You have to be stupid to believe in God.

You have to be stupid to believe in God.
And god did that on purpose!!!
[i]
1 Corithians 1

Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”[/i]

So here we see the beginnings of antisemitism and anti intellectualism inherent in Christianity.
Not only does this insult jews but also anyone who intelligently asks questions about faith.

Verse 28 Literally says that god is stupid to confuse intelligent people. Maybe he wants only idiots to follow, because they are more compliant?

psychologytoday.com/us/blog … e-atheists

Jews believe in God.

Therefore Sculptor is an Anti-Semite.

Retard.

That verse is just saying he can do miracles with what the world considers nothing or a lost cause. It’s like a football game that you stopped watching, but it turned around when you weren’t looking and the ones you thought were going to lose ended up winning. It’s like bringing a camel through the eye of the needle. Davids taking down Goliaths. Tables of money changers turning in temples. Master dying for slaves turned friends. Live even if you die. First=Last. Self=Other. Do good on the sabbath. Antitheses to synthesis. Widow’s mite = fortune.

Like a philosopher poet God. Jesus wrote it in his own blood. Jesus & Paul … both Jewish. Both reasoned in the synagogues & with Jewish & Roman leaders and regular folk. Paul even reasoned at Athens. Was educated by Gamaliel. Def not antiintellectual. Read my Good News of the Kingdom thread (all Jesus’ evergreen words in a way that flows) and compare to Plato’s Republic. Jesus & Paul were/are smarties.

It’s more like a mental illness, like a kid that has an invisible friend that he talks to all the time. You know, the one that the parents take to a Shrink to find out if the kid is mentally ill and if there is anything that can be done to help the kid.

Or, in some cases, the person doesn’t really believe, they just pretend to believe in order to scam money from other people. More like a fraudster than mentally ill. Not to be confused with stupid. Knowingly scaming money is not stupidity, it’s corruption and fraud!

#-o

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You can always be relied on to make a completely fucking arse of yourself.

=D> =D> =D>

It says one or two things.

My main point was this passage:

27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him.

This is a pathetic defence against reason. THe author, unable to counter smart people’s objections pretends the advantage to the stupid.

In this matter I must disagree… the fact is that
for most people, they are religious because they were
“raised” “educated” “indoctrinated” whatever word you care
to use into being religious…belief in god isn’t a genetic
thing but was indoctrinated into you…

It was noted back in the Ancient Greek times, not quite sure
who said it, but that the gods resembled the people who believed
in it, thus the Greeks believed in gods that looked the Greeks and the
Ethiopians believed in gods that looked like them and the
Egyptians believed in gods that looked like them…we don’t
resemble the gods, they resemble us…I wasn’t raised in a very
religious household, thus most of us kids, we don’t believe in god,
with one notable exception, a sister… but within families that
were raised with a religion, most of the members of that family
do believe in god… it all depends on how you were raised…
which is in part, in which society you were born into, your birth economic
status,. the race you were born into, the when and where
of our birthplace…the state, society, the media, the church…
all factors in whether one is religious, or not…

so the question, as Nietzsche correctly pointed out is this,
the beliefs that you hold, are they actually your beliefs or
are they simply the beliefs you were raised with and thus
are comfortable with? Are your beliefs actually your beliefs?
or have you engaged, as Nietzsche called it, overcoming,
have you engaged in overcoming your childhood beliefs?
Your indoctrination as it were…For most people, they
simply carry their childhood beliefs into adulthood without
ever engaging in or thinking about what those beliefs
actually mean…

do you believe in god because you were indoctrinated into it,
or do you believe because you made an engagement with
what those beliefs actually mean? Have you studied or
worked out your actual belief system, or do you
just practice what you were taught?

that is the question…

Kropotkin

This scripture is not about how foolish things are godly.
It is about the idea that god’s wisdom is beyond human wisdom.
And the idea that god makes the weak strong.

…the local law yes, but failed to indoctrinate Jesus… hence his [instigated] demise when he refused to retract that which they wanted him to retract.

“The Book of Acts later goes on to describe Paul the Apostle recounting that although “born in Tarsus”, he was brought up in Jerusalem “at the feet of Gamaliel, [and] taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers” (Acts 22:3).”

Are local laws applicable to the wider demographic and beyond?

Local problems, local laws and gods/deities… i .e., let [grown] people be.

The uber law is self=other, which is a love that transcends revenge.

Here is Kant doing Hegel/Nietzsche before it was kewl. Kant was/is a Christian & wrote the 3 critiques in a friggin decade…and errrybody wishes they were him, or TRIES to do better (pshhhh!!!).

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 7#p2891797
^My participation in this thread has moved there.^

_
The innate Good, need no law to live by… they just are. God (gott), meaning good… denoting a trait, not a Being.

What is prayer/praying for? I don’t think most know…

They/the Good, wouldn’t/don’t have any revenge, to transcend. :wink:

Triple dog dare you to post that here:

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 7#p2891797

_
…or you could copy and paste it into your thread, and reply to it in there… You’re the one that wants to continue your conversing in there after-all, not I.

Watch this! Read that! Go here! Do that! Do you think people come with a remote control? I don’t have a penis that you can lead me by… so’ry.

Since you gave me permission, I’ll go do that then.

_
Permission… or a suggestion?

I only boss-it when irl duty calls, so you do you bae, you do you.

Mole hill > mountain… as always.

I wouldn’t have even thought about it without the suggestion, much less without permission.

Keep being a weirdo, MagsJ. It’s weird. I like weird.

_
I don’t do it/be weird, for da likes… I ain’t about dat ‘Social Media’ life.

Don’t define me… thanks.

Hey MagsJ.

Right now…

I’m not defining you.

_
The end!

…for we are the author of our own narrative, after-all.

Fasted draw in the west!