On Dialectics

Hesiod or the translator?

There seems to me, as to most Catholics, to be some mystical importance to that.

I would beg you, out of civility, not to call worship of Her insidious.

And in some places it might get you killed.

But I won’t go on about that any more.

Whoever wrote the article. I wouldn’t think that a translator added that tremendous amount of wordiness on his own.

And I said, “potentially insidious” - not knowing either way.

Well you wouldn’t. But just surf through some different translations of any work, really, that has many, specially ones spanning centuries, and you would find they can. just pick up a standard one of Sun Tsu. the man used words with extreme sparingness, yet some of his aphorisms are translated with a verbosity that would make a Chineseman snicker.

Again, kind sir, even with the qualifier, I would beg.

I believe I have not remarked suchly on any things you have named that you seem to attach any value to.

I could say, for example, that protestantism, which holds many of the thoughts you now name, is very dry.

But I won’t. Because we are being cool to eachother.

Anyway, re Hesiod, your question was if any had written about what a God is. he did.

Lol, I am now realizing, I don’t really care what you say about Jesus, and I’ve been known to go off on the person myself, having in my view caused great damage to humanity, but if you trash talk the Virgin, even though I’m not even technically a catholic, I get pissed off.

Lol.

I guess one other good reason Catholics pray to her is that she has the ear of the Lord. and most prayers to her are to ask her to intercede for us mortals.

Here is one such prayer (my own imprefect translation from Spanish):

God save thee, Mary,
Thou art full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Holy thou art among all women,
And holy is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Beg for us sinners,
Now and in the hour of our death.

Speaking of praying, I need to get back to work, wife, and wealth issues. So uwma~~

great dialogue - thank you - greetings to your wife :smiley:

P.s.
Mono theus is in so far an ideal subject for dialogue as it talks to one self :astonished:

Well it would be extremely interesting to discuss, but I guess one thing we found yesterday was that it can also approach many sensitive places in humans, and is thus perhaps best avoided. Not for nothing, have most wars had to do with religion. It is like having an intellectual debate about your momma. It just won’t work, even though that person might be supremely interesting.

And from me also, greetings to the family.

I might add, as a side point, that willing to die for your right to do it anyway, even though I don’t want to hear it, is what separates Men Of The Free World from scoundrels and orientals.

Many of us thought it extremely fucked up to make a movie about a gay Jesus, but no heads were threatened with separation from their bodies and no places of business were shot up or made to explode. Or people sent to concentration camps.

Life is good.