend common ground… make sure no landmines…

See Global Manifesta thread.

• Lil ol me

More complicated backstory:
thecollector.com/war-in-lao … n-history/

OP revised:

Revolution by The Beatles has a line that says, “But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain’t gonna make it with anyone anyhow.” Chairman Mao, who led China from 1949 to 1976, may have descended from the Hmong, but his minority heritage was concealed like the race-effacing managerial leaders Cornell West mentioned. He was sheltered by the Hmong before he became Chairman, and so he fought for them as Chairman. This was good news for some of the Hmong in Laos, but bad news for victims of the Khmer Rouge’s Cambodian genocide supported by Chairman Mao when Pol Pot was the prime minister of Cambodia. That was because they both believed in a communist revolution. Those beliefs led to the deaths of 45 million people in Chairman Mao’s “Great Leap Forward” policy between 1958 and 1962, as well as the deaths of 1.5 to 2 million people in Pol Pot’s Cambodian genocide from 1975 to 1979–nearly a quarter of Cambodia’s population. What sent the Hmong fleeing from Laos to the United States and elsewhere was “The Secret War” of China and U.S. CIA support to thwart advances of the North Vietnam army by redirecting them into Laos, resulting in the loss of 10% of the Laos population. Note the historic handshake between Chairman Mao and Richard Nixon in 1972 that turned Taiwan’s leadership away from retaking the mainland of China to developing Taiwan instead. Chairman Mao and the U.S. CIA “helped” Laos because Chairman Mao did not want to struggle with Vietnam for power in the region. Some folks are still confused why it appears the U.S. helped Chairman Mao with Vietnam and Taiwan, and used Laos in “The Secret War” to redirect North Vietnam fighting.

More backstory:

yahoo.com/video/nixon-mao-h … 00562.html

In other news…

Houthi rebels in Yemen are backed by Iran. We helped Saudi Arabia in Yemen … accused of warcrimes. Yemen starving in part due to halted imports from Ukraine. We’re still there dealing with Al Qaeda & ISIS (apparently).

amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/03/02/opin … index.html

China sponsored this initiative:
crisisgroup.org/middle-east … di-iranian

Saudi Arabia & the U.S. on Sudan:

reuters.com/world/africa/us … 023-05-28/

Find Yemen below the green GGC I’m still hearing is dead.

I dunno, man.
AC70FE18-8EE8-4143-AC00-3441E55035CF.png

stuff
290D1DE1-E823-4F5D-BD2C-6273F6E5A388.jpeg
758F7114-9417-490E-83B0-EBEC1C26A839.jpeg

At the rate we’re going, we’re collapsing internally. Brief review of the post-9/11 situation: Our runaway economy artificially reduces supply to jack up demand pricing & then (if gaslighting about not working hard enough fails) triages the casualties with emergency-use-authorized ventilator meds on a global scale that would make a Nazi blush. Reminds me of how our current VP turned around and accused those who exposed the trafficking of baby parts (for research, sometimes in cosmetics) of doing the very thing they exposed. Reminds me of how Janet Napolitano, then secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, began in 2009 to include veterans of Iraq & Afghanistan in “Operation Vigilant Eagle”. I wouldn’t doubt if the IRS scandal referred to in this 2014 vid is a “wing” of that operation that so far (feel free to “fact check”) just keeps getting worse: fb.watch/mNFcFewnf4/?mibextid=qC1gEa And apparently “We don’t negotiate with terrorists” is now “We fist bump terrorists” (Biden & a Saudi crown prince). But that’s been true since Nixon shook Mao’s hand. No wonder they want to exit to Mars & beyond & don’t even try to improve the crap they will inevitably carry with them.

Today we remember the security measures sparked by 9/11 that were talked about in Ethics books when I was still approaching my first A.A., and that we should be talking about the global governmental overreach of the Covid response—talked about, but not in textbooks—when I was finishing my B.A.

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 9#p2894989

Do you think insider trading of the weapons industry before Hamas struck Israel included folks upset with (or benefiting from) how Israel equipped Azerbaijan against the Armenians?